Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #841
Superfraggle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
What's a SPC?
Standard Players Contract, also known as an "AHL contract"

http://theahl.com/faq-p137653
Superfraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Superfraggle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #842
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Byron scores shorthanded. Heat up 1-0.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vulcan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #843
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is now 2-1 with about 1:00 left in the first period.

The 2nd Heat goal was by Kolanos assisted by Estoclet and Nemisz.

Last edited by Pierre "Monster" McGuire; 05-09-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #844
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

2-2 now going into the third period.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #845
Savvy27
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Are they playing well?
Savvy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #846
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, they're playing well. Both teams are very even.

I hate Ben Scrivens. He should screw off.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #847
StAlbertFlame
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Wow - lots of empty seats in Abbotsford for a playoff game
StAlbertFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #848
thymebalm
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Headed to OT. Come on HEAT!! You can DO IT!!
Old 05-09-2012, 10:53 PM   #849
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

...and that's that. Heat season over.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:53 PM   #850
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAlbertFlame View Post
Wow - lots of empty seats in Abbotsford for a playoff game
Attendance 1,350.
Sidney Crosby's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #851
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, that sucks.

Was really hoping for a deep run. Can't believe they crumbled like that, and lost 4 straight games immediately after an 11 game win streak.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #852
junior
Draft Pick

Did the heat have 6 injured forwards in overtime? Somebody should tell Ward you can't win with 2 lines in OT. Kolanos looked like he would rather of been some where else tonight, but Ward kept playing him. And some on here think Ward is ready to be an NHL coach. Oh my!!
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #853
Jaybird
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
Did the heat have 6 injured forwards in overtime? Somebody should tell Ward you can't win with 2 lines in OT. Kolanos looked like he would rather of been some where else tonight, but Ward kept playing him. And some on here think Ward is ready to be an NHL coach. Oh my!!
I feel bad for the players, tough loss. So....I am not going to go on about Ward except to say.....not ready for the NHL. Sorry if I offended some people here about Ward but eveyone has a right to their opinion. Praise does go to the players. Can't fault them.
Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #854
MyFlamesFirst
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Its funny that more people post about the portland winterhawks losing then the Heat.. Too bad, Cant be mad though we probably over achieved considering our roster and the constant changes we made during the regular season with brings guys up and back down.
MyFlamesFirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #855
Freeway
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gotta believe that quite a few Abbotsford players will be jumping to Calgary before too long. Maybe the coaches, too.

"Does a great job covering the Flames" - Elliotte Friedman
Freeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:41 AM   #856
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Well, that sucks.

Was really hoping for a deep run. Can't believe they crumbled like that, and lost 4 straight games immediately after an 11 game win streak.
To be fair, Abbotsford hadn't lost four in a row all season long. But when it mattered most, they ended up losing that fourth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
I feel bad for the players, tough loss. So....I am not going to go on about Ward except to say.....not ready for the NHL. Sorry if I offended some people here about Ward but eveyone has a right to their opinion. Praise does go to the players. Can't fault them.
Can't fault MOST of the players. In the last four games, it was really telling whose heart was in it and whose wasn't. Kolanos' wasn't. Connelly may have had his heart in it, but he was pretty bad the last few games. Desbiens showed up in game 4 on Tuesday, but forgot it was a 7 game series.

Just frustrating to watch the Byrons, Sylvesters, Nemiszs, Wilsons, Jessimans and others busting their asses and giving it all they've got, but some of their teammates played with little passion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFlamesFirst View Post
Its funny that more people post about the portland winterhawks losing then the Heat.. Too bad, Cant be mad though we probably over achieved considering our roster and the constant changes we made during the regular season with brings guys up and back down.
Good point.

This team was disrupted about half way through the season and while they showed signs of brilliance, they just couldn't regain the chemistry they had at the beginning of the season when they were battling OKC for #1 spot in the league.

So, yes, overachieved is a good word to use to sum up the second half of the Heat's season.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #857
flames_fan13
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just got home from the game. Thought the Heat started well but the game slowed down as the game went. The team seemed to have trouble coordinating attacks up the ice. I didn't really keep an eye out any specific player, but I though Byron was the team's best player consistently through the night. Kolanos looked bad and uninterested during the game, which was disappointing considering he's a veteran on the team and the team's leading scorer. I was a little disappointed in Nemisz and Horak offensively. Nemisz did do a good job against Kadri's line though, was matched up against his line the whole game. Horak seemed to be on the 4th line for the most of the night. Taylor was good but thought he could have controlled his rebounds a little better. He did make a huge save in overtime which I thought would lead to a moment that the team would rally on and score but didn't end up that way.

I was hoping to see Reinhart back in the line up but that looks like it will have to wait till next season .
Old 05-10-2012, 01:07 AM   #858
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_fan13 View Post
Just got home from the game. Thought the Heat started well but the game slowed down as the game went. The team seemed to have trouble coordinating attacks up the ice. I didn't really keep an eye out any specific player, but I though Byron was the team's best player consistently through the night. Kolanos looked bad and uninterested during the game, which was disappointing considering he's a veteran on the team and the team's leading scorer. I was a little disappointed in Nemisz and Horak offensively. Nemisz did do a good job against Kadri's line though, was matched up against his line the whole game. Horak seemed to be on the 4th line for the most of the night. Taylor was good but thought he could have controlled his rebounds a little better. He did make a huge save in overtime which I thought would lead to a moment that the team would rally on and score but didn't end up that way.

I was hoping to see Reinhart back in the line up but that looks like it will have to wait till next season .
Thanks for this.

Here's what got me pretty upset the last two games. Nemisz was a big part of the offense in both series and played quite well in every game. He created chances for his teammates and for himself. Ward felt Nemisz and Bancks would be a good pairing to shut down the Kadri/Frattin/D'Amigo line and I don't blame him. They are two of the best defensive forwards on the team. I think this was a good coaching adjustment by Ward.

With that said, what really pissed me off was that that was a glaring sign that since Nemisz and Bancks' roles were to shut down that line, our more offensive players needed to get it done tonight. That means Kolanos, Walter, Byron, Sylvester, and Rheault mainly. From what I heard Byron did his part and so did Sylvester and Rheault. Kolanos scored a goal, but hurt the team in the process from his lackadaisical play.

It just really really sucks that their season is over. Kudos to the Marlies for being the better team, but it still sucks.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:32 AM   #859
Jaybird
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
Thanks for this.

Here's what got me pretty upset the last two games. Nemisz was a big part of the offense in both series and played quite well in every game. He created chances for his teammates and for himself. Ward felt Nemisz and Bancks would be a good pairing to shut down the Kadri/Frattin/D'Amigo line and I don't blame him. They are two of the best defensive forwards on the team. I think this was a good coaching adjustment by Ward.

With that said, what really pissed me off was that that was a glaring sign that since Nemisz and Bancks' roles were to shut down that line, our more offensive players needed to get it done tonight. That means Kolanos, Walter, Byron, Sylvester, and Rheault mainly. From what I heard Byron did his part and so did Sylvester and Rheault. Kolanos scored a goal, but hurt the team in the process from his lackadaisical play.

It just really really sucks that their season is over. Kudos to the Marlies for being the better team, but it still sucks.

It does suck that their season is over but the Marlies are a well coached team and just that "bit better" than the Heat. Kolanos is Kolanos and he really was playing the way he has throughout the year. There were times when he was great and times when he was not so great. Toronto played pretty dirty the first few games and I think that caught the Heat off gaurd.....just couldn't regroup. I don't think it is any fault of the players. They just came up short.
Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaybird For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2012, 01:59 AM   #860
flames_fan13
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
Thanks for this.

I agree Kolanos needed to step up in the third, in a close game like it was the team needs timely scoring from someone and as a veteran Kolanos should be able to use some leadership to step up his game. I think Laing may be a big part of the team's leadership and his injury hurt the heat.

Tags
heat