Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-27-2017, 07:56 AM   #1521
STeeLy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post
I am not sure if this is the correct thread or not but I was wondering about TSA Pre-Check.

I am a Nexus cardholder and I haven't flown to the US in a little while and I am going for a trip to Phx in September, the early morning flight back to YYC has me worried that there may be a huge line. When I booked my flight on Air Canada they asked for my Nexus card number, does this mean I will get the TSA Pre-Check symbol on my boarding card?

What other requirements are to be had in order to use the expedited lines other than just being a Nexus user?

Thanks for any help!
There's no reason why you shouldn't get it.

TSA Pre-check is its own program where members of nexus and global entry are automatically enrolled in.

TSA Pre-check is also dependent on airline, if airlines participates in the program (which Air Canada does), then you're very likely to get TSA pre-check.

The only time I've got my nexus and haven't had TSA Pre-check was when I flew Air Canada from Vegas before they participated in pre-check.
STeeLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 09:32 AM   #1522
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I flew Westjet out of SNA and they did not participate and I was not pleased about that. This was a good year ago, so perhaps it's different now.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:19 AM   #1523
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It used to be neither AC or Westjet were part of it, but both are now.

So yes you should get pre check leaving the US.
Ryan Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:43 AM   #1524
Envitro
First Line Centre

Exp:

Your Nexus card number is your Pre-Check ID number that you enter in. My wife and I both have had our Nexus cards for a while, and we enter in our Nexus Card numbers in to the field at checkin, and get the Pre-Check logo on our boarding cards.
Envitro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Envitro For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2017, 01:55 PM   #1525
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

The 340-600's are awesome for the washroom block in the lower level. It's a great idea and keeps people out of the aisles. I bet it's more efficient too.

Hockey is just a game the way ice cream is just glucose, love is just
a feeling, and sex is just repetitive motion.

___________________________________- A Theory of Ice
FurnaceFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 11:14 AM   #1526
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envitro View Post
Your Nexus card number is your Pre-Check ID number that you enter in. My wife and I both have had our Nexus cards for a while, and we enter in our Nexus Card numbers in to the field at checkin, and get the Pre-Check logo on our boarding cards.
I found I only got PreCheck if I used my passport number.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:03 PM   #1527
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bigtime, do you know what the Royal Air Force jet was doing in Calgary today? Is it a common occurrence to have them here?
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:04 PM   #1528
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was it like, a troop transport? They often use k-country for training.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:11 PM   #1529
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

RAF A330 Voyager. Transport and aerial tanker. They are in and out quite commonly with the Brits training at CFB Suffield. We also get C-17's and the occasional A400 from them too.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:13 PM   #1530
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do they send firefighters over too? Maybe here to help?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:30 PM   #1531
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pre-check w/ nexus seems more miss than hit for me in the states. Sometimes we aren't able to get it onto our boarding pass based on how we check in (mobile?), other times it seems the TSA gatekeepers are only programmed to recognize 1 thing and 1 thing only.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:18 AM   #1532
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Do they send firefighters over too? Maybe here to help?
I don't believe they have this year.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:23 AM   #1533
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Word is that Japan Airlines is going to operate a charter flight here for the Shaw Charity Classic. Not confirmed yet but would be nice to see a JAL bird here in YYC again. Years ago we had a few summer charter flights.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:25 AM   #1534
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

JAL flying to Calgary? Sign me up as super interested if that happens. That Air Canada flight to Narita is like a tin can that breaks down half the time (or so it seems when I try to fly it).

Why would it operate for the Shaw Charity Classic though?
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:27 AM   #1535
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
JAL flying to Calgary? Sign me up as super interested if that happens. That Air Canada flight to Narita is like a tin can that breaks down half the time (or so it seems when I try to fly it).

Not sure why they would operate the charter for the tournament. By all information it has become one of the more popular tour stops on the Champions tour, so perhaps Japan with its golf interest is taking advantage of it and Banff nearby for a tour group or two?
Old 07-31-2017, 10:28 AM   #1536
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Not sure why they would operate the charter for the tournament. By all information it has become one of the more popular tour stops on the Champions tour, so perhaps Japan with its golf interest is taking advantage of it and Banff nearby for a tour group or two?
Seems logical. Any JAL flight coming to Calgary would probably exist to serve the Japanese market rather than the Canadian one interested in going to Japan.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:40 PM   #1537
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:

I've done that AC flight 3 times now and it's been great each time, even better than Cathay Pacific from VAN which I've done a couple of times. I know AC has a crap reputation for domestic flights, but international I've found them to be upper tier in terms of service
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:06 AM   #1538
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
I've done that AC flight 3 times now and it's been great each time, even better than Cathay Pacific from VAN which I've done a couple of times. I know AC has a crap reputation for domestic flights, but international I've found them to be upper tier in terms of service
Yeah i took that one as well and it was pretty pleasant as far as longish flights go. Good movie selection, enough legroom, plane wasn't 100% full so could recline my seat without guilt, departed and arrived on time. No complaints here.
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:28 AM   #1539
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

Quote:

I just flew YYC- Narita on Air Canada last Thursday. It was fantastic: a 1/3 full 787. I had the whole row to myself.

Also, for future reference if you're flying through terminal 3 at Narita, eat BEFORE you go through security.
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:25 AM   #1540
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveway View Post
I just flew YYC- Narita on Air Canada last Thursday. It was fantastic: a 1/3 full 787. I had the whole row to myself.
Glad you had a great flight, not as happy to hear it was only 1/3 full. Now one flight doesn't tell the whole tale of how the route is performing, so I hope overall everything is good and the route sticks around. AC has done a good job of keeping with it, the tsunami set back original plans to increase frequency all those years ago but it has been slowly building up. Would be nice to see it go daily year round at some point (no winter reduction).

Tags
go flames go , say no to yeg , tunnel of death , yyc