Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2014, 08:42 AM   #101
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
This has got to be the stupidest discussion this site has seen in a long time.
Well I don't know, I had no idea we had so many ex-inmates here, or at least so I assume judging from how much all these people know about prison. It'll come in handy if I ever get incarcerated for serial jaywalking, I'll just seek out the protection of all the CP homies and skate my thru the hard time.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:02 AM   #102
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

This thread get me chatting with my cousin who is a guard at Bowden. He said that jail isn't nearly as dangerous as it is on TV. Not nearly as many stabbings, beatings or rape as people think and if you mind your own business you'd more than likely be fine.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:18 AM   #103
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
This thread get me chatting with my cousin who is a guard at Bowden. He said that jail isn't nearly as dangerous as it is on TV. Not nearly as many stabbings, beatings or rape as people think and if you mind your own business you'd more than likely be fine.
*In a Mid-Med Prison In Canada That Is Government Run

I think most of the perceived prison issues arise from Med-Max Private prisons in the States, which is a whole different ball game.

It's apples to corrupt-overcrowded-apples.

Quote:
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2014, 09:22 AM   #104
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Quote:
But that kind of ruins the fun of this thread.
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:03 AM   #105
FireFly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Your cousin works at Bowden... not Drumheller. Try again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:58 AM   #106
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
Your cousin works at Bowden... not Drumheller. Try again.
Yes, and is it completely unbelievable that he's spent his entire career there? You guys can really act like a bunch of muppets sometimes.

I'll tell you what - I'll quit spoiling your fun with facts, granted hearsay, so you can go back to your belief of prison life based on "Sons of Anarchy" and "National Geographics: AMERICA'S TOUGHEST PRISONS!!"
Old 08-17-2014, 11:02 AM   #107
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
*In a Mid-Med Prison In Canada That Is Government Run

I think most of the perceived prison issues arise from Med-Max Private prisons in the States, which is a whole different ball game.

It's apples to corrupt-overcrowded-apples.
Possibly but he's represented the Canadian prison system at numerous conferences for the emergency response team so he interacts with a large group of jail staff from all over North America and these are the stories he brings back.

MOD EDIT: No insults please.

Last edited by KootenayFlamesFan; 08-18-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:02 AM   #108
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

depends on the prison probably
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:15 AM   #109
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have no problem with the actions of Dog the Bounty Hunter. He has a skill set, put it to use, raised substantial publicity on the case. The guy got arrested quickly without harming anyone else.

Glad he used his celebrity to bring more attention to the case and keep it in the mainstream media's eye for a few extra days.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #110
Clarkey
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

This is ridiculous, it's one thing for him to be picking up potheads he's bonded in Hawaii for forgetting to show up for their court appearance but to have him and his inbred family members running around like turkeys trying to catch real criminals is just ridiculous. D'Wayne should leave policing to real professional law inforcement. Only in 'Murica do you have a real live WWF reject and his blob of a wife (physique like a bag of milk) running around pretending to be super hero's.
Clarkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clarkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2014, 02:38 PM   #111
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

which would be the case if you ignore the capture of Andrew Luster.

I wonder if the women Luster raped are upset at Chapman's tactics? I suspect not.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3098485.html
Old 08-17-2014, 02:51 PM   #112
Arya Stark
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
which would be the case if you ignore the capture of Andrew Luster.

I wonder if the women Luster raped are upset at Chapman's tactics? I suspect not.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3098485.html
Well except if you ignore the fact that bounty hunting is illegal in Mexico and they took the laws in their own hands when they had zero right to do so.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:02 PM   #113
Stranger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
This has got to be the stupidest discussion this site has seen in a long time.
I amazed that this thread has gone this long and no one has posted a Christy Mack Picture.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:02 PM   #114
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkey View Post
This is ridiculous, it's one thing for him to be picking up potheads he's bonded in Hawaii for forgetting to show up for their court appearance but to have him and his inbred family members running around like turkeys trying to catch real criminals is just ridiculous. D'Wayne should leave policing to real professional law inforcement. Only in 'Murica do you have a real live WWF reject and his blob of a wife (physique like a bag of milk) running around pretending to be super hero's.
Thanked for the "physique like a bag of milk" comment. Original.

And true.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2014, 04:13 PM   #115
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkey View Post
yeah they're complete redneck lunatics, but they're amazing at bounty hunting so you have to give them credit for atleast that. His ridiculous hair and annoying wife make him hard to stand.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:37 PM   #116
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I remember when I took a hand to hand combat course back when I was a younger guy, I learned a lot of tricks and at some point you feel that your invincible, unbeatable and will never ever be dominated.

