Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-22-2015, 02:08 PM   #1
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:
Default Do we need a separate prospect forum anymore?

I understand the historical reasons for having a separate prospect forum, but in the last few years as the quality of the Flames prospect pool has increased a lot of the same information and discussion is being posted on the Fire and Ice forum as the prospect forum.

It also seems a large majority of posters don't go into the prospect forums anyways.

Anyways something to consider.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:06 PM   #2
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would have to agree. I just went into Fire and Ice and thought l clicked the wrong forum. It seems like there are a number of prospect threads in there and not in the Back Burner Forum. I've seen alot of posting of the same thing between both forums as well. I don't think anyone outside of the same few posters use the Back Burner forum to have prospect discussions despite having threads for Adirondack, NCAA, CHL and European threads for it, as well as specific prospect ones. Which is a shame because I know the NCAA and CHL ones are really kept up to date well.

My only question if they merge would be the whole how to do GDT threads for the Baby Flames. They play many games the same night as the NHL Flames and I could see it creating some confusion.
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:15 AM   #3
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

I agree with SureLoss. Especially since we have good posters that bump good prospect threads when it is warranted.

Like a players' original draft thread (with 20XX Xth round pick, Flames select Gaudreau/Klimchuk/Bennett/Porrier). These threads can just be bumped when there are news as opposed to having their own similar thread in the back burner
albertGQ is online now   Reply With Quote