Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2016, 04:44 PM   #981
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

One thing about tracking distance is that it measures a straight line between two points every time it records the location (no idea how often it does that though).

So if it samples your location, you go around the block, and it samples again while you were going around, the distance will be zero.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:07 PM   #982
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Walking in a straight line is best for racking up distance. Also, make sure the loading symbol in the top left isn't spinning constantly, or your distance is not being counted.

I can turn my wifi off at night and if I get my phone to stay awake, I can hatch a 2k egg overnight with the gps drift.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:11 PM   #983
cracher
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
One thing about tracking distance is that it measures a straight line between two points every time it records the location (no idea how often it does that though).

So if it samples your location, you go around the block, and it samples again while you were going around, the distance will be zero.
I don't think the tracking intervals are all that long. I had 4 phones in my golf push-cart last weekend. Believe me, I don't golf in a straight line. On a 6800yd course, I registered 7.7km on an egg.
cracher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:53 AM   #984
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

I had some excellent success tonight at prince edward island park. Evolved a bunch of lesser pokemon into great ones and some nice rare pokemon popped up. Everyone was running like crazy to get them. It was down to my last pokeball when I finally caught the Blastoise that popped up.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:22 AM   #985
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

67 is the most I've been able to evolve in one lucky egg sitting. I think I could've squeezed maybe 2 more.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:21 AM   #986
mac_82
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Anyone have any tips for using Pokeballs? I just hit lvl 20 and got some Ultra Balls.

Most of the Pokemon I see are under 450 CP.

I was thinking:

0-399 CP - Poke Ball
400-599 CP - Great Ball + Razzberry
600 CP + - Ultra Ball + Razzberry

Anyone want to share their strategies?
mac_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:31 AM   #987
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Razzberries for all. I have too many razzberries.
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:32 AM   #988
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_82 View Post
Anyone have any tips for using Pokeballs? I just hit lvl 20 and got some Ultra Balls.

Most of the Pokemon I see are under 450 CP.

I was thinking:

0-399 CP - Poke Ball
400-599 CP - Great Ball + Razzberry
600 CP + - Ultra Ball + Razzberry

Anyone want to share their strategies?
I would base it off of rarity. I only use Ultra Balls on:
1. A pokemon I dont have in my pokedex
2. Super rare: Dragonite, Lapras, Dratini, etc.

Other then that, I don't use them because you will use a lot of them on the super rare ones.

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Swayze11 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2016, 11:34 AM   #989
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I also use rasberrys on lower level Pokemon. I believe it helps them stay in the ball better (no data though). And I always have a surplus of raspberries. I try to keep 50 on hand.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:31 PM   #990
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ultras only provide a 33% greater capture rate over Greats. I save all mine for can't lose pokemon. Reds I've started throwing out after getting nearly 200 in my inventory.

After bitching about 10km egg hatches I got a chancey from one today.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2016, 01:20 PM   #991
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm uninstalling. There is nothing fun about the grind and I continually get completely skunked on low CP crap pokemon (i.e. throwing razzberries and great balls at 70 CP pidgeys to have them keep breaking out of the ball and running away).
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:27 PM   #992
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
I'm uninstalling. There is nothing fun about the grind and I continually get completely skunked on low CP crap pokemon (i.e. throwing razzberries and great balls at 70 CP pidgeys to have them keep breaking out of the ball and running away).
Are you hitting them in the circle and waiting until the circle is small? You should be able to easily catch 70cp with regular pokeballs with good throws.
Krovikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:46 PM   #993
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krovikan View Post
Are you hitting them in the circle and waiting until the circle is small? You should be able to easily catch 70cp with regular pokeballs with good throws.
That's kind of my point though. I'm level 21 now and I don't think any scenario should result in low level pokemon running away from me. The game seems completely random now in terms of success rate. I swear they're more difficult to catch than when I was level 5 as well. Also, I'm annoyed that it's still the same amount of xp for any pokemon.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:50 PM   #994
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

I have also had quite a few pokemon run away, both high and low CP ones. I will razzberry them, catch them and they escape. Repeat a few times then they run away.
This has been happening quite a bit since the update earlier this week I found
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 02:08 PM   #995
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

How lame would the game be if every time you razzberry a pokemon you are guaranteed to catch them?

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 02:15 PM   #996
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swayze11 View Post
How lame would the game be if every time you razzberry a pokemon you are guaranteed to catch them?
I don't think anyone is asking for that.

The catch is certainly harder than it used to be though and I think it's just an accumulation of issues like being level 21 and losing low level mons after spending multiple Raz and great balls. The tracking issues have people saying they're done too and that is legitimate. I'm still at it but honestly expecting some big improvements soon.
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 02:23 PM   #997
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

One thing I am curious about...

I noticed is that a pokemon doesn't seem to run if you miss a throw. They also don't seem to run on a berry action. If anything, running seems to happen only near the beginning.

After about the 4-5th action, the pokemon no longer seem to run. I have been wondering if someone online has studied this. One of the things I am wondering... if you ran into something super rare, whether you'd be able to miss a bunch of throws on purpose to ensure the pokemon won't run mid battle?

Obviously, this can be patched and the pokemon could start running later, but for now, it would work. I've been paying attention to people around me at grind points catching the same monster and often, running seems to only occur for the first 3-4 ish actions of razzberries or escapes. I only seemed to see people lose the monster right away, catch within a few throws, or stand around for a significant while for a long attempt.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 02:44 PM   #998
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

It'll run later in the battle if you take too long and its reached despawn time.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 02:46 PM   #999
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

If your having issues catching 70cp pidgeys at level 21 then you need to get your curveball game up.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 02:51 PM   #1000
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
One thing I am curious about...

I noticed is that a pokemon doesn't seem to run if you miss a throw. They also don't seem to run on a berry action. If anything, running seems to happen only near the beginning.

After about the 4-5th action, the pokemon no longer seem to run. I have been wondering if someone online has studied this. One of the things I am wondering... if you ran into something super rare, whether you'd be able to miss a bunch of throws on purpose to ensure the pokemon won't run mid battle?

Obviously, this can be patched and the pokemon could start running later, but for now, it would work. I've been paying attention to people around me at grind points catching the same monster and often, running seems to only occur for the first 3-4 ish actions of razzberries or escapes. I only seemed to see people lose the monster right away, catch within a few throws, or stand around for a significant while for a long attempt.
I lost a ~300CP Pikachu after berries and about 10 great balls over the weekend.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote