Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #81
Rerun
Often Thinks About Pickles

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I find that both sad and funny.
I find it sad that you cannot comprehend how a loved dog can be your best friend.

I am sure there are many dog owners on here who consider their dog to be their best friend.
Rerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:34 AM   #82
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
I find it sad that you cannot comprehend how a loved dog can be your best friend.

I am sure there are many dog owners on here who consider their dog to be their best friend.
I find it sad that you have to look to an animal to find companionship of that order.

I guess we look for different things in "best friends".

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 09:34 AM   #83
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I agree with the idea of letting the market decide. As far as I'm aware, this is private property and the owners of said property can do what they want on it within the bounds of their licensing and the law.

I don't go to the Ranchman's because of the type of clientele that frequents this establishment and the in my opinion crap music they play.

Do I complain and demand they don't allow Testosterone filled Cowpokes and annoying drunk Cowgirls on the patio so I can go there and grab a pint or a bite without having my appetite ruined? I do not, I just choose to spend my time (and money) somewhere else.

On a side note, we were camping out by Kimberly some years back and were pleasantly surprised how dog friendly it was there. Patios, stores and the outdoor museums in the area (coal mine museum, Fort Steele) all allowed us to come in with our dog, which made our holiday a lot more enjoyable.
#22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to #22 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #84
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Guy View Post
you did mean "PUBLIC", not "pubic", right? Freudian slip?
No. I definitely meant pubic.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:52 AM   #85
Kswiss
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Ok...so it is a "designated" area...the dogs would still be around the general premisis where there is food around...that I DO NOT agree with...For sure I wont be going to Ranchmans to eat...but I am with someone else on this thread....I dont want to start seeing dogs in grocery stores...etc....I understand that dogs are a mans best friend...but its an easy equation.....dogs are not humans....no matter how someone tries to swing it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyah View Post
From CTV Calgary:

Sounds to me like they're in a designated, contained section as they said on the news last night. If you don't like the idea of dogs around your food (even from a distance) - don't sit in that section. If you don't like the idea of dogs anywhere near you while you're having a beer - go to a different patio and stop making a big deal out of something that isn't a big deal. No one's forcing you to go to Ranchmans, and I highly doubt they're doing this to 'just make the news'...yeah, how dare they try to cater to dog owners! A lot of places are starting to do this with a lot of success. I really don't see why you would be so outraged.
Kswiss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kswiss For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 09:52 AM   #86
Rerun

Exp:

Quote:
I find it sad that you have to look to an animal to find companionship of that order.

I guess we look for different things in "best friends".
I'm not alone in that aspect. There are thousands of examples out there that support my feelings but I'll just pick one here...

Quote:
Jon Tumilson, a Navy SEAL, was one of 30 Americans killed in Afghanistan on Aug. 6 when a rocket-propelled grenade took out a U.S. Chinook helicopter. He was mourned at a service in Rockford, Iowa, attended by 1,500 family members, friends--and Hawkeye, Tumilson's dog.

The Labrador retriever was such an important part of Tumilson's life that the friends and family of the San Diego resident called the dog his "son."
When Tumilson's friend Scott Nichols walked to the front of the room to speak, Hawkeye followed, Today.com reports. "As Nichols prepared to memorialize his friend, Hawkeye dutifully laid down near the casket," Scott Stump writes.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...175219915.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rerun For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 09:53 AM   #87
HELPNEEDED
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
If you're worried about a hair in your food, you probably shouldn't be eating in pubic. At all. How is a dog sitting 15 feet away worse than a dog walking by the patio? That dog comes MUCH closer to your food. If it freaks you out that much, don't go! As for regulations & safety, they've made it pretty clear that the dog will not be allowed anywhere near the food prep, obviously.:

http://www.calgarysun.com/2012/09/26...or-their-patio
Thats a pretty impressive list of regulations etc., however, dog hair is much worse then most other "contaminats" that can make it to my food.

Quote:
Last I looked Ranchmans was a privately owned enterprise and thus are entitled to do whatever they want, within the law.... and the law now allows for them to allow dogs on their patio. Get over it. If you don't like it, go somewhere else... there are plenty of other places that don't allow dogs, to chose from.

As for fur in you food, who pays for my meal when I get some of your dandruff in mine?
previous to this change in regulation for ranchmans, dogs were not allowed in places that sold food.

Besides your use of the word enterprise, you show that you do not understand the scope of business and health regulations. Again, the city farewell knows that if it gets enough complaints of your dogs fur in other patrons food they will shutdown ranchman's license to allow dogs, its really that simple. This is a pilot project with the intent of showing that this will not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valo403 View Post
The restaurant that made the decision that more people will come because of the ability to bring a dog then will stay home, or refuse to pay, because of the presence of dogs. Hence capitalism.

And don't give me this health risk garbage, this is a dog sitting on a patio, there's a hell of a lot more going on in the kitchens at a lot of restaurants that should concern you more than that.
Not sure if serious, I have a dog, cleaned twice a week, she in all hell knows she is not allowed in the kitche/dining area, that is absolutley off limits. Dogs are inherently dirty animals, they lick their own asses. It is a health risk as defined by health Canada.

