Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #301
flambers
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallione11 View Post
Actually, it's gotten the best ratings of the new Dramas so far, edging out Person of Interest by a hair. Been 14th, 15th and 18th for the first three weeks.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...atings/106739/

Me and the GF are watching it, but, there's something about Poppy Montgomery that makes the show hard to watch.
I looked at the ratings and after the 2nd week, I believe it was near the bottom. Can not open that link at work.
flambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:54 AM   #302
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

American Horror Story was creepy to the max. I want to keep watching, but I don't.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:29 AM   #303
fatso
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallione11 View Post
Actually, it's gotten the best ratings of the new Dramas so far, edging out Person of Interest by a hair. Been 14th, 15th and 18th for the first three weeks.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...atings/106739/

Me and the GF are watching it, but, there's something about Poppy Montgomery that makes the show hard to watch.
When watching Ms. Montgomery, the show ain't the only thing that is hard.

NSFW!

The great CP is in dire need of prunes!
"That's because the productive part of society is adverse to giving up all their wealth so you libs can conduct your social experiments. Experience tells us your a bunch of snake oil salesman...Sucks to be you.
" ~Calgaryborn 12/06/09 keeping it really stupid!
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:43 AM   #304
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

The 3rd episode of Pan Am sucked. Lacking Mad Men and since the Playboy Club sucked so bad I was hoping to get my throwback fix from Pan Am but for some god awful reason they're letting the spy sub-plot dominate the show.

They need to focus on other stuff and let the spy sub-plot be a quicky 5 minutes per episode so that there is some excitement here and there.

There are a lot of opportunitities for Forest Gump style tie-ins. That is to say the stewardessess or the pilots can have unintentional effects on historical events based on the passengers on their flights.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #305
flambers
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2011/10/14/18827236.html

3rd Show canceled is "Charlie’s Angels"
flambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #306
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

No surprise there

Expect a bunch more when the rest of the returning shows return.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #307
Eastern Girl
Crushed

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flambers View Post
http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2011/10/14/18827236.html

3rd Show canceled is "Charlie’s Angels"
Not even remotely surprised. I watched a couple minutes of the pilot, until they introduced Bosley, and then I turned the channel. Caught a minute of the last episode and it was just bad. Not every old popular show needs to be remade!
Old 10-15-2011, 12:37 AM   #308
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I thought Fringe tonight (really last night) was excellent. It had a different vibe to it, the shots were tighter, the story was more focused and personal. Good stuff.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:55 AM   #309
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I watched literally one scene in Charlie's Angels and turned it off. Minka Kelly is smoking hot, but that is worse than Playboy Club, and I only watched that show for Amber Heard.

Why do all the really hot chicks choose such awful shows to go on? Never mind, they can't act so they never get on the good shows.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #310
Eastern Girl
Crushed

Exp:

I just watched the latest episode of Revenge. I do like the show, but at the same time, there's something off about it. I feel like they don't build up the revenge enough. They show a little clip about the awful thing the person did, but that's it. I am sure the character gets some sense of payback, but ultimately as a viewer, it's over too quick. Like with this last one, they intro the doctor and then by the end of it, it's done. They need to start drawing it out more.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:16 AM   #311
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Girl View Post
I just watched the latest episode of Revenge. I do like the show, but at the same time, there's something off about it. I feel like they don't build up the revenge enough. They show a little clip about the awful thing the person did, but that's it. I am sure the character gets some sense of payback, but ultimately as a viewer, it's over too quick. Like with this last one, they intro the doctor and then by the end of it, it's done. They need to start drawing it out more.
That is exactly what is going to start happening, beginning in episode 5.

An interview with Emily VanCamp (Emily Thorne), with some mild teasing spoilers.

http://www.tvrage.com/Revenge/news?read_news=7967
Draug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Draug For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #312
fatso
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've heard good things about 'Revenge' so i will check it out. Was going to watch 'Terra Nova', but this thread has changed my mind.

I was excited for 'Charlies's Angels' and was expecting a lot of tongue-in-cheek humour and shlock. It is horrible, and took itself way too seriously and not nearly enough T&A. Why the producers would have Minka Kelly wearing baggy dresses is beyond me. It deserved to get cancelled.

I also had high hopes for 'Person of Interest', but it was way too dull. I couldn't even get through the 2nd episode.

I was enjoying the 'Playboy Club' so a bit disappointed it got cancelled, but even after the three episodes the conceit was wearing thin. 'Pan Am' isn't bad, if a little all over the map (pun intended). Might stick with it.

Highlights of the year for me so far include 'The League', 'Parks and Recreation', and 'Happy Endings' (which is quickly moving up my list of best comedies).

'Chuck' premieres at month's end, but I think I will wait 'til the season is done before I tune in.

The great CP is in dire need of prunes!
"That's because the productive part of society is adverse to giving up all their wealth so you libs can conduct your social experiments. Experience tells us your a bunch of snake oil salesman...Sucks to be you.
" ~Calgaryborn 12/06/09 keeping it really stupid!
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:12 PM   #313
ClubFlames
Posted the 2 millionth post!

Exp:

The Walking Dead starts tonight for those interested.

ClubFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:54 PM   #314
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Homeland still good as ever. And not just because of the continuous sweater meat.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:37 PM   #315
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatso View Post
I also had high hopes for 'Person of Interest', but it was way too dull. I couldn't even get through the 2nd episode.
I think it's a decent show, episode 4 was especially good. I like the dark humour.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:52 AM   #316
bradster57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
American Horror Story was creepy to the max. I want to keep watching, but I don't.
I finally gave this one a try last night and it was really creepy! Even the opening theme song had me on edge!
bradster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #317
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am so happy I am easily entertained and I can watch ####ty shows like Terra Nova and enjoy them.

What were you guys expecting? What dinosaur show/movie has set the bar so high with quality acting and super in-depth story?
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boblobla For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2011, 04:39 PM   #318
OilKiller
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Just finishing watching the first two episodes of American Horror Story.

Have a new favourite show.
OilKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #319
Lithium
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
I am so happy I am easily entertained and I can watch ####ty shows like Terra Nova and enjoy them.

What were you guys expecting? What dinosaur show/movie has set the bar so high with quality acting and super in-depth story?
Primeval, find it on netflix.
Lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:55 AM   #320
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

3rd episode of Homeland was a letdown for me. It was great in some parts, and really, really, I mean really great in others. A few scenes really bugged me, but still excellent show I'll keep watching.