Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-04-2016, 11:07 PM   #101
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Riders terrible on both sides of the ball. Also undisciplined. Love it. Despite it being close for 3 quarters, you never got the feeling the Stamps were in trouble.

Also, kudos to Dickenson for running the ball and working the clock in the 4th. Now he just has to do it consistently.
Old 08-04-2016, 11:38 PM   #102
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Loved watching the Stamps ram it down the Riders throat in the 4th quarter. First Buckley with student body right and then Messam got his much deserved TD.
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:00 AM   #103
chockfullofgoodness
First Line Centre

Exp:

I love watching the Riders lose. Their fans are such d-bags.
chockfullofgoodness is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chockfullofgoodness For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2016, 12:21 AM   #104
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's great seeing Chris Jones fail. He's a total clown with zero class.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:40 AM   #105
Magnum PEI
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSome View Post
Suck it Chris Jones!! Wow, he shook hands with Dickenson after the game. What a surprise. Maybe he just doesn't like to shake hands with Huff.
I heard it was one of the conditions when he signed with Sask.
Magnum PEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 12:25 AM   #106
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Can there be no yards when the punt was partially blocked?
Yes, if the punt is partially blocked, but still crosses the line of scrimmage, it's like any other punt, and no yards rules apply.

If a blocked punt doesn't cross the line of scrimmage, it goes into the books as a fumble.
Old 08-06-2016, 05:24 PM   #107
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

It wasn't a spectacular game but it is good enough especially winning against the Riders.

OFFENSE:

What can you say about Bo Levi Mitchell? Media is just salivating about Jennings, Mike Reilly, Zach Collaros and even Trevor Harris and you don't hear much about Mitchell. All this guy do is win. Mitchell been money especially in the 4th quarter this season. Not sure there's any QB out there who's been as good as Mitchell especially late in the game.

Veteran receiver Marquay McDaniel strikes again in this game. He's been quietly good this season and he's at it again vs the Riders. Bakari Grant was okay and he is getting better while Anthony Parker had a game who he can probably forget with the 2 dropped ball. He also made up for his first drop by scoring a touchdown. If Parker can get rid of droppalitis he could be one of the top receiver in the CFL. The guy got speed and he doesn't have a bad size eother. RB Jerome Messam was a monster out there whenever they needed him. Messam is not only RB in the league who never gets a lot of touches this season. Looks like pretty much all the teams in the CFL are shying away from rushing the ball. Offensive Line I thought was pretty good.

DEFENSE:

Someone mentioned teams are starting the ball as much against the Stamps because of the secondary couldn't stop the pass. To be fair, I think the Stamps are lacking of a pass rush. Opponents QB are constantly having so much time picking his receivers to pass on. DBs can only try so much not to give the receiver some open shot and they cannot touch or hold on to the receivers with the way the league is getting tight on pass interference penalty. Our secondary as a group is actually the best in the league. I keep on harping on Claybrook's play calling pretty much every game because we rarely see our DLine or LBs going after the QB much especially early in the game. Defense tends to play better late in the game and it is no coincidence that's when our D go all out on pressuring the QB. Durant picked on Joe Burnett vs Rob Bagg match up early and had success. Durant didn't have as much success with the other receivers because of the play of Tommie Campbell and Ciante Evans. I guess now we know why Dickenson is so keen on playing Evans over a veteran Fred Bennett. Davis and Beltre need to try to go after the QB as much especially when the opponent's offensive lines are double-teaming Charleston Hughes pretty much every play. I am not that impress with MLB Taylor Reed play so far. Maybe because we got used to Juwan Simpson being involved on pretty much every play or his constant yapping at opponents during his time with the Stamps. With Reed not as much. Reed sacked Durant on the game but still was invisible pretty much the whole game. I am hoping Claybrook will call on Singleton once in awhile.

SPECIAL TEAM:

Again, Rene Paredes was perfect on the field goal but still struggling on field goal convert. I still think he is overthinking when he does a convert. Stamps had success with 2-point convert last season and early this season. So maybe they should consider attempting 2-point convert again more. Rob Maver struggled a bit but the blame should not be a 100% on him. Returner Roy Finch is becoming to be one f my favorite Stamps. First return he got hit big time but he came out with the vengeance. Give this guy a good blocking and he will be gone. I think one of the positive with Stamps ST blocking team is having to stay away from penalties ie: illegal block, holding or whatever. ST coverage has been good except against Chris Rainey the other game.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OzSome For This Useful Post: