Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-11-2016, 11:25 AM   #201
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
Is it too early to throw Winnipegs hat in? I don't think they should be written off as one and done in the post season.
I dunno Res, it's a bit early I'm thinking.

6 games in a row is cool and all, but your 7 wins this season have come against a Collaros-less Ti-Cats team twice, Toronto (4-6), Montreal (3-8), Edmonton (5-6) and Sask twice (1-10).

Of course, the one game elimination in football anything can happen, but I don't think you can put the Bombers in with BC and Calgary just yet.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:38 AM   #202
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
I dunno Res, it's a bit early I'm thinking.

6 games in a row is cool and all, but your 7 wins this season have come against a Collaros-less Ti-Cats team twice, Toronto (4-6), Montreal (3-8), Edmonton (5-6) and Sask twice (1-10).

Of course, the one game elimination in football anything can happen, but I don't think you can put the Bombers in with BC and Calgary just yet.
We beat 5 teams of the 8 possible opponents... Kind of hard to say it was the opposition.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:54 AM   #203
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
We beat 5 teams of the 8 possible opponents... Kind of hard to say it was the opposition.
Not really hard to say that at all when you had your lunch fed to you by the top team twice and still haven't faced the next best team in the league (BC) or the other division leader yet (OTT).

But hey, if you want to declare the Bombers a Cup favorite go right ahead, makes no difference to me.

In two weeks you guys are back in CGY to face the Stamps. That will be a good measuring stick game to see if the Bombers are for real.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:20 PM   #204
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Not really hard to say that at all when you had your lunch fed to you by the top team twice and still haven't faced the next best team in the league (BC) or the other division leader yet (OTT).

But hey, if you want to declare the Bombers a Cup favorite go right ahead, makes no difference to me.

In two weeks you guys are back in CGY to face the Stamps. That will be a good measuring stick game to see if the Bombers are for real.
Jesus Christ. When did i say the should be considered a cup favourite?
Old 09-11-2016, 01:11 PM   #205
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Jesus Christ. When did i say the should be considered a cup favourite?
Haha. Fair enough, I just assumed since we were talking about the teams who were going to be potentially the toughest test for the Stamps in the West final (if the Stamps get 1st) that maybe we were talking about potential cup favorites. Guess not, my bad.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:42 PM   #206
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Haha. Fair enough, I just assumed since we were talking about the teams who were going to be potentially the toughest test for the Stamps in the West final (if the Stamps get 1st) that maybe we were talking about potential cup favorites. Guess not, my bad.
I think the bombers have as good a chance as anyone in the west to make it to the west final in Calgary. But a cross over may yet be in the cards.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:49 PM   #207
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think the bombers have as good a chance as anyone in the west to make it to the west final in Calgary. But a cross over may yet be in the cards.
I suppose. Weeks 16 & 17 will probably go a long ways towards answering that question.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:05 PM   #208
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

went to the game in edmonton and it was a pretty good experience. Eskimo fans arent all that bad especially when compared to the Rider hillbilly fans. We all know how bad Mcmahon is, that is obvious, but i was impressed with commonwealth, every seat had a back not like the awful steel benches at Mcmahon. great to see the stamps pull through and win it despite the refs wanting to be the show. Also saw Reilly's dad with his glorious mane. what are the chances
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote