Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-26-2017, 01:57 PM   #1
J-Rhombus
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Default Curious about finding "Home Ice" as a rec team

Hey Guys,

I've got a team who's been playing together for quite a few years now and we can't seem to find a league that we really like, be it location, times, etc. We're looking at hopefully finding some "home ice" that we can bring to a league or find home v home games against other local teams.

Is anyone aware of rinks taking blockings for 2017-18 season ice times that we could buy and bring to a league?

Thanks!

J-Rhombus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:31 PM   #2
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Rhombus View Post
Hey Guys,

I've got a team who's been playing together for quite a few years now and we can't seem to find a league that we really like, be it location, times, etc. We're looking at hopefully finding some "home ice" that we can bring to a league or find home v home games against other local teams.

Is anyone aware of rinks taking blockings for 2017-18 season ice times that we could buy and bring to a league?

Thanks!
Is this even a thing? I have never heard of this.

I play in CAHL 9 pm league so all our games are at the Edge school. Great rinks and always the same times/place. Perfect for our team.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:28 AM   #3
Trojan97
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Is this even a thing? I have never heard of this.

I play in CAHL 9 pm league so all our games are at the Edge school. Great rinks and always the same times/place. Perfect for our team.
A buddy of mine in mulletville does something like this. Basically just a handful of random teams who rent iceteam and then play home and homes against each other on a rotating basis. Kind of like a more competitive shinny without the fees of playing in a league.
Trojan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:36 AM   #4
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan97 View Post
A buddy of mine in mulletville does something like this. Basically just a handful of random teams who rent iceteam and then play home and homes against each other on a rotating basis. Kind of like a more competitive shinny without the fees of playing in a league.
I played on a team like that this winter. We played in Bentley/Innisfail/Ponoka/Red Deer/Blackfalds.

It was a lot of fun.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:13 PM   #5
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

My league in Calgary operates this way. If a team wants in then they need to bring ice with them. Last year we lost a team and the ice that went with it. Over the years this has happened several times (teams come and go and so do the ice times they brought with them). So if you DO find some ice and are looking for a league we might be interested. Games are weekends, usually Friday and Saturday nights with the occasional Sunday morning.

Sorry, I guess that doesn't really answer your question.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote