Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2015, 12:12 PM   #2021
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

In case you're wondering how to obtain the secret chest on the dreadnaught that damages you due to "Taken consumption"

We tried the first method and it didn't work (though it did with others I've seen). Armor of light seemed to work.
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:07 PM   #2022
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Mida Multi-tool for the win in the Crucible. Speed, accuracy and range? Yes I'll have me some of that. I've been doing super well with my VoC too actually. I'm liking me some scout rifles.

Apparently TLW is still decent with Soft Ballistics. I'll wait until I get that Chaperon quest to try it out though.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:15 PM   #2023
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeBruce View Post
In case you're wondering how to obtain the secret chest on the dreadnaught that damages you due to "Taken consumption"

We tried the first method and it didn't work (though it did with others I've seen). Armor of light seemed to work.
The "proper" way to get these chests is to interrupt a hive ritual (the one I've seen was right outside the court of oryx), which grants you an orb that gives you and anyone close by 1:30 of a buff called "interloper", allowing you to bypass the taken consumption.
Like everything else in this game though, there are plenty of ways to do everything.
Mass_nerder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 10:19 PM   #2024
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm really liking ttk a lot. It feels more like destiny first did, where I'm still trying to figure out how to get ahead, and what armor is going to work for me with my light level constantly moving higher as I trade out gear.
Only thing I'm annoyed about, is how much harder it is to get marks.

Anyone else put in an arms day order? I ordered the hakke pulse (name started with 'j' I think).
Old 09-16-2015, 10:21 PM   #2025
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
Mida Multi-tool for the win in the Crucible. Speed, accuracy and range? Yes I'll have me some of that. I've been doing super well with my VoC too actually. I'm liking me some scout rifles.

Apparently TLW is still decent with Soft Ballistics. I'll wait until I get that Chaperon quest to try it out though.
Got this quest yesterday, so I'll probably try it tomorrow...I loved tlw, so I'm hoping the switch to soft ballistics does the trick.
Old 09-17-2015, 01:44 AM   #2026
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
Got this quest yesterday, so I'll probably try it tomorrow...I loved tlw, so I'm hoping the switch to soft ballistics does the trick.
Yeah I'm pretty sure I used it exclusively for about 4 months straight. I finally started goofing around with other weapons about 2 weeks prior to the weapon rebalance. So it has a soft spot in my heart lol
Old 09-17-2015, 08:58 AM   #2027
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Love some of the new strikes in heroic mode. Feels like a mini raid.

Also was given the advice last night while playing with StrykerSteve to infuse your legendary armour and weapons from the higher blues. Higher the light level = higher the drops
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 10:42 AM   #2028
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo View Post
Love some of the new strikes in heroic mode. Feels like a mini raid.

Also was given the advice last night while playing with StrykerSteve to infuse your legendary armour and weapons from the higher blues. Higher the light level = higher the drops
I was doing that, but stopped because I want to get more legendary marks so I can upgrade my exotics to year 2.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:53 AM   #2029
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

So whats the deal with legendary marks now? I was told you don't get any for just playing in crucible, you only get them from daily quests, daily playlist, etc?

That is so freaking wack, way to eliminate my favorite type of gameplay from any form of relevance Bungie.

Hey, you know what this Destiny game needs? More pointless grinding! Great idea Deej (high fives all around the room), lets make it impossible to get the right gear setup without grinding through our stupid stories.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:10 PM   #2030
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

So I was confused about the whole leveling thing, Nham helped, and I found this video too. Farming marks isn't necessary. Good video if you want to learn more.

TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 10:03 PM   #2031
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
So whats the deal with legendary marks now? I was told you don't get any for just playing in crucible, you only get them from daily quests, daily playlist, etc?

That is so freaking wack, way to eliminate my favorite type of gameplay from any form of relevance Bungie.

Hey, you know what this Destiny game needs? More pointless grinding! Great idea Deej (high fives all around the room), lets make it impossible to get the right gear setup without grinding through our stupid stories.
I think you can get them from the daily crucible activity too.
It does annoy me that they've made earning marks a lot tougher, but I guess since there's no weekly cap in earning them now, they can't just have someone grind crucible for 12 hours and suddenly have all the top gear and light level.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:15 PM   #2032
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post

Doing the daily crucible will net you 15 marks. which totals 105 marks a week if you play that 1 event every day. You actually can earn more marks then before. You now earn rep for both crucible and your faction, and some quests give you marks. Plus add in the fact that you can dismantle some of those legendary drops from your crucible drops and earn 3 more there.

If you do the daily that is another 105 marks for the week.

Bungie has actually given us more with this. We can earn more marks, can level up both crucible, and vanguard as well as the faction. And they have become more respectful of peoples time. The dailies being account based means you only have to do them once. Not 3 times each.

Today, within a matter of 30 minutes I had 30 marks. And with the new loot system they have there is actually less grinding I find, you play, you get good drops. Everything seems to power me up just that little bit more. I have a a nice gear setup right now so I infuse the higher power stuff into my lower power stuff and go on about my day.

I think it's more that it feels like no matter what I do I can level up. Not like before where you'd do the raid, hope you get the drop you need. If you didn't, well then the rest of the week is a waste of time cause you got nothing else to do. The Taken King gets 2 thumbs up from me. This is the game I thought Destiny was going to be day 1. Better late then never though, and I'm enjoying it.
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TjRhythmic For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2015, 08:41 AM   #2033
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

We've be streaming the raid today. Will forward a link later.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:13 PM   #2034
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

How is the raid?
I don't have a ton of time in the next few days, but I'll hopefully get it done on Tuesday.
Finally got my hunter over 290, thanks to the three coin buff from Xur, and Winter's run mission.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:36 PM   #2035
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

We're live! Kings Fall raid is in full swing. Come check us out:

http://www.twitch.tv/gwaiah
Old 09-19-2015, 01:31 AM   #2036
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Spoiler!
Raid talk
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:46 AM   #2037
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The three of coins exploit is handy for prior who can't play often. I spent 35 strange coins and got 3 useful exotics.

The Last Word
Invective
Crest of Alpha Lupi
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:02 AM   #2038
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got the Zhalo Supercell, as well as the new void hunter helm, and the skyburner helm, plus a few of the year two versions of previous hunter helms, plus a few crest of alpha lupi...
The Zhalo Supercell is amazing.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:14 AM   #2039
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Raid results part 1. We're at where Jbo just completed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75MqJdvXy24
Old 09-19-2015, 12:22 PM   #2040
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can I just say that your clan name is unreal.
I'm surprised you had two guys who were so under leveled. Were they able to do much damage?

Last edited by Mass_nerder; 09-19-2015 at 12:25 PM.