Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-25-2018, 12:25 AM   #1
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:
Default Last Chance U

I swear there was a thread, but man I couldn't find it. Netflix's has put up season three and I thought I would start a thread.

Last Chance U follows basically the dregs of the College Football circuit which is the Junior College Program. Usually these programs are populated by Div 1 castoffs who got thrown out of their programs, and local walk ons and recruits that are looking for one last run of football glory.

In the first two years they followed EMCC, a multi time National Champion coached by Buddy Stephens, besides the players, the other star was academic Advisor Britney Wagner who balanced off Buddy's evil temper with her compassion and desire to help the player athletes reach their goals of returning to Div 1 Football.

At the end of Season two the filmakers decided to move on from Buddy and EMCC because of the volatile nature of the head coach who managed to piss everyone off and chase Britney off as well.

Season 3 goes to a small Kansas Junior Program the ICC Pirates lead by coach Jason Brown, a coach with a track record of turning programs around with his strength in recruiting. Because of the changes in the rules these Junior College Programs are no longer restricted so Jason went out and recruited more then 20 Div 1 players who were on their last chance (See what I did there).

I've gotten to the half way point and thought I would start this thread. The rest of my thoughts are in spoilers.

Spoiler!

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:28 AM   #2
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

absolutely loved the first two seasons. Will be interesting to see whether season 3 with the new school can keep up.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:25 PM   #3
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So I got to the end of the season

Spoiler!

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 07:01 PM   #4
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I loved the first season, but dropped it after a few episodes of season two. Probably due to binge watching season one. I'm glad you posted this, because I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of season two. I'm now on the second episode of season three and it's really good so far.
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote