Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2024, 10:38 PM   #1301
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Did you know that you could rent the Giant Space Laser for Manscaping?

And its completely booked up for weeks!
Does the manscaping area also need to be...uh...giant to use the giant laser? Asking for a friend, of course.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 10:49 PM   #1302
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D as in David View Post
Does the manscaping area also need to be...uh...giant to use the giant laser? Asking for a friend, of course.
I mean....I can't personally speak for their accuracy record, so you're taking a risk.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 10:58 PM   #1303
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I'm also tired
A side-effect of chemtrails, no doubt.
Old 04-09-2024, 12:53 AM   #1304
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

lol wastedyouth's defense

"Hearing out" people who disagree with you and "hearing out" people who've lost their marbles entirely and have socially maladaptive and dangerously misinformed views are two different things that should not be confused with one another or intersect in any way.

Firstly, they need to have basic manners down (not check)
Then demonstrate civility and mutual respect (definitely not check)
And that channel has to be open both ways (and boy do we know they're not capable of that)

Theo wasn't going to step up to that podium and say just the right combination of words for something to click in everybody's brains and suddenly think wow we're the problem, and embrace all the wackos that shut down out highways in joyous harmony.

It's just safe to assume based on his entire history of things he's said when given the spotlight.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TrentCrimmIndependent For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2024, 03:22 PM   #1305
codfather
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Looks like ASET listened to you guys. The guest speaker has been updated and it's now Tim Tamashiro. There's a write up about him on the ASET AGM page for those that don't know who he is, but I was lucky enough to meet him last year and can confirm he's a wonderful human.
codfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 03:27 PM   #1306
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The system works!
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2024, 03:31 PM   #1307
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
The nerve! That's gotta be the worst part, right?
No. As has been definitively established it is the hypocrisy:

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Titan2 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2024, 03:31 PM   #1308
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cancel culture strikes again! So much for the tolerant left.
MarchHare is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MarchHare For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2024, 03:34 PM   #1309
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
How are these people so utterly stupid? Let's suppose the government was actually engaged in a massive mind control conspiracy and needed the cover of darkness to hide their distribution of "chemtrails". Why would they wait for a once-every-few-decades celestial phenomenon to do it? Couldn't they just deploy the chemtrails at night on literally any day?

Edit: beaten by by puffnstuff
Yes you were beaten but the quality was there. Huzzah to you sir. Huzzah.
The Following User Says Thank You to Titan2 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2024, 03:45 PM   #1310
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Or, as some would see it, consequences.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to D as in David For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2024, 03:55 PM   #1311
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

What claim was ever made about having to be tolerant?
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 04:16 PM   #1312
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I love this post so much in this thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2024, 10:15 AM   #1313
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why they hired him in the first place, what an incredibly stupid move. It's embarrassing.

ASET is an organization who evaluates credentials for professional certification of technicians and technologists, science an technology related fields. And they decide to hire a person with wildly inaccurate, unscientific views. A person who broadcasts these insane ideas on the internet, records videos of himself screaming these things. He can't help himself from opening his piehole and puking out incredibly incorrect, unscientific nonsense.

Part of ASET's mission statement is how they "protect the public". Then they hire an unhinged loonie who spouts off antivax conspiracy theories, not based in any truth and not respecting any foundational science.

That's not even getting into his accusations of pedophilia against government officials or accusing them of being part of a conspiracy to kill people to control the population.

Go speak at trucker convoy rallies Theo, they are your people, just as nuts as you are.
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Engine09 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2024, 10:16 AM   #1314
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darockwilder View Post
"insurance" companies "seeding" clouds?
There is a long and interesting history of cloud seeding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_seeding
https://fuseinsurance.ca/alberta-hai...ssion-project/

Though its not a conspiracy, there is a lot of transparency.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 10:19 AM   #1315
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

I was near the hockey hall of fame yesterday. They have a bunch of free stuff outside the hall, including a display for each Canadian team. Each one has one jersey on prominent display; and a bunch of other little things.

Pretty disappointing to see this morons jersey as our representative.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 10:25 AM   #1316
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
There is a long and interesting history of cloud seeding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_seeding
https://fuseinsurance.ca/alberta-hai...ssion-project/

Though its not a conspiracy, there is a lot of transparency.
Yeah I mean its right on one of the insurance companies websites.

"Some regions can expect multiple hailstorms in a single season. Alberta’s Hail Alley—which stretches from Rocky Mountain House to High River—is one of those regions. That’s why a team with Western University’s Northern Hail Project (NHP) conducted research there last summer in an effort to improve hail forecasting. On August 1, 2022, the NHP discovered a record-breaking hailstone for Canada, measuring 12.3 cm in diameter and weighing 292.71 grams.

NHP is aiming to create forecasting models that can better predict destructive storms. At the same time, governments and insurance companies are also working on “cloud seeding,” a chemical solution aimed at creating smaller, less damaging hailstones."
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 10:31 AM   #1317
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Awesome! Now I can actually enjoy sitting through that AGM and not feeling like a douchnozzle attending. Wife and I are going mainly because we've never been there and the group rate is pretty cheap and food is included but I felt like an ass once I got the email notification that Fleury was the speaker. Haven't had a CP jihad in a while, so I'll take credit for bringing it to CP's attention and a real-life CP jihad working as intended.

Would love to be a fly on the wall seeing Fleury's reaction as he's told and what he said afterwards. Actually, I don't give a ####. Was probably some Yoho-like rant about the left, being woke, Trump this that. Don't care. Good riddance. I'm sure someone will post his reaction here once he decides to write something no one except his truck buddies care about.

The new speaker seems like a solid dude and looking forward to hearing him speak.

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 04-11-2024 at 10:36 AM.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2024, 10:37 AM   #1318
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Awesome! Now I can actually enjoy sitting through that AGM and not feeling like a douchnozzle attending. Wife and I are going mainly because we've never been there and the group rate is pretty cheap and food is included but I felt like an ass once I got the email notification that Fleury was the speaker. Haven't had a CP jihad in a while, so I'll take credit for bringing it to CP's attention and a real-life CP jihad working as intended.

Would love to be a fly on the wall seeing Fleury's reaction as he's told and what he said afterwards. Actually, I don't give a ####. Was probably some Yoho-like rant about the left, being woke, Trump this that. Don't care. Good riddance. I'm sure someone will post his reaction here once he decides to write something no one except his truck buddies care about.

The new speaker seems like a solid dude and looking forward to hearing him speak.
Thanks for bringing attention to it, my wife is also a member and she sent them an email about it as well after I told her about it. Success!
Old 04-11-2024, 10:48 AM   #1319
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post

I can’t believe he hasn’t tweet ranted about it yet. I would love for him to know it was driven by a bunch of hardcore flames fans.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 10:55 AM   #1320
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Great move getting Tim Tamashiro, have met him before as well, super nice dude. His "How to Ikigai" book is awesome as well. I believe his speech would connect far more with the audience than someone talking about recovering from mental issues.