Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2017, 10:44 PM   #121
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve9981 View Post
LOL hard at people bitching about what other people wear in public. Seriously? LMAO but this goes to a convo I had with my wife the other night. I literally have two types of clothes, suits/dress clothes and joggers and t shirts. When you wear a suit for 50+ hours a week, you damn well guarantee I am switching out of those clothes the second I get. I might look like a bum at Wal-Mart but do I really care? No. Want to judge me based on a one time appearance? Go for it, you have ZERO idea who I really am.
I dunno, I think I know you pretty well. You have a decent job but probably work too much, a wife, you like Walmart, and for some reason you call sweat pants "joggers".
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2017, 10:53 PM   #122
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Flame View Post
That's weird. Why would someone put pants and socks on an ostrich?
Old 06-20-2017, 03:22 PM   #123
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apologies for the bump, but since this thread turned into a general workplace fashion thread by the end, I figured this would be an appropriate thread to help settle a friendly argument I had at lunch..

What are CP's thoughts on employees wearing those trendy short sleeve button-up slim fit shirts to the office during the summer months? (in a downtown, corporate setting) I've just noticed them a LOT lately. Essentially it's a short sleeve dress shirt.

I like those too and own a few new ones, but to me that's something you wear on evenings/weekends, not in a daytime, corporate setting. For some reason they remind me of Homer Simpson (yes I know his isn't button up, but it's just what it makes me think of), it just seems tacky and unprofessional-looking to me. It's like you wore a dress shirt but then ripped 2/3rds of the sleeves off. Am I on point or out to lunch?

(Post brought to you by way too much caffeine in my system at the moment combined with a very slow afternoon..)
Sainters7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:26 PM   #124
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Apologies for the bump, but since this thread turned into a general workplace fashion thread by the end, I figured this would be an appropriate thread to help settle a friendly argument I had at lunch..

What are CP's thoughts on employees wearing those trendy short sleeve button-up slim fit shirts to the office during the summer months? (in a downtown, corporate setting) I've just noticed them a LOT lately. Essentially it's a short sleeve dress shirt.

I like those too and own a few new ones, but to me that's something you wear on evenings/weekends, not in a daytime, corporate setting. For some reason they remind me of Homer Simpson (yes I know his isn't button up, but it's just what it makes me think of), it just seems tacky and unprofessional-looking to me. It's like you wore a dress shirt but then ripped 2/3rds of the sleeves off. Am I on point or out to lunch?

(Post brought to you by way too much caffeine in my system at the moment combined with a very slow afternoon..)
Depends on the Job/Company/Industry?

I wear golf shirts all summer pretty much exclusively. Dress shirts in the fall/winter.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2017, 03:59 PM   #125
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

If it's essentially a dress shirt with short sleeves then I don't see an issue with it. I'm a polo/golf shirt guy in the summer and long sleeve button up (one step down from dress shirt) in the winter but we're a pretty informal office. I can't say I've seen the shirt being described, I don't get out of the office much and rarely downtown at all anymore. t
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2017, 04:00 PM   #126
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

The polo shirt tucked into khakis is a travesty.

I am all about the fun short-sleeved shirt worn tucked into some slim chinos during these summer months. Some loafers or camp moccasins, and all of the 50 year old ladies cannot stop cooing at me. THEY COO.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post: