Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2016, 12:40 PM   #561
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Obviously, it is subjective.

I found the game to sloppy.

I have no doubt that you and I could watch the same game and have different take aways.
I'm not saying this game was great.

I'm just saying perfectly played games can be boring.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:40 PM   #562
wretched34
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'm getting so sick and tired of these world class athletes, and world class coaches, acting as if they're playing some sort of game, that has any personal meaning to them. They need to understand they are strictly their for my entertainment. I don't want to see icing, or offsides, or any other sort of nonsensical stoppages in play. They are professionals,there is no reason for any of this silliness. I want 20 solid minutes, per period, of perfectly executed plays, with a dusting of highlight reel goals. And scratching star players? I'm not paying to watch scrubs play, I want to see the stars, it's not the coaches right to take that away from me. If anything like that ever happens again, you can be darn sure, they'll never receive another penny from me.
I don't pay to see the cut scenes of a movie in theatre, I pay for perfect entertainment, and everything I view as entertainment should be treated the same way.
/rant
wretched34 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wretched34 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2016, 12:41 PM   #563
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I'm not saying this game was great.

I'm just saying perfectly played games can be boring.
fury muff

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:25 PM   #564
Eric
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched34 View Post
I'm getting so sick and tired of these world class athletes, and world class coaches, acting as if they're playing some sort of game, that has any personal meaning to them. They need to understand they are strictly their for my entertainment. I don't want to see icing, or offsides, or any other sort of nonsensical stoppages in play. They are professionals,there is no reason for any of this silliness. I want 20 solid minutes, per period, of perfectly executed plays, with a dusting of highlight reel goals. And scratching star players? I'm not paying to watch scrubs play, I want to see the stars, it's not the coaches right to take that away from me. If anything like that ever happens again, you can be darn sure, they'll never receive another penny from me.
I don't pay to see the cut scenes of a movie in theatre, I pay for perfect entertainment, and everything I view as entertainment should be treated the same way.
/rant
I definitely understand your point of view. But I pay money to one day see the Calgary Flames win the Stanley Cup. If scratching the star players for one game helps in the long term I'm all for it.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eric For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2016, 03:27 PM   #565
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think you missed the sarcasm...
Old 02-11-2016, 03:37 PM   #566
Benched
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

sometimes the green text is there....even if the colour is not.
Benched is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Benched For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2016, 06:21 PM   #567
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched34 View Post
I want 20 solid minutes, per period, of perfectly executed plays, with a dusting of highlight reel goals.…

I pay for perfect entertainment, and everything I view as entertainment should be treated the same way.
/rant
This is why, on a trial basis, the NHL will be introducing wire-fu on ice for the 2016-17 season. They will also be hiring WWE writers to script the games, complete with tha-rilling ‘genuine’ shootout results and pre- and post-game trash talk.

The Leafs and Oilers will be playing in the Stanley Cup finals… but only for the Canadian edition of the broadcast. In the U.S., it will be the Kings and Rangers.

Book it.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:21 PM   #568
wretched34
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
This is why, on a trial basis, the NHL will be introducing wire-fu on ice for the 2016-17 season. They will also be hiring WWE writers to script the games, complete with tha-rilling ‘genuine’ shootout results and pre- and post-game trash talk.

The Leafs and Oilers will be playing in the Stanley Cup finals… but only for the Canadian edition of the broadcast. In the U.S., it will be the Kings and Rangers.

Book it.
Will the "hockey wives" become Divas, and interfere during the game by showing the refs some skin, while players spear eachother in the groins, because that the only way this will work....
wretched34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:23 PM   #569
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

http://calgaryherald.com/sports/hock...vision-clashes

Quote:
Well, Guy Gaudreau is still always ready to teach his oldest son a few life lessons.

“I was very disappointed in him when he got scratched,” said the father of the Calgary Flames star as he took in the team’s morning skate at San Jose’s SAP Center. “We had a nice talk. He’ll learn from it. I firmly believe Calgary is trying to build character and pride and an attitude of ‘playing for your team.’

“And I think, yeah, (the Flames) were justified.”
Quote:
But there’s also no one more willing to offer constructive criticism than a father.

“In the moment, he tries to find reasons (why he should have played) … but you’re my son and those are the rules,” Guy said. “You have to play by the rules — I don’t care if someone else breaks them or not.

“Those are the rules.”
Quote:
“Sean Monahan, John, and Lance are guys the Calgary Flames are looking to develop around … he’s setting an example,” Gaudreau said. “(The Flames) want their new players to come in and see that, ‘Hey, they’re doing it this way, so I have to do it this way too.’I fully support (the Flames) doing that and I understand where they’re coming from.

“I’ve been around hockey all my life, I’ve coached. And if you don’t have your best players leading the way you want them to lead … the rest of your team isn’t going to follow.”

His fatherly advice?

“I tried to explain to him, ‘You are the top scorer for the Flames,’” Gaudreau said. “Your actions have to be the right way’ … my wife (Jane) gives me a hard time because I’m too negative sometimes. Of course I’m very proud of him and Matt, playing at Boston College. But they have a lot to learn.

“They’re still kids.”

And, for the record, Johnny is never tardy.

“He is always on time,” Guy said. “Especially when it comes to hockey.

“He’s only been grounded for procrastinating with his homework. We’ve been hard on him as far as rules and regulations go. But when it came to hockey, he’s always followed the rules.

“So (Tuesday) was probably the hardest thing he’s ever had to do.”
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post: