Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2014, 07:23 PM   #1
WCW Nitro
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default The Flash-TV series

Didn't see a thread for this, was curious as to what people thought of the premiere. I personally thought it was awesome!
WCW Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WCW Nitro For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2014, 09:45 PM   #2
Monahan23
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I really liked it. A lot of fun which the Flash needs. Similar writing to Arrow but lighter.
Monahan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:14 PM   #3
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Wow...this wins the comic wars against Gotham. I loved all the little Easter eggs I saw. Can't wait to see more!
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CMPunk For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 10-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #4
fatso
First Line Centre

Exp:

wow - I was kind of on the fence about this one. I'm not really that interested in The Flash as a character. But I'll definitely check it out. As I said elsewhere, I'm into Arrow and I know it's the same production team. Thanks for the recommendation.

The great CP is in dire need of prunes!
"That's because the productive part of society is adverse to giving up all their wealth so you libs can conduct your social experiments. Experience tells us your a bunch of snake oil salesman...Sucks to be you.
" ~Calgaryborn 12/06/09 keeping it really stupid!
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:30 AM   #5
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Last night's episode was the best of the series. I won't spoil anything for people who haven't watched it yet but it gave the fans a little bit of everything and sets up a hopefully great 8 more episodes.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:33 AM   #6
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Are many people watching this? I haven't watched it religiously, but I have tried to follow along. IMO its as good or better than SHIELD. The crossovers with Arrow are great as well.

Last nights episode was a really good one.

The TV special effects of the superhero genre have come a long way since Smallville.
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sa226 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2015, 09:35 AM   #7
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

My friend was in Japan when a earthquake simultaneously hit as Grodd was introduced, he said that was the best cinematic experience he's had.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:19 AM   #8
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa226 View Post
Are many people watching this? I haven't watched it religiously, but I have tried to follow along. IMO its as good or better than SHIELD. The crossovers with Arrow are great as well.

Last nights episode was a really good one.

The TV special effects of the superhero genre have come a long way since Smallville.
Last nights episode wasn't really good... it was really great! Everything about it (plot wise) is going to be undone next episode but really good performances.

It's easily better then SHIELD (which has been disappointing the last few episodes... a pity since I was really stoked after "What We Become"). I put it (Flash) a notch below Arrow personally. Scuttlebut has it that they're going to do an Atom/Firestorm combo spinoff show. Gotta hand it to DC, as much as their cinematic universe looks like a clusterfudge they're killing it on TV.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:30 PM   #9
The Goon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The scene with Wells and Cisco was just amazing. Never would have thought Tom Cavanagh (I mean he's ED for Pete's sake) could pull off this character.
We may curse our bad luck that it's sounds like its; who's sounds like whose; they're sounds like their (and there); and you're sounds like your. But if we are grown-ups who have been through full-time education, we have no excuse for muddling them up.
The Goon is offline   Reply With Quote