My instructor who was a very tough multi-dicipline guy pulled me aside one day and stated simply. "Even the greatest and toughest fighters will eventually run into somebody who will have a better day then you. Every fighter no mater who well rounded and devastating will eventually lose"

Eventually some ###### that calls himself War Machine will end up lying in his own puddle of poop and blood and vomit if he keeps looking for trouble.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2014, 03:19 AM   #117
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco.vidal View Post
A hotel guest who witnessed the arrest told KTLA that officers used a Taser on Koppenhaver.

“And they were like banging on the door, trying to get it open, and they’re like, ‘Open the door, open the door,” Nicolle Blankenship said. “Finally when they got it open they yelled, ‘Gun,’ and then all of a sudden you see them shoot him with a Taser. And he got shot with a Taser and he went down to the floor, and then they handcuffed him.”

-
I wish my name was Todd, because then I could say, 'Yes, my name's Todd. Todd Blankenship.' Oh, also I wish my last name was Blankenship.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:17 PM   #118
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
I wish my name was Todd, because then I could say, 'Yes, my name's Todd. Todd Blankenship.' Oh, also I wish my last name was Blankenship.
dude, your name is Thor. That's badass, I wish my name was Thor.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:45 PM   #119
FireFly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yes, and is it completely unbelievable that he's spent his entire career there? You guys can really act like a bunch of muppets sometimes.

I'll tell you what - I'll quit spoiling your fun with facts, granted hearsay, so you can go back to your belief of prison life based on "Sons of Anarchy" and "National Geographics: AMERICA'S TOUGHEST PRISONS!!"
No it's not, but then why don't you say, "My cousin has worked at a number of prisons and from his experience..."

I'll tell you what - my step-cousin who has been in Drumheller for well over a decade and my grandfather who worked at the facility in Vancouver have both told me differently. Are there riots everyday and stuff? Not even close. However, if your crimes are deemed despicable by other inmates, your life is not a joyride. See look! I have hearsay too!

Quote:
Possibly but he's represented the Canadian prison system at numerous conferences for the emergency response team so he interacts with a large group of jail staff from all over North America and these are the stories he brings back.

Thanks for not being a prick with your reply like Firefly though.
Thanks for the personal attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:38 PM   #120
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Details from the guy (Corey Thomas) who was attacked by Jon.

Quote:
[Mackinday] has been [in] an ‘on-again, off-again' dating relationship with Jonathan (Jon) Koppenhaver for the past 15 months. Currently they are in a dating relationship and she identified Koppenhaver as her "boyfriend".

On 8-8-14 Mackinday was at home, asleep in her bed, in the master bedroom. ... Mackinday's friend Corey Thomas was also at Mackinday's home and sleeping in the same bed as Mackinday. Mackinday described she and Thomas are currently in a "non-sexual relationship", though have had sex in the past.

At approximately 1:30-2 am she woke up to her dogs barking (2 pit bulls that were also sleeping in her bed) and Koppenhaver walking into her room (Koppenhaver was wearing camo Tom's, dark grey cargo shorts, a white shirt which read "Alpha Male S--t Clothing Company") and turning on the light.

Koppenhaver then attacked Thomas while he was lying in the bed and Koppenhaver began punching Thomas in the face. Mackinday asked Koppenhaver to stop and Koppenhaver continued to punch Thomas, (1 count) Batter w/ Substantial Bodily Harm. While Koppenhaver was beating Thomas, Makinday dialed 911 from her cell phone, (redacted) and hid the phone from Koppenhaver. Mackinday did not say anything to the operator and she left the phone with an open line. Mackinday explained Koppenhaver choked Thomas by placing Thomas in a ‘rear naked choke' ... The fighting continued for approximately 10 minutes and Koppenhaver eventually released Thomas from the choke hold (1 Count) Strangulation.

Thomas was bleeding "profusely" from his face and Koppenhaver had Thomas's blood on his shirt. Koppenhaver told Thomas to leave and told Thomas that he would kill him if he reported this and Koppenhaver went to jail. Koppenhaver said he would give his friends all of Thomas's information and his friends would find Thomas and kill him if anything happened to Koppenhaver.

Thomas went to his job in Spring Mountain and Valley View and called police reference the incident.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/8/18...eged-attack-of

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote