Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2024, 02:59 AM   #141
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

I picked Kirby thinking she might be a good social player but with all due respect I wasn't thinking challenge beast. Surely the others realize that Kirby has it in the bag if she gets to the final?? Feras I know you are cocky guy but really?
Old 03-15-2024, 05:26 PM   #142
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah Kirby will win against anyone running away. They'd have to be insane to keep her to the end. She's even won me over the last few weeks. Feras has been great, but Kirby has been better all-around, and has a few votes on the jury locked up. I think she would sweep nearly every vote. I do hope we see a few players return again for another season. A Feras vs. George season would be fun, but I don't envision George would ever play again (he'd be the first player targeted).
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 07:47 AM   #143
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was in a tournament all weekend, so I’ll give an update after work today. In the meantime, here’s episode 22.

Episode 22 - streaming
Episode 22 - download
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to csnarpy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2024, 09:57 AM   #144
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Totally forgot they do a final two and not a final 3 at the last tribal.
jg13 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jg13 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2024, 10:55 AM   #145
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn, such a great series!

NSFW!
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2024, 10:37 PM   #146
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Last Weeks Quick Recap:

Ep 19: Alex kills the reward challenge and decided to share this reward with the absolute wrong players (which he later admits his mistake). But Mark does his best to lock up the boys alliance.

Unfortunately, at Tribal Alex begins to think to much and has doubts about his alliance. So he plans openly go after Kirby and after a cringe worthy exposure (and really some good points about Kirby's game), the rest of the decided they had enough and Alex was done

With that, Cheese takes his final hit and is eliminated.

Ep. 20: Being "outed" by Alex, Kirby decides it was time to step up her game and goes out and win the Immunity challenge. Unfortuanely for her, because of Alex's little speech, she and Rianna have been put in a bind. Kirby does her best to convince Feras to keeping Ri but he wasn't having any of that. Rianna is voted out.

Barnes finally takes a first hit AND succeeds to land Caroline as a his backup!

There are no more 2nd chance players (about time).

Ep 21: In a very precarious situation, Kirby focuses on the upcoming immunity challenge and prevails by beating out Mark. Back at camp, Mark is siding with anyone at this point and it appears that Kitty may be the target. Meanwhile, Caroline has her own plan and wants to her own mark in the game. With her newyly found idol, she proposes to everyone that Mark should be the target then plans to play the idol for Mark and try to knock of Feras. But Feras and Kirby think something is off and want to go with the original plan. Carolines plan is a complete failure and Kitty is voted out.

Dino7c get a first hit.

EldrickOnIce - Frankie / Kelli / Mark*
trackercowe - Charles / Feras
csnarpy - Jessica / Aileen / Valeria*
Cheese - Jaden / Alex
Dino7c - Kitty / Kirby
Barnes - Rihanna / Raymond / Caroline*
Sultan - Peta / Tobias / Winna*
ChuckieNZ - Viola / Eden / Garrick
jg13 - Nathan / Sarah / Scott*

* 2nd chance survivors
The Following User Says Thank You to csnarpy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2024, 10:40 PM   #147
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Episode 23 - streaming
Episode 23 - download

Finale is tomorrow!
Old 03-19-2024, 10:48 AM   #148
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finale spoiler

Spoiler!
jg13 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jg13 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2024, 11:27 AM   #149
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post
Finale spoiler

Spoiler!

just couldn't let me do the last one eh...
Old 03-19-2024, 11:51 AM   #150
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Recaps!

Ep 22: Mark & Caroline realize that with Kitty out, they need to scramble. So Idol hunting is the plan. Feras and Raymond come up with a plan to have Raymond find an "idol" in view of Mark and Caroline, thus having them give up. Works like a charm and Kirby is also non the wiser. So it all comes down to the immunity challenge. The classic "Simmotion" challenge is presented with a new ladder twist. At the end it came down to Mark and Feras, but Feras places to balls just seconds apart and drops. Mark wins immunity. With everyone believing that Raymond has an idol, the only options for votes comes down to Caroline & Kirby. Feras, has a wave of back and forth emotions - vote for Kirby or play the idol for her. In the end, he goes for the vote and Kirby is sent to the jury

With Kirby's vote Dino7c's time is done

Ep 23: Feras, for the first time in over a month, is vulnerable and needs to rely on others. He quickly makes separate deals with Mark and Caroline for the final 2 and to vote out Raymond. He also ensures Raymond that he will do everything to have them as the final 2. While Mark and Caroline were talking, they share the conversations of the 2 seperate deals and Mark is realizes that Feras may need to be the actual target. It all comes down to Tribal counsel, where Mark exposes Feras' deals to the jury and stipulates that it he needs to decide to honour of the deal or go with friendship. Feras picks friendship and he and Ray vote for Caroline while the others vote for Raymond. A tie breaker in the final four is firemaking. Caroline, with ease, lights her fire quickly and burns through the cord while Ray couldn't even get his lit. Raymond is done.

With that, Barnes takes a second hit and is left with the backup player.

Cheese - Jaden / Alex
Dino7c - Kitty / Kirby

* 2nd chance survivors

Amazingly only one player made it to the final 3 with their original pick!

Last edited by csnarpy; 03-19-2024 at 11:58 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to csnarpy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2024, 11:57 AM   #151
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Here we go!

SEASON FINALE

Episode 24 - streaming
Episode 24 - download
Old 03-20-2024, 12:19 AM   #152
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Feras definitely deserved the win, and I'm thrilled to have picked him. My wife made the first selection (choosing Charles), and wanted to take Gerrick with my second pick. Thankfully I overruled her, and chose Feras instead as I expected him to go far based off his profile.

He only needed to win the one immunity, and made it count when he had to. Feras played an exceptional game, and the strategy of keeping Kirby around as his shield really paid off. That and exploiting that idol the entire way. It was shocking how they always discussed going after Feras, but never wanted to directly cut the head off the snake. They always went after his side kicks (Gerrick, Aileen, and Raymond), but never went directly at Feras. Other than Carol wasting her idol and voting him. I think that was the only vote against him the entire game lol

Mark and Caroline should have voted Feras at final four in order to force him into fire against Caroline. Caroline may have beat him, as she did quite well in building fire. I know they had planned for Feras to vote Raymond, but that was never going to happen. To me that was bad gameplay, as that was their best chance to take Feras out of the game. Once he made it to final tribal it was a forgone conclusion.

I love Australian Survivor that the best player usually wins, and it's someone who makes moves and deserves to go far in the game. Even someone like Mark, who wasn't a top player is heads above anyone playing the American version. It's really hard to not compare the two, as yet again AS had so many great players, meanwhile I can't even name three contestants on the US version (Soda is one!).

They could bring back half the cast from Titans vs Rebels for a returnee season and I wouldn't mind. I doubt we see Feras again, but would love Kirby, Val, Aileen, and even Raymond to return for another season. I really enjoyed Raymond after merge. I didn't think he would last long, but he really won me over in the end. What a character, his feigning sickness is something more memorable than the last 20 seasons of American Survivor. He turned out to be quite the gamer in the end.

I was taking a look at the player profiles again, and look at what Valeria has accomplished!
Quote:
Moving on her own at 17 from her family and home in Russia to Australia, Valeria knew no one and barely spoke English. After settling in Sydney, she started off doing a Political Science degree, majoring in Government and International Relations but she realised she could turn her love of dance into her profession instead.
Meanwhile over in the States they're bringing in a bunch of dunderheads, drifters, and Swifters...

Last edited by trackercowe; 03-20-2024 at 12:22 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2024, 06:45 AM   #153
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Loved it as well trackercowe! What a finale and a very deserving winner. I agree wholeheartedly with you on AS being the far better version, I hope they start going to twice a year, waiting until next February is a drag!
Some rumblings on an all star version bringing Feras back...would love to see him and George duke it out.
Old 03-20-2024, 07:13 AM   #154
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
Loved it as well trackercowe! What a finale and a very deserving winner. I agree wholeheartedly with you on AS being the far better version, I hope they start going to twice a year, waiting until next February is a drag!
Some rumblings on an all star version bringing Feras back...would love to see him and George duke it out.
I want Mark Wales from Blood Vs Water as well!

Last edited by csnarpy; 03-20-2024 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-20-2024, 12:07 PM   #155
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quick Recap: Final challenge was a pain staking incredibly amazing challenge. Mark was the first to fall (after 2 hours) and then eventually Caroline had to stop as well. So Feras wins his first immunity challenge.

At tribal council, it was all up to Feras and he chose to eliminate Mark. EldrickOnIce takes a final hit

Final Tribal: after answering some questions with pretty politician like answers, the jury encouraged the 2 finalists to really explain their game. Feras finally steps up and really distance himself from Caroline.

Jury votes unanimously for Feras

And with that trackercowe wins $500,000 virtual CP Dollars!

Cheese - Jaden / Alex
Dino7c - Kitty / Kirby

Old 03-21-2024, 06:48 AM   #156
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

godamn, its over!
Old 03-21-2024, 02:59 PM   #157
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Seriously, this thing is insane. The production team really out did themselves this year.

Old 03-24-2024, 12:59 AM   #158
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnarpy View Post
Seriously, this thing is insane. The production team really out did themselves this year.
I always wonder if they plan challenges in advance. That challenge definitely seems to favour a taller/younger person. Mark would have won anything with pure athleticism. Most people assumed Mark had the "winner's edit", yet obviously everyone was hoping for a Feras win.

Also I would love to know if there was a hidden idol at final five. Did Feras and Raymond staging the idol find really keep the Titans out of finding the actual HI?

Damn I can't believe we have to wait another 10 months for the next season!

Last edited by trackercowe; 03-24-2024 at 01:01 AM.
Old 03-27-2024, 02:11 PM   #159
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

If your jonesing for more non US Survivor, the two Survivor New Zealand seasons were really good but very twist heavy.

There's also 9 Survivor SA seasons but man, I have a hard time taking people with SA accents seriously. It's definitely better than post COVID US survivor though for the most part.

And while looking up the season counts on IMDB, I notice that there was a late 2023 Survivor UK season 3. Season 2 was 2002!

Last edited by Barnes; 03-27-2024 at 02:17 PM.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnes For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2024, 11:15 AM   #160
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Finally bit the bullet and binge watched this season, once i started i couldnt stop. Not sure how i can every watch the US version after this, its not even close to the entertainment value. Its crazy how the two shows can be that different. Whens the next AUS Survivor?!!?!
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iggy_12 For This Useful Post: