Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #221
IGGYFORMVP
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Of Liberty View Post
Given that the Kings aren't a bunch of insecure butt hurt internet posters, I am going to guess the answer is no.

If they are going to Nail him, it will have nothing to do whether he slid across the ice or not.

I've played enough hockey to know this quote is soooo wrong. I guarantee you they will target him. No one likes this kind of garbage. If you think we are all talking about it don't you think the Kings players may have took just a little bit of offense to that over the top display of ###### baggery?
IGGYFORMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #222
burnitdown
Scoring Winger

Exp:

They were interviewing Jeremy Roenick on NHL Radio this morning and he says any commentator who complains about the celebration should have their mic taken away and no one in their right mind should be complaining about it. He said Yakupov is a young kid who just scored a huge goal...his celebration wasn't disrespecting the Kings...and he says 99% of players around the league will love the heart shown.
burnitdown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to burnitdown For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #223
lannysstache
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
It's two extremes. Neither are great but Oiler fans showing a huge dumb side tonight. I'll take the fans that don't throw garbage on the ice.

Really? So.....what corporate tickets do you use to go to Flames games?

I don’t understand fans who just want to go to games and are more entertained by their cell phone, work client sitting beside them or the intermission sumo contest than the actual game?

The reffing in that game was terrible and if that was a Flames game I would have been livid.

I guess I am akin to agree with what soccer fans define as being a fan of a team!

Buying a red Flames jersey 30 minutes before you meet a colleague at the C-train entrance to the Dome where all you are hoping for is an entertaining game is not a fan in my mind........

Prediction - he responds by telling me he has had season tickets since the Corral days.........
lannysstache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #224
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

I couldn't care less, but I am sure the Kings did and I expect Dustin Brown to show him what's up next time around.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #225
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

I didn't mind it, but he ignored his team-mates to grab the spot-light for himself. Reminded me of Vince Young at the end of the big Bowl Game. "Look at me!"

Last edited by troutman; 01-25-2013 at 09:15 AM.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #226
IGGYFORMVP
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnitdown View Post
They were interviewing Jeremy Roenick on NHL Radio this morning and he says any commentator who complains about the celebration should have their mic taken away and no one in their right mind should be complaining about it. He said Yakupov is a young kid who just scored a huge goal...his celebration wasn't disrespecting the Kings...and he says 99% of players around the league will love the heart shown.

Why do people here keep quoting JR like he is some hockey god? First he says he had a career as good as Iginla's and now this? JR should come out of retirement and play with the Oilers. He would fit right in. He has to be one of my least favorite ex-NHL'ers.
IGGYFORMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #227
lannysstache
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
One happened a quarter of a century ago, the other is an ongoing streak regarding the current team. Not the same at all.

And by "last 3 years" do you mean the last 7?
Well if you a referring to missing the playoffs then you are looking for 6 years. 7 years ago they were in the Cup Final.

I don't define sucking as missing the playoffs - sucking is having no chance to even come close to the playoffs - which the Oilers have been for the last 3 years and you could argue 4 maybe 5 years.

Do I think the Flames sucked last year....no - we at least competed for a playoff spot...are we going to suck this year........TBD....
Old 01-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #228
edn88
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I am happy that our rookie is classy. Team game, team celebration... seems reasonabe to me.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #229
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannysstache View Post
Really? So.....what corporate tickets do you use to go to Flames games?

I don’t understand fans who just want to go to games and are more entertained by their cell phone, work client sitting beside them or the intermission sumo contest than the actual game?

The reffing in that game was terrible and if that was a Flames game I would have been livid.

I guess I am akin to agree with what soccer fans define as being a fan of a team!

Buying a red Flames jersey 30 minutes before you meet a colleague at the C-train entrance to the Dome where all you are hoping for is an entertaining game is not a fan in my mind........

Prediction - he responds by telling me he has had season tickets since the Corral days.........
Wow, you sure picked the wrong guy to go at like this. Mastadon is decidedly an old time Flames fan. The guy is just as vociferous a fan as I am (and for the record I was at the first Flames game at the corral October 9th 1980 5-5 tie and have been a rock solid fan ever since)
Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #230
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well if you a referring to missing the playoffs then you are looking for 6 years. 7 years ago they were in the Cup Final.

I don't define sucking as missing the playoffs - sucking is having no chance to even come close to the playoffs - which the Oilers have been for the last 3 years and you could argue 4 maybe 5 years.

Do I think the Flames sucked last year....no - we at least competed for a playoff spot...are we going to suck this year........TBD....
what is this we stuff. Your posts ooze Oiler fan.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #231
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Doesn't Yakupov do some sort of dumb celebration on assists too? I thought I seen a blurb on that somewhere, he sheaths his stick like its a sword or something?

I understand the excitement on this goal, but the slide down the ice was a bit much.

One thing is for sure, this guy is going to be a big part of bringing the BOA rivalry back to what it used to be.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #232
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Doesn't Yakupov do some sort of dumb celebration on assists too? I thought I seen a blurb on that somewhere, he sheaths his stick like its a sword or something?

I understand the excitement on this goal, but the slide down the ice was a bit much.

One thing is for sure, this guy is going to be a big part of bringing the BOA rivalry back to what it used to be.
He does, and it's hilarious.

Dude is entertaining, we need more like him in the league.
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #233
Ezio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2Back View Post
Best celebration of all time, Yakupov is going to be a true superstar.

Theo Fleury tweeted

Theo Fleury ‏@TheoFleury14
Hey everyone thanks 4 remembering me tonight. Great celly by Yak! Just got 150 tweets after the goal. Love the raw emotion of scoring big G
What an obnoxious signature. lol.
Ezio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #234
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerSteve View Post
He does, and it's hilarious.

Dude is entertaining, we need more like him in the league.
I disagree with him celebrating assists. That is more thread worthy than this goal celebration.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #235
Jordan!
Jordan!

Exp:

Yeah, what a utter fool for entertaining thousands of fans after a lockout.. this thread has some ridiculous comments clouded by hatred for Edmonton and the Oilers. Which is no surprise on a Flames board but from someone who is numb to that:

THAT WAS GREAT!!!

The game needs more excitement and personalities in my opinion.

Kudos to Nail
Jordan! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jordan! For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #236
lannysstache
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny'sDaMan View Post
Wow, you sure picked the wrong guy to go at like this. Mastadon is decidedly an old time Flames fan. The guy is just as vociferous a fan as I am (and for the record I was at the first Flames game at the corral October 9th 1980 5-5 tie and have been a rock solid fan ever since)
So I take a stab at casual Flames fans and I don’t agree that Edmonton has sucked for the last 20 years and now I am an Oilers fan.....

The inferiority complex on this site gets worse by the day....

Last edited by lannysstache; 01-25-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #237
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Eventually an opponent will get mad enough and crack him.
Yakapov will start taunting the other teams bench after a goal and he will bring it upon himself.
The media will say what a dirty hit from behind or whatever. That kind of hit was a complete disregard for the game.

Some of us will say i knew this was coming sooner or later.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #238
Ezio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
trust me, other teams have noticed...teams are going to be fired up to play them. Ask some old Flame players about Theo's celly in 1989...they will tell you it fired up the Oilers for game seven

he also celebrated like a clown when he scored to make the game 2-1 the other night...its gonna get old fast
Oilers needed no motivation to get fired up. A team going into a game 7 against their archrivals should bring their 'A' game no matter what.

A celebration wouldn't change that.
Ezio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #239
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouw N Arrow View Post
Yeah, what a utter fool for entertaining thousands of fans after a lockout.. this thread has some ridiculous comments clouded by hatred for Edmonton and the Oilers. Which is no surprise on a Flames board but from someone who is numb to that:

THAT WAS GREAT!!!

The game needs more excitement and personalities in my opinion.

Kudos to Nail
its too bad Yakupov didn't do this in PHX but then again nobody would see it.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #240
moon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
The inferiority complex on this site gets worse by the day....
Inferiority complex of a team that finished 30,30,29 and has 0 defense and worse goaltending?

LOL
moon is offline   Reply With Quote