Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2017, 03:26 PM   #1
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Dredd TV Series

A TV series sequel to Karl Urban's 2012 Dredd is in development. No word if Karl Urban himself will be involved in the project

Quote:
Attention, citizens of Mega City One: Judge Dredd will finally be coming to a vid-screen near you. Entertainment Weekly is reporting that Rebellion, the British game company that also owns 2000AD—the "Galaxy's greatest comic" and the home of the antihero lawman—and IM Global are working on a live-action TV series about the future cop.

This will be welcome news for the tens of thousands of fans who signed a petition to make a sequel to 2012's Dredd. That movie, starring Karl Urban and Olivia Thirlby, was a hit with critics and fans of the comic, but an inept marketing campaign in the US resulted in disappointing box office revenues. (The less said about the 1995 Stallone Judge Dredd film, the better.)

"This is one of those seminal sci-fi properties that seems to only become more and more relevant with age," IM Global TV President Mark Stern told Entertainment Weekly. "Not only is it a rich world with biting social commentary, but it’s also fun as hell! As a fan of the comics and both films, it’s a dream come true to be able to work with Jason and Chris [Kingsley, the owners of Rebellion] in adapting this for television."
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/...en/?comments=1
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:57 PM   #2
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The 2012 film was outstanding, I don't think I've seen 5 action films as good as or better than it since it came out (Mad Max, GotG, Logan....and I'm stuck).

Last edited by Matata; 05-11-2017 at 05:09 PM.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:58 PM   #3
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope Urban is involved. I find his films entertaining.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:01 PM   #4
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like Urban in 'Almost Human' which shares some themes with Dredd, but I agree, Dredd was a fun movie so more of it is good, I just find that its often difficult to translate a movie like that to TV.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:32 PM   #5
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
The 2012 film was outstanding, I don't think I've seen 5 action films as good as or better than it since it came out (Mad Max, GotG, Logan....and I'm stuck).
The Raid 1 & 2 (Dredd was essentially the American version of The Raid). Dredd was great though. Hopefully they can get Urban on this.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2017, 01:51 PM   #6
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
John Wick 1 & 2

Dredd was a great movie and I hoped for a sequel but if it's done right, I'm excited to see it come back on any media platform

Last edited by Iceman57; 05-14-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote