Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2014, 10:01 AM   #21
scottish_flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator View Post
This is terrible news. I hope the soldiers make a full recovery.

Scottish flame:

You sound like an idiot, and actually probably are. I sure hope you don't live in Canada we don't need your intolerant kind here. You really have two choices if you live here a) move back to Scotland and let them deal with your ignorance or b) accept the Canadian way. If you do live here you seem to have assimilated just aswell as these radicalized Muslims, your previous posts also confirm as such.
Unlike these Muslims you speak of I don't feel the need to kill every other religion/person that doesn't agree with their barbaric ways.
Oh and just to annoy you even more I am a permanent resident of Canada.
scottish_flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:03 AM   #22
scottish_flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulham View Post
I hope to god Harper limits immigration from Islamic country's, its sad but its not worth the risk, we need to deport any Islamist in Canada that we suspect is radicalized. The fact we have a list of potentially dangerous Islamists in this country and we allow them to stay here makes me angry. I'd rather offend Muslims in Canada by mass deportations of those who are radicalized than have even a single life taken by a extreme a view of Islam. We must be the only large western country without a major terrorist attack and id like it to remain that way.
I agree with everything you said. Don't allow this barbaric religion to spread.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:06 AM   #23
Hatter
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Here we go again... Muslim panic.

Give CSIS the tools they need to track radicalization, and go about your lives. There is, as always, a much higher chance of being stabbed in a robbery by some white dude than being attacked by an Islamic radical. The fact that some people think this is an actual problem in our country is mind blowing.

The solution lies within the Islamic community to prevent radicalism, and we need to work with them to prevent its spread. If we start deporting people because muslims are a "threat" we become exactly what the radicals think we are. Education is the key. Knee-jerk reactions to a non-issue are counter productive.
Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hatter For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2014, 10:07 AM   #24
fulham
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I should have clarified, those with dual citizenship should on the first plane out, those with citizenship should be interned Guantanamo style
fulham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:11 AM   #25
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I should have clarified, those with dual citizenship should on the first plane out, those with citizenship should be interned Guantanamo style
Old 10-21-2014, 10:11 AM   #26
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

So what you are saying is you didn't think through you kneejerk post.

People like you and scottish_flame are just as bad as those you want to deport.

I dislike your bigoted views, can we round you up and send you to an ice flow?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.

Last edited by undercoverbrother; 10-21-2014 at 10:15 AM.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:13 AM   #27
RedMileDJ
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post

I dislike your bigoted views, can we round you up and send you to Baffin Island?
Woh, woh, woh! What did the Baffin Island people ever do to you, to deserve this?!?
RedMileDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedMileDJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2014, 10:14 AM   #28
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
This site's forum software won't let me post the number of facepalm images I need to to respond to this comment. So, please view every single result from this Google image search before posting again:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=facep...w=1366&bih=653
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2014, 10:15 AM   #29
scottish_flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post

I dislike your bigoted views, can we round you up and send you to Baffin Island?
Deport us for what ? Not wanting a terrorist attack in the place we live ? Right you are.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:15 AM   #30
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Mile-DJ View Post
Woh, woh, woh! What did the Baffin Island people ever do to you, to deserve this?!?

fair point, better now?

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2014, 10:16 AM   #31
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottish_flame View Post
Deport us for what ? Not wanting a terrorist attack in the place we live ? Right you are.

for being ignorant.

for promoting hatred of a large section of society.

for being a soccer lover.

take your pick.

Quote:
Old 10-21-2014, 10:16 AM   #32
burn_baby_burn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
The fear for me is that if this is the new face of terrorism, its the perfect face. The lone wolf berzerker who's act is a small act but enough to get attention.

What even makes it more concerting is that CSIS came out yesterday and stated that they don't have the resources to track up to 80 targets that left Canada and returned.

The smart terrorist strategy is not to have the grandiose plans and the need to buy a ton of explosives and have different cells of people active that can leak or inform.

This if it is what it is, is truly terrifying, individuals using simple tactics and weapons to show us that we're not safe.

It could be a hit and run like this one.

Or a public stabbing

Or a home invasion

Its impossible to track unless you have 80 agents constantly following 80 suspects.

And if something like this starts to happen more frequently and its successful, like any political exercise it will grow and grow.

It will be like small pack animals attacking and biting a larger predator, eventually the larger predator will succumb.
Scary stuff. People are poking fun at Scottish_flame for his overreaction. However, with ISIS recruiting Calgarians it doesn't seem far fetched that something could happen close to home. All it takes is a backpack loaded with explosives to go off in a crowed public place. Seems very easy to do, all they need is someone willing to do it.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:17 AM   #33
fulham
Backup Goalie

Exp:

The idea of "let the Muslim community prevent radicalism" has not worked anywhere, look at France, the UK, and to a certain extent in the US.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:20 AM   #34
fulham
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I never said "Muslims" I said radical Muslims... what do you suggest we do with radical Muslims CSIS is nervous about? What about the dozens of Canadians fighting for ISIS? Should they be welcomed back as long as they apologize or should we not let them come back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
This site's forum software won't let me post the number of facepalm images I need to to respond to this comment. So, please view every single result from this Google image search before posting again:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=facep...w=1366&bih=653
Old 10-21-2014, 10:22 AM   #35
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_baby_burn View Post
Scary stuff. People are poking fun at Scottish_flame for his overreaction. However, with ISIS recruiting Calgarians it doesn't seem far fetched that something could happen close to home. All it takes is a backpack loaded with explosives to go off in a crowed public place. Seems very easy to do, all they need is someone willing to do it.
I don't think anyone here is casually dismissing the threat of terrorism, rather the completely disproportionate "solution" being proposed by posters like scottish_flame and fulham. Deporting Muslim-Canadians -- regardless of whether they've ever done anything wrong -- is not the answer to a problem that (as noted by Hatter) is far less common than random convenience store stabbings.
MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:22 AM   #36
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

One of the Soldiers dies

Investigation ongoing

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...-say-1.2807078

There are some really disturbing things bubbling up in this story.

There was an ISIS video that encouraged the use of cars to kill people.

He was a pretty radical kid, the government had seized his passport as he intended to go over seas to fight with ISIS

The scene where the attack happened had military administrative offices it seems pretty clear that he wanted to kill soldiers.

While I agree that the Muslim communities have to take a more active role in creating a program of de-radicalization. I also believe that we are getting a lot of reports of radical mosques, maybe its time to take that next step and heavily investigate those centers and their leaders, but that would have to be with the backing of the Muslim community at large.

As I mentioned CSIS is tracking 80 Canadians who have gone over seas (training) and returned. It sounds like a classic intelligence gathering phase where they see who they're talking to and what they're doing. But at some point, those 80 people are going to have to be rounded up, and we're going to hear a serious outcry about that no matter how bad these dudes are, because frankly they're going to be held without trial.

For immigrants, and this is a global issue, its likely that a deportation strategy will fail because their country won't accept them back. I would expect that it won't take long for the international community to talk about shared responsibility for where to hold these people.

For Canadian citizens its why we amended the law to specifically have terrorist related crimes so that we can hold them in the interests of public safety.

I've read stories of gang members that have been saved. I'm not sure that you can de-radicalize these people tho because of the religious angle.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:22 AM   #37
scottish_flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_baby_burn View Post
Maybe it is an overreaction to this event. But I've lived in the UK I've seen the terrorist attacks in my home city. There has already been multiple threats of terrorism in Canada this year alone and add that to the Isis recruits attacks are going to slip through.

My way of doing things might sound extreme and a bit to the right. But being all lefty and nice with these people doesn't work fact
Old 10-21-2014, 10:23 AM   #38
scottish_flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
I don't think anyone here is casually dismissing the threat of terrorism, rather the completely disproportionate "solution" being proposed by posters like scottish_flame and fulham. Deporting Muslim-Canadians -- regardless of whether they've ever done anything wrong -- is not the answer to a problem that (as noted by Hatter) is far less common than random convenience store stabbings.
No one said all Muslims.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:24 AM   #39
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The 1940s called, they want their racist national security policies back.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #40
scottish_flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
The 1940s called, they want their racist national security policies back.
Yeah let's just ignore radical terrorists. Wisen up