Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2016, 01:44 PM   #81
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you could get it on sale it'd be worth it, but not sure you'd find it worth the full price.

It's a round based shooter, so if you suck you'll spend more time spectating than playing. Not my idea of fun. Whenever I leave for a few weeks for work and come back, it always takes me a few days to get back into it because of the learning curve.

That said, it's one of the best shooters I've played in a long time. At times it can be absolutely frustrating, but when a team comes together and just nails a round it's very rewarding.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:11 PM   #82
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:13 AM   #83
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

I am not sure if anyone else is still playing Siege but the new DLC will be dropping tomorrow alongside a fairly extensive patch that will have some big impacts on the game.

You can check out the complete patch notes here: http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/.../dustline.aspx

But to highlight a few of them:

Spoiler!
The Following User Says Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2016, 09:13 PM   #84
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Awesome. Been a few weeks but I have been meaning to play some more siege again
Old 05-14-2016, 12:17 AM   #85
wooohooo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Just got the game. Interesting experience. First game some guy team killed me, probably since saw I was a recruit. Next game, died before I even saw anyone. This game is so ridiculously hard...
wooohooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 09:58 AM   #86
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooohooo View Post
Just got the game. Interesting experience. First game some guy team killed me, probably since saw I was a recruit. Next game, died before I even saw anyone. This game is so ridiculously hard...
Playing on console or PC? Have you completed all of the situations and watched the "training" videos? That's a good place to start if you haven't already since it awards you with a bunch of renown for unlocking operators. Map knowledge is very important. Make use of your drones to scout ahead. When on defense switch to cameras once the round begins to get an idea of where they are located.
The Following User Says Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2016, 11:49 AM   #87
wooohooo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
Playing on console or PC? Have you completed all of the situations and watched the "training" videos? That's a good place to start if you haven't already since it awards you with a bunch of renown for unlocking operators. Map knowledge is very important. Make use of your drones to scout ahead. When on defense switch to cameras once the round begins to get an idea of where they are located.
Console, PS4. Yeah I've been watching a ton of videos and played all the situations. Bloody hard game, but I did have a few fun games being matched up with more beginners. Sucks being matched with people who have been playing the game for a while.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:55 PM   #88
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Played tonight for the first time in months. Almost a completely different game now. Not sure if it's for the better or not but still a blast. And even more heart pounding when you forget how to play

Last edited by btimbit; 05-22-2016 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:24 PM   #89
wooohooo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Okay I am officially addicted to this game. After a steep steep learning curve, I've begun to start killing at a consistent rate. And you know you had a good round when your heart is pumping 300 BPM. Crazy good and fun game.

Only thing thry need to fix is the team killing from the start. And maybe the matchup system
Old 05-30-2016, 02:46 PM   #90
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

The teamkilling seemed better for a while, now it seems to be popping up again a lot. At least on PS4. Maybe coincides with the new map and operators being released, lots of new players? That's my guess

Last edited by btimbit; 05-30-2016 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:38 PM   #91
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

In all my time playing I've only been intentionally team killed once and that was a day or two after Dustline released when some ####### demanded I play Doc. I pretty much only play ranked though.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:59 PM   #92
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hm, yeah don't think I've ever been teamkilled on ranked. Don't play ranked much though
Old 05-30-2016, 11:38 PM   #93
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is there anything worse than having a brutal team?

I feel like I just played the best game of my life, but we lost 3-2 in overtime. I had 12 kills, rest of my team combined for 4. Defending, 3 guys would roam in one group, often eliminated by a single enemy. First round, it came to 2v4 and the enemy managed to get the defuser planted. I managed to flank around to take out 3 of them, then exchanged fire with the last but he managed to get me down but not out. Teammate finished him off, but I guess didn't realize that that was the last guy and that he needed to take out the diffuser. He carefully made his way his way over to revive me, but by the time he got to me the timer was up and we lost.

Both of our wins were a 1v5 and 1v4 ace by me. The OT round, I almost nailed it. Teams traded blows until it was 1v4 with just me remaining. Other team was cocky I guess and I managed to lure 3 of them out of the objective one by one and pick them off. Still had a minute left, so took the time to run around to the other side of the map and set a breach charge. But a Valkryie camera spots me, so I run around to the original spot. I can hear the enemy shuffling around on the other side of the wall, so I hit the breach as a distraction, and can hear the enemy jump up and start to run to the other bomb, thinking I'm coming that way. Adrenaline pumping, I make my move. Through the door, around the corner, there's the last enemy, and he's not even facing me! Bring up the rifle, damn, he moves being a table. I sidestep left to get a better angle.... and walk right into a ####ing bear trap! Over.

Damn this game is intense. I'm not even that good at the game, was just in the zone tonight
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2016, 12:34 PM   #94
wooohooo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Yeah, I go on stretches where I can take out 3-4 guys a game and others where I can't kill a guy no matter what. It's a funny game, but dang if you have heart issues, domt play this game. The adrenaline is crazy
Old 06-02-2016, 04:49 PM   #95
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really loving Blackbeard too. Plant yourself outside a window next to the objective and you're damn near invincible, just watch for flanks.

They'll probably weaken his shield in a patch though

Haven't tried Valkryie yet
Old 06-03-2016, 09:25 AM   #96
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ubisoft has lowered the price of the base game to $20 on Steam and uplay. I think this extends to consoles as well but I can't check it.

Edit. Looks like it's only for PC and it's been dubbed the Starter Edition. It's a little different from the standard edition of the game. You start off with 2 randomly unlocked operators taken from a pool of Rook, Sledge, Ash, Fuze, Mute, and Smoke. Any combination of of those ops is a good place to start. You also get 600 R6 credits good for unlocking another 2 operators. You have access to everything that the standard edition has include t-hunt and situations. It's also compatible with the season pass which might be a nice alternative if you want to unlock the most expensive operators immediately.

The biggest difference between the two versions is how you unlock operators. In the standard version you unlock the base operators on an escalating scale of renown for each CTU. In the starter edition the base operators all cost 12,500 Renown.

Full FAQ can be found here: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/0...er-Edition-FAQ

Last edited by cDnStealth; 06-03-2016 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:29 AM   #97
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was reading about that the other day. I might grab it just to see what the PC version is like
Old 06-20-2016, 09:02 PM   #98
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Two very significant operator balance changes rolling out in tomorrow's patch.

Quote:
Kapkan
Kapkan can place his gadget at any height and it is now harder to spot There are several changes to Kapan’s Trip Wire gadget that will make his role much more tactical; he’ll be harder to anticipate than in the past. First of all, we’ve removed the red screw that displays on the opposite wall of where the gadget is deployed, which is a dead giveaway for any seasoned player. The Trip Wire laser now has reduced intensity making it harder to spot by attackers, and is slightly less audible when deployed. And now with Patch 3.3, Kapkan can set his Trip Wire gadget at any height on the frame of a doorway or window. We believe these tweaks will restore Kapkan’s former glory and make him a force to be reckoned with.

Quote:
Mute
Mute’s Signal Disruptor has increased range. We have made the jamming zone larger on Mute’s Signal Distruptor. Before the update it was set at 1.5 meters of radius, and with Patch 3.3 it is now set at 2.25 meters. This range will let you jam larger areas around walls as well as reinforced ones, as well as making it almost impossible for drones to jump through.

Kapkan is going to be a beast now. He's always been an operator that I've liked simply for his weapons and now his trip mines are going to be a real threat. Mute is probably my most often selected defender and his change seems small but it'll be a real help. Now a single jammer will be capable of blocking two reinforced walls.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:30 PM   #99
wooohooo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Wow. Kapkan is going to be crazy. Think they over did it but we'll see.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:07 AM   #100
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don't know if anyone is still playing Siege but over the past two months Ubi has done some exceptional work on the game. In July they added two new DLC operators from Brazil's BOPE and a new map.

The operators are fairly interesting. The attacker, Capitao, has crossbow gadget that can fire two types of bolts: micro smoke grenades and asphyxiating bolts. The asphyxiating bolts are great for dealing with enemies hiding behind a deployable shield or in a confined space as they light the surrounding air on fire. I like his primary weapons as well; the Para-308 and an M-249.

Caveira is made to roam. She has the ability to move completely silently and she can interrogate downed enemies which in turn reveals the location of all other enemies for a brief period of time. She has the M12 and SPAS-15.

I am personally not a huge fan of the new Favela map but that could be because I've only played it a handful of times. It often seems chaotic as there are a lot of breach locations.

Aside from the new DLC in July they've done some pretty dramatic re-balancing to three operators as well as add-in new gadgets.

Twitch:
She now has two shock drones and the second drone replaces her two normal drones. She starts the prep phase with a shock drone and deploying the second will not destroy the first. It also moves 30% faster, creates less noise when moving and it's dart range has been increased. She's become a very popular pick. In the prep phase you can take out cameras as well as enemy traps if the defenders are careless.

Blackbeard:
BB has been hit with the nerf bat. He's been given two mounted shields now but the HP of the shield has been reduced from 800 to 150. These things break pretty fast now so you don't want to remain exposed for long periods.

Doc:
He can now heal people, including himself, with his stim pistol. A dart will heal for 40HP and he can over-heal someone to a max of 120HP. This over-heal decays 1 health over every 2 seconds back to 100 health.

They've also added new gadgets. The attackers (Thatcher, Twitch, Glaz and Thermite) have gotten claymores. While defenders (Caveira, Castle. Smoke and Rook) have received impact grenades.

I haven't had much success with the claymores. In theory, you should be able to set them up in places that you think a roamer might try to flank you. Unfortunately, the laser rays that project out of the claymore are very visible to any defender not rushing blindly. They remind of Kapkan's tripwires; very easy to spot and deal with.

The impact grenades are far more useful. They've replaced nitro cells on Caveira and Smoke. They aren't intended to kill or at least I haven't seen one kill a person. Instead you can use them to blow open walls or ceilings. The holes are large enough that you can jump through them and you can often surprise an enemy hiding behind a wall.

They've also added new weapon attachments and done some weapon re-balancing.

If you've been a way for a while this is good time to step back in. The game is in a great place right now. I believe this month will be the final DLC release of the year. Two new ops from Japan along with a new map.