Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2024, 02:57 PM   #1941
Saqe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
Marner is as good as gone, you can pretty much guarantee it.
From what I’ve heard through 2nd hand information is he wants to move on now too and would welcome a trade to a contender with Florida being at the top of his list.
He would be smart to get out of Toronto, he is quickly becoming villain there. His salary is bad though considering what he brings in the playoffs, clearly a complementary player when things get rough. I don't see how any contender would want him with his cap hit.
Saqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 02:57 PM   #1942
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
True, I did forget about him.

But Calgary's PP was going extremely well at the end of the year and Huberdeau was still not particularly increasing his point total to a PPG. He had 14 points in his last 20 games, a 57 point pace.

Now Kuzmenko was at a 70 point pace with Calgary, with virtually half of those points on the PP.

Could he do it? Of course he could. But I believe the odds are quite low.
I can't remember the exact number but on Flames Talk they said once Kuzmenko was in better game shape and not being held back by a nagging injury he was on like a 128 point pace. Now obviously that isn't going to happen over a full season but 80-100 seems likely if he has a dedicated summer. As for Huberdeau, who knows. The talent is obviously there, who knows with him.
dissentowner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 03:16 PM   #1943
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Really? I have heard the exact opposite of that.
Yea I mean it could be bad info I can’t prove it’s 100% accurate but there’s been frustration all year and the blame/shade has been thrown at him for the lack of results thus far.

There’s no secret he’s big friends with Tkachuk though I was told that’s not the reason, he’s just tired of the spotlight/media frenzy and wants a fresh start.

We’ll see in the off-season, but Toronto is going to have to move one of its top 4 and I’ve heard he’s the odd man out but it’s mutual.
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 03:59 PM   #1944
CalgarySames
Draft Pick

Much as I hate to say it, I think they really should trade Mangiapane in the off season. Guy needs a change of scenery, team needs to move on from him too. Give the guy a chance to revitalize himself in a contract year, give the Flames another roster spot to give to a guy like Pelletier or Coronato. Not expecting a huge return on him, maybe even have him as a complimentary piece if we trade Markstrom. He's one of the last relics of the old guard on this team, Backlund and Coleman are still there sure but at least they're producing.
CalgarySames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 04:07 PM   #1945
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgarySames View Post
Much as I hate to say it, I think they really should trade Mangiapane in the off season. Guy needs a change of scenery, team needs to move on from him too. Give the guy a chance to revitalize himself in a contract year, give the Flames another roster spot to give to a guy like Pelletier or Coronato. Not expecting a huge return on him, maybe even have him as a complimentary piece if we trade Markstrom. He's one of the last relics of the old guard on this team, Backlund and Coleman are still there sure but at least they're producing.
Mangiapane outproduced Backlund (by a whopping 1 point in Mang's 75 games vs. Backlund's 82). Not sure why Backlund is getting a pass in this assessment - as he just put up what I believe was one of his weaker seasons in the last half decade.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2024, 04:16 PM   #1946
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

You could probably do a case study on Huberdeau and player chemistry. Ppl seem to harp harshly on the individual but it's a team game overall.

Team building is a jigsaw puzzle. You have to put the right pieces together properly to make the picture.

I don't think the Flames have had the pieces that fit with Huberdeau to fully unlock his game.

Add in how the team is coached and it adds another wrinkle.

I do respect that they've tried to make Huberdeau change his game to that that fits into their system and he's given an honest effort. But he still needs chemistry.

He's had flashes with a couple of players but nothing instant and nothing consistent.
Old 04-28-2024, 04:19 PM   #1947
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Mangiapane outproduced Backlund (by a whopping 1 point in Mang's 75 games vs. Backlund's 82). Not sure why Backlund is getting a pass in this assessment - as he just put up what I believe was one of his weaker seasons in the last half decade.
Really, most of their advanced stats are quite similar overall.
I guess the only thing is that Mangiapane earns more.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 05:34 PM   #1948
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yea I mean it could be bad info I can’t prove it’s 100% accurate but there’s been frustration all year and the blame/shade has been thrown at him for the lack of results thus far.

There’s no secret he’s big friends with Tkachuk though I was told that’s not the reason, he’s just tired of the spotlight/media frenzy and wants a fresh start.

We’ll see in the off-season, but Toronto is going to have to move one of its top 4 and I’ve heard he’s the odd man out but it’s mutual.
Well thanks for sharing, you could have heard something newer than anything I have heard.
Old 04-28-2024, 05:46 PM   #1949
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post

Backlund is a Center, is the captain, doesnt fall down 25 times a game and will be 1.3M cheaper next year and not be an upcoming UFA.

If im Conroy, im making it a priority to get something for Mangiapane this summer.
Old 04-28-2024, 06:03 PM   #1950
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't see the point in trading Mangiapane in the offseason. He doesn't have a lot of positive value at $5.8 million. If he has an uptick in his game this season he will fetch a lot more at the trade deadline.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2024, 06:05 PM   #1951
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought I heard Mang requested a trade? So with him and Markstrom both wanting out, I wonder what we can get for them either individually or even as a package
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 06:09 PM   #1952
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I don't see the point in trading Mangiapane in the offseason. He doesn't have a lot of positive value at $5.8 million. If he has an uptick in his game this season he will fetch a lot more at the trade deadline.
I think the difference between what he would being back at the TDL and in the offseason is marginal. I'd rather have his spot in the T9 go to a young player... I think the value of getting them extra reps would outweigh any potential marginal difference in trade value.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Parallex For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2024, 06:15 PM   #1953
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
I thought I heard Mang requested a trade? So with him and Markstrom both wanting out, I wonder what we can get for them either individually or even as a package
He didn't request a trade, he has just made suggestions he is open to a change of scenery and was not happy with the season.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2024, 07:19 PM   #1954
butterfly
First Line Centre

Exp:

I love what Trotz was quoted as saying during the Nashville game: You aren't signing here to retire. Awesome. Wish we'd declare that too.
butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 07:38 PM   #1955
traptor
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Unless someone ponies something decent for mang, might as well hang onto him until tdl.

Atleast then there's a chance for a bounce back and you can sell him a bit higher.
traptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 07:39 PM   #1956
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Marner is as good as gone, you can pretty much guarantee it.
From what I’ve heard through 2nd hand information is he wants to move on now too and would welcome a trade to a contender with Florida being at the top of his list.
Haha. Not sure Bill Zito or any GM is too interested in acquiring a UFA winger carrying a 10.9 mil caphit. He will probably need to wait for 2025 free agency.
saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saillias For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2024, 07:40 PM   #1957
butterfly
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by traptor View Post
Unless someone ponies something decent for mang, might as well hang onto him until tdl.

Atleast then there's a chance for a bounce back and you can sell him a bit higher.
I guess we'll see. If the Flames retain, he's a pretty useful player at 1x$2.9 IMO. Useless at $5.8.
butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 07:42 PM   #1958
Hackey
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
I think the difference between what he would being back at the TDL and in the offseason is marginal. I'd rather have his spot in the T9 go to a young player... I think the value of getting them extra reps would outweigh any potential marginal difference in trade value.
Mangipane at full price is bringing back nothing of value in the offseason. If he can bounce back even slightly he will have much better value at the deadline when the cap hit is more manageable and teams have a better idea what they're trading for. The Flames have plenty of available slots for young guys if they show they belong. I'd much rather roll the dice and see if he can have a bounce back year.
Hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 08:20 PM   #1959
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lots of talk they want to sign a player to play with Huberdeau. And then want to give Pelletier and Coronato some time in the top 9.

That’s about 3 top 9 forwards too many.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 08:24 PM   #1960
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I can't remember the exact number but on Flames Talk they said once Kuzmenko was in better game shape and not being held back by a nagging injury he was on like a 128 point pace. Now obviously that isn't going to happen over a full season but 80-100 seems likely if he has a dedicated summer. As for Huberdeau, who knows. The talent is obviously there, who knows with him.
100 points for Kuzmenko?

Now that is a hot take.

Time will tell on that one.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:

Tags
devils suck , e=ng , edmonton is no good , nj is no good