Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-11-2017, 02:43 PM   #41
FlamesFan68
Lifetime Suspension
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
I hope you have a 3rd account to fall back on in the very near future.
A 3rd account huh? LOL For the cretins that want to know what the definition of account is.

1. A narrative or record of events.
2.
a. A reason given for a particular action or event: What is the account for this loss?
b. A report relating to one's conduct: gave a satisfactory account of herself.
c. A basis or ground: no reason to worry on that account.
3.
a. A formal banking, brokerage, or business relationship established to provide for regular services, dealings, and other financial transactions.
b. A precise list or enumeration of financial transactions.
c. A sum of money deposited for checking, savings, or brokerage use.
d. A customer having a business or credit relationship with a firm: salespeople visiting their accounts.
4. A private access to a computer system or online service, usually requiring a password to enter.
5. Worth, standing, or importance: a landowner of some account.
6. Profit or advantage: turned her writing skills to good account.

Last edited by FlamesFan68; 01-11-2017 at 02:48 PM.
FlamesFan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:47 PM   #42
Barnes
Franchise Player
 
Barnes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Violating Copyrights
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFan68 View Post
Wow, the fans in Calgary are priceless. No personality, no opinion until Burke dictates it's ok to speak. No wonder the players feel little obligation to put in a good effort every night. We just have a bunch of English teachers with PC BS. What a very boring forum. I hope the Flames have better players than they do passionate fans. Hope I misspelled something.
Yawn. Your schtick is boring.

Saying the Flames need to play well and follow the coach and leaders to make the playoffs isn't an opinion.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:53 PM   #43
Textcritic
Referee
 
Textcritic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: back in Chilliwack
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFan68 View Post
Wow, the fans in Calgary are priceless. No personality, no opinion until Burke dictates it's ok to speak. No wonder the players feel little obligation to put in a good effort every night. We just have a bunch of English teachers with PC BS. What a very boring forum. I hope the Flames have better players than they do passionate fans. Hope I misspelled something.
What the hell does Brian Burke have to do with this? Do you really think that Flames players feel any less "obligated" than other NHL players to put forth their best effort?

What a weird post in a very weird thread. If you find the forum boring then perhaps you should find a better one. No one is forcing you to post here.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
Biblical Texts Older than the Bible
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:00 PM   #44
etdpratt
Backup Goalie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Exp:
Flames

wow, chill man. You have probably been skewered more than necessary but your opening opinion piece was loaded with cliché after cliché. Probably should have been something you put in an existing thread.

You should be proud your thread has reached 3 pages at this point.

Last edited by etdpratt; 01-11-2017 at 03:05 PM.
etdpratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:08 PM   #45
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
I hope you have a 3rd account to fall back on in the very near future.
If he does and he gives the username can you guys quote him, that way I can put it on ignore in advance.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2017, 03:47 PM   #46
topfiverecords
First Line Centre
 
topfiverecords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ferlandia
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Need to give 110%, keep our feet moving, get pucks deep, crash the net, and outwork the other guys!
Ken Reid?
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:50 PM   #47
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player
 
Bring_Back_Shantz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: In my office, at the Ministry of Awesome!
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFan68 View Post
A 3rd account huh? LOL For the cretins that want to know what the definition of account is.

1. A narrative or record of events.
2.
a. A reason given for a particular action or event: What is the account for this loss?
b. A report relating to one's conduct: gave a satisfactory account of herself.
c. A basis or ground: no reason to worry on that account.
3.
a. A formal banking, brokerage, or business relationship established to provide for regular services, dealings, and other financial transactions.
b. A precise list or enumeration of financial transactions.
c. A sum of money deposited for checking, savings, or brokerage use.
d. A customer having a business or credit relationship with a firm: salespeople visiting their accounts.
4. A private access to a computer system or online service, usually requiring a password to enter.
5. Worth, standing, or importance: a landowner of some account.
6. Profit or advantage: turned her writing skills to good account.
Wait, so you are trying to make fun of his usage of "account" by showing that he is using it correctly?

Sick burn brah!
Bring_Back_Shantz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bring_Back_Shantz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2017, 07:24 PM   #48
timbit
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFan68 View Post
Uhhhhhhhhh, is it not mid season, and doesn't the title say it all?

Opinions & comments?
My opinion is that you were galaxies off on your evaluation of Hamilton. You lost all objectivity and common sense when discussing his play and value.

You lost all semblance of respect from most of the forum posters, as a result, IMO.
timbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:41 PM   #49
FlamesFan68
Lifetime Suspension
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
What the hell does Brian Burke have to do with this? Do you really think that Flames players feel any less "obligated" than other NHL players to put forth their best effort?

What a weird post in a very weird thread. If you find the forum boring then perhaps you should find a better one. No one is forcing you to post here.
Yes, some players on other teams feel more obligated. It's what separates teams in the standings. Calgary has a lot of talent on paper, it's putting paper to the ice that matters. Meaning effort, and more effort. Players will willing admit "playoff hockey" is much different than regular season hockey. That's how out of touch you are with that statement.
FlamesFan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:49 PM   #50
FlamesFan68
Lifetime Suspension
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbit View Post
My opinion is that you were galaxies off on your evaluation of Hamilton. You lost all objectivity and common sense when discussing his play and value.

You lost all semblance of respect from most of the forum posters, as a result, IMO.
I wished I could only be perfect like you. I'm not taking my Hamilton comments back yet, the later half of this season and next season has yet to come. Hamilton shows a willingness to play only when he wishes to. Tonight gets winning goal. On last play of the game while partnered with Gio and on the PP defending a goal lead, they allow a breakaway!!!!! Again, Hamilton inconsistencies.

I also submitted a Backlund, Frolik, and Gaudreau line when Monahan was struggling. That was considered outrageous too. A defensive line like that couldn't be counted on for offensive output again'st the league's top lines. This is what I was told by the hordes. Wake up call!!!!!!! Backlund is TIED with Gaudreau in scoring! Frolik is 4th in team scoring!! How stupid were my critics then? They have lost credibility. I do like the present line of Tkachuck, Backlund, and Frolik now.

Last edited by FlamesFan68; 01-11-2017 at 10:12 PM.
FlamesFan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:38 PM   #51
squiggs96
Franchise Player
 
squiggs96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Section 206
Exp:
Default

He lasted longer than I thought. His initial trolling was allowed, so he had to really step it up .
__________________
My thanks equals mod team endorsement of your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak
nvm stupid comment
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:15 PM   #52
hummdeedoo
Scoring Winger
 
hummdeedoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Exp:
Default

Who's on first?....
__________________
Yah, he's a dick, but he's our dick
hummdeedoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:52 AM   #53
TheScorpion
I believe in the Jays.
 
TheScorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: South Calgary
Exp:
Default

If Sarah Palin were a CP member...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWinger89 View Post
Trolls can't be banned.....

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:09 AM   #54
4X4
One of the Nine
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
He lasted longer than I thought. His initial trolling was allowed, so he had to really step it up .
lol. How pathetic. He makes a contingency account 9 years in advance and then gets banned in less than 4 months. Bravo, "flames fan" 68. Buh bye.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:38 AM   #55
Yrebmi
First Line Centre
 
Yrebmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rocky Mt House
Exp:
Default

What an entertaining thread.
It's fun when a troll gets trolled.
Well done CP
Yrebmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:48 AM.

Calgary Flames
2016-17




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016