Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Where would you like the Flames to go with their jerseys?
Keep with the existing set 9 2.34%
go back to vintage home and away 229 59.48%
go back to 2004 home and away 26 6.75%
minor tweak to the existing set (piping, flags) 40 10.39%
new design that adds black to the retro look 36 9.35%
completely new design 39 10.13%
other (elaborate) 6 1.56%
Voters: 385. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 10:41 AM   #561
Stud_McCool
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

This is just too hilarious!!
At least I'll save some money NOT buying these new jerseys.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:41 AM   #562
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
The flags will be a minor bother if they've fixed the piping, the bottom waist stripes and the sides with the weird vertical stripes that meet up with the piping.
I love how each teaser image unleashes a whole new round of bargaining from the fans.

First teaser: "Oh god, the black C, they're aren't doing the retros... well at least they can get rid of the Alberta flag & the piping"

Second teaser: "Ugg that stupid flag!... well hopefully they'll fix the piping..."

Future teaser: "God all that piping is still there! Well at least there's no ads on the uniforms."

Final release: "WHY THE HELL IS THERE AN UBER LOGO ON THE JERSEY?!"
Old 06-19-2017, 10:42 AM   #563
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

At the season ticket holder session I was at, a fan asked specifically whether the Flames were involved in the Adidas jersey or not and Ken King replied the Flames had full control over the design but warned it would be very similar (or something like that) but it wouldn't be long until a full switch was made.

Knowing that, and knowing how popular the retros are, it's just pure negligence on the part of the Flames doing this. I assume it's a money grab and the entire plan is to switch to the retros in 2022.

"You ain't gotta like me. You're just mad 'cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be."
Old 06-19-2017, 10:42 AM   #564
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a ####ing joke
Old 06-19-2017, 10:45 AM   #565
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

You can spend your money here instead:

http://www.customthrowbackjerseys.co...algary-Flames/
Old 06-19-2017, 10:45 AM   #566
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Just sent a lengthy email to the Flames.

Like, why don't they survey their fans to see what we want? What would they have to lose?
How do you know they didn't? If you go to games, you'll see a lot of jerseys that are recently purchased, in the current version. That's the version with flags and piping. Even after this was released, people on CP have said they are going to get the 2016-17 version, because it's 50% off. If people hated the jerseys so much, they wouldn't go buy one, even at 50% off. If the Flames checked their financials, and saw that they weren't selling many jerseys, they likely would have brought in a new versions. My guess is they sold many throughout the 2016-17 season, that they want to go at least a season or two with the same format.

The owners and executives have been in a business a long time. I would guess they wouldn't just pick these jerseys to piss you off. They likely did focus groups, did surveys, etc. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean there aren't many more people who do like it. It's the same in any election. My preferred candidate might not win, because other people have a differing point of view. Many of your points in your lengthy email likely were looked at prior to the final jersey design. In no way does it make sense they release their every thought. CP is a passionate fan base, but it doesn't represent all Calgary Flames fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
Old 06-19-2017, 10:47 AM   #567
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Like, why don't they survey their fans to see what we want? What would they have to lose?
You're going to be choked when your parents buy you one.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:48 AM   #568
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
You're going to be choked when your parents buy you one.
Dude, I'm not twelve. I buy my own jerseys

Old 06-19-2017, 10:49 AM   #569
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Funny story.

I sent a dissatisfied email to Ken King many many years ago about the state of the Flames when I thought it would actually do something. A few months ago, I got an email notification saying somebody I knew just created an instagram profile with that email.

https://www.instagram.com/kkinghorsewhisper/
Old 06-19-2017, 11:02 AM   #570
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

From what I can tell, almost nobody is changing their jerseys. Outside of going to the retros, I am glad there is no change. Like the current jersey or not (and really, they are good, not retro good, but good, patches be damned) it's even more bush league to change your jersey every few years.

My guess though is that Adidas is coming out with these for now, and people will want the current jersey so the sales will be good. Then the alternates will come out and sales will be crazy good. Then teams will start making changes to their home and away and even more sales!
Old 06-19-2017, 11:03 AM   #571
Canuck-Hater
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Its just amazing how out of touch this organization is with its fanbase. I guess its only a jersey but jeez the flags gotta go. Are we gonna put BC flags on the Canucks shoulder patches? or how about an Ontario flag on the Senators uniforms... Its just makes no sense. I'm a bit disappointed, its just looks so outdated.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:06 AM   #572
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
From what I can tell, almost nobody is changing their jerseys. Outside of going to the retros, I am glad there is no change. Like the current jersey or not (and really, they are good, not retro good, but good, patches be damned) it's even more bush league to change your jersey every few years.

My guess though is that Adidas is coming out with these for now, and people will want the current jersey so the sales will be good. Then the alternates will come out and sales will be crazy good. Then teams will start making changes to their home and away and even more sales!
Minnesota and Edmonton are getting significant changes, I don't see why the Flames couldn't get a simple update, especially since we've had this terrible designs for 10 years now.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:09 AM   #573
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

My best attempt at a photoshop.

Last edited by topfiverecords; 06-19-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:10 AM   #574
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Switch the 'Adidas' in your post to 'Reebok' and we're back in 2007. Why didn't the Flames do what you say in your post then? Because CSEC is stubborn. The Flames were one of like four teams to stick with their original Reebok design for the entire 10 years, they aren't going to change them now.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:11 AM   #575
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I feel like a decade is long enough that the Flames is past the bush league status to change their uniforms.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:12 AM   #576
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
My best attempt at a photoshop.
I don't hate that
Old 06-19-2017, 11:12 AM   #577
Zarley
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
They're really not. The uniform as a whole is very poorly designed - the only redeeming factor is the strength of the Flaming C as a primary logo.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:13 AM   #578
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
I don't hate that
Agreed. It isn't awful. But the Flames have a way better design in their back pocket that for some reason they refuse to use, and it's infuriating.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:16 AM   #579
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

New design using original colours = take my money immediately
New design using black C = let me see it first, but you've got my attention
Flags = (crickets)

I can't believe how out of touch they are. They are getting slammed on social media, so the idea that this forum is an isolated bubble of hockey fashionistas is simply not true. The flags are terrible, but carrying them forward when they an had a real opportunity to actually redesign the jerseys is an amazing failure in design and marketing. Even if you are indifferent to the flags, surely the time has come to let them go - they've had their decade.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:28 AM   #580
JurassicTunga12
Franchise Player

Exp:

wow. so stupid. Pretty much no changes at all? hahah. It's funny they're trying hyping this up. Seeing some other teams getting some new shoulder patches at least. The Flames don't bother. Get outta here.

For the love of god AT LEAST get rid of the piping.
Closed Thread