Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2014, 12:00 AM   #1
Bingo
Owner

Exp:
Default Stars 2 Flames 1

http://www.calgarypuck.com/2014/12/b...s-road-before/
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2014, 07:48 AM   #2
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

5 shots on goal in the 3rd period trailing by 1 goal and having 5 of the 20 minutes on the PP.

I don't see that as the Flames winning the stats battle.

Was Stajan a healthy scratch?

No points by Raymond in his last 6 games since coming back from injury. 9 games with no points overall.
ricardodw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 09:21 AM   #3
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Disagree strongly about Russell being the goat for the Benn goal. That was a bang bang play right off a faceoff that few players in the league have the strength and skill to pull off.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #4
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
Disagree strongly about Russell being the goat for the Benn goal. That was a bang bang play right off a faceoff that few players in the league have the strength and skill to pull off.
Fair enough.

I thought he was too weak on his stick.

At the end of the day though, there was a situation in front of the net with Russell and Benn. Benn won the battle and scored. It was a defining moment in a one-goal game. For that reason, the 'goat' label applies IMO, regardless.

I do have to say though, after seeing more replays of it since, that Hiller also played it poorly and deserves some of the blame (for lack of a better word)
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2014, 09:42 AM   #5
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just think sometimes that fans tend to lament how the players on their team made a bad play or mistake, or allowed a play that results in a goal, to the point where they take the competition out of the equation. Sometimes the competition just makes a great play against you. I tend to think this was more a great play by Benn than a breakdown by Russell/Hiller, though I hear where you're coming from.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:02 AM   #6
jemjey
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I tend to think that was more on hiller than russell. Yea benn beat him on his stick but he was doing that to everyone on our team... dudes so strong.

Hiller kicked it right out to him then just flopped on his stomach with about a foot gap open behind him. granted, it was a broken play so im not throwing him under the bus but id like to see him gobble that puck up. I think there was a play in the third where almost the same thing happened off the faceoff but he just dove on it with his glove so looks like he learned his lesson.

All in all this has been such a frustrating stretch. Outplaying teams yet always finding ways to fall behind. Definitely dont seem to have the puckluck right now but id like to see them shoot more.
jemjey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jemjey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2014, 10:40 AM   #7
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
I just think sometimes that fans tend to lament how the players on their team made a bad play or mistake, or allowed a play that results in a goal, to the point where they take the competition out of the equation. Sometimes the competition just makes a great play against you. I tend to think this was more a great play by Benn than a breakdown by Russell/Hiller, though I hear where you're coming from.
I totally agree with the bold. Fans like to lay blame. But the other team its trying to win too - sometimes they just make good plays.

Had to pick a goat though
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2014, 01:23 PM   #8
BloodFetish
First Line Centre

Exp:

Gaudreau wows me every game!

We have our Adam Oates - can we get a Brett Hull for him? Please?
BloodFetish is offline   Reply With Quote