Federal laws and regulations override all provincial legislature, so if health Canada heard complaints about Ranchman's I'll bet anything that this pilot program will be shutdown.

Quote:
Zero. However, along with hair there are a lot of other contaminates that can make it into your food when it's not prepared by you. It a risk we all take when eating out. It's an acceptable risk, to an extent, for me, as I enjoy eating out.
I cannot fathom what filth you live in, when in your world dogs fur is ok in food. You must love pubes in food.

Its not an acceptable risk for me, and I could like ranchman's. I do not want your belief in your right to bring your dog there to infringe on my right to enjoy a meal on that patio at ranchmans.

*I have not been to ranchman's since i was 18, that was 10 years ago.
HELPNEEDED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:57 AM   #88
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kswiss View Post
Ok...so it is a "designated" area...the dogs would still be around the general premisis where there is food around...that I DO NOT agree with...For sure I wont be going to Ranchmans to eat...but I am with someone else on this thread....I dont want to start seeing dogs in grocery stores...etc....I understand that dogs are a mans best friend...but its an easy equation.....dogs are not humans....no matter how someone tries to swing it...
Honestly, have you been eating there regularly?
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #89
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm not alone in that aspect. There are thousands of examples out there that support my feelings but I'll just pick one here...

Congrats, but I enjoy a "best friend" that can carry on a conversation. I am not looking for a "yes man".

Quote:
Old 09-28-2012, 09:59 AM   #90
Rerun

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELPNEEDED View Post
Thats a pretty impressive list of regulations etc., however, dog hair is much worse then most other "contaminats" that can make it to my food.

previous to this change in regulation for ranchmans, dogs were not allowed in places that sold food.

Besides your use of the word enterprise, you show that you do not understand the scope of business and health regulations. Again, the city farewell knows that if it gets enough complaints of your dogs fur in other patrons food they will shutdown ranchman's license to allow dogs, its really that simple. This is a pilot project with the intent of showing that this will not work.

Not sure if serious, I have a dog, cleaned twice a week, she in all hell knows she is not allowed in the kitche/dining area, that is absolutley off limits. Dogs are inherently dirty animals, they lick their own asses. It is a health risk as defined by health Canada.

Federal laws and regulations override all provincial legislature, so if health Canada heard complaints about Ranchman's I'll bet anything that this pilot program will be shutdown.

I cannot fathom what filth you live in, when in your world dogs fur is ok in food. You must love pubes in food.

Its not an acceptable risk for me, and I could like ranchman's. I do not want your belief in your right to bring your dog there to infringe on my right to enjoy a meal on that patio at ranchmans.

I am actually shocked that you own a dog.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #91
Rerun

Exp:

Quote:
Congrats, but I enjoy a "best friend" that can carry on a conversation. I am not looking for a "yes man".
My wife falls into that category.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #92
HELPNEEDED
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I am actually shocked that you own a dog.
Me too, got her for my 11th birthday and she's doing pretty good at the age of 17.5. Must be doing something wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to HELPNEEDED For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #93
Kswiss
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

One of the dumbest things I heard from a friend... if there was a chance to save a dog in a burning building or a human, he would save his dog....he would save the dog WTF?!??!! I hate it when people compare dogs to humans....
Old 09-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #94
HELPNEEDED
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Dude, dogs are good friends, if you have one I dont' know how you can think otherwise. But as intelligent humans we must recognize that these are still animals.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #95
Kswiss
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Lol....no but never plan to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
Honestly, have you been eating there regularly?
Old 09-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #96
Rerun

Exp:

Quote:
Me too, got her for my 11th birthday and she's doing pretty good at the age of 17.5. Must be doing something wrong.
Wow... 17.5!!! You're a lucky guy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rerun For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #97
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Dude, dogs are good friends, if you have one I dont' know how you can think otherwise. But as intelligent humans we must recognize that these are still animals.
Exactly, I have no issue with dogs, other than picking up hot steaming poo.

What get's me is people is people saying dogs are their best friends and giving them human attributes.

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #98
Rerun

Exp:

Quote:
Exactly, I have no issue with dogs, other than picking up hot steaming poo.

What get's me is people is people saying dogs are their best friends and giving them human attributes.
Who on here has given their dog human attributes?
Old 09-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #99
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I said zero hair in my food is acceptable. All I said was that I would be nieve to think that my food at all times is free of comaminents. I'm sure 99% of the time it is. But the 1% of the time - the risk that there might be a hair in my food isn't going to stop me from going out and enjoying a meal. If I find hair in my food I would send it back and probably not visit that establishment again. However, it's not going to scare me away from eating out. I'm not certain how that makes me a person who loves living in filth, or a person who enjoys eating food with pubic hair in it, but I suppose everyone has their own method of debate.

Anyways - there is an easy way for you to avoid getting a dog hair in your food. Don't go to Ranchmans
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nyah For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #100
HELPNEEDED
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Who on here has given their dog human attributes?
Its the act of believing an animal can visit a "fit for human consumption facility" that derives human attributes.

Tags
beer , coors , cowboys , cowgirls , dogs=awesome , gone to the dogs