Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2024, 10:25 AM   #1261
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
but at least I am willing to give him a chance to speak. Silencing everyone who you don't agree with on one select topic of conversation eliminates your ability to hear anything of value on other topics. It's narrowminded and self-centered as the things you hate about him.
Yeah, you're still open to hearing him speak?

After he's accused the prime minister of being a pedophile? Accused the prime minister of purposely starting forest fires? Stating that any scientist who publishes climate change data is lying and part of a conspiracy? Claims that the vaccine was developed to kill people as part of a global conspiracy to control population? Stated that 5 min cities are a method to imprison and control people.

I think we have enough information to conclude he's ####ing nuts and anything he says is so crazy that it has no value.

And I think you're either missing an important point or purposely ignoring it. He can speak at any type of event he wants, I would argue he should be on a sidewalk screaming and foaming at the mouth and that's where be belongs. When it's attached to a scientific organization, Theo has no business being there, he lives in a paranoid fantasy world and has no respect for science. All of his loopy statements are so incredibly unscientific.

What are you talking about? What's the motivation for bending over backwards to give this lunatic any chance to open his yap? The loonies had the past 3 years to run wild with all their stupid ideas and nonsense, it's enough.
Engine09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 10:28 AM   #1262
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It's what I literally did when I read it.
You also didn't attempt to address his point at all.
Do you not see why people supporting an organization that is science based, either as a member or by attending this event, are challenging why they are paying a speaker who has spewed anti-science nonsense for the last few years?

Last edited by Jiri Hrdina; 04-05-2024 at 10:34 AM.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 11:01 AM   #1263
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
You also didn't attempt to address his point at all.
Do you not see why people supporting an organization that is science based, either as a member or by attending this event, are challenging why they are paying a speaker who has spewed anti-science nonsense for the last few years?
He isn't there (they claim) to speak about science or technical topics. He is there to talk about sexual assault, addiction and mental health.

Sucks he's red-pilled and a dick head, but he can still have value speaking on those topics.

That being said, I do agree, ASET is stupid for having him there. But the over the top protestations of outrage were just a bit much.

Maybe having him in a room with a bunch of educated technical professionals who can give him accurate rebuttals on his pickled fantasies could be a positive thing for the guy. Walling him off and calling him crazy doesn't help anyone. It's that kind of polarized mindset that keeps everyone at each others throats.

Last edited by Wastedyouth; 04-05-2024 at 11:03 AM.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 11:44 AM   #1264
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
He isn't there (they claim) to speak about science or technical topics. He is there to talk about sexual assault, addiction and mental health.

Sucks he's red-pilled and a dick head, but he can still have value speaking on those topics.

That being said, I do agree, ASET is stupid for having him there. But the over the top protestations of outrage were just a bit much.

Maybe having him in a room with a bunch of educated technical professionals who can give him accurate rebuttals on his pickled fantasies could be a positive thing for the guy. Walling him off and calling him crazy doesn't help anyone. It's that kind of polarized mindset that keeps everyone at each others throats.
Ahaha! You are either being incredibly naive or disingenuously looking for a justification that this is fine. Nobody is convincing Theo of anything, other than crazy people.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2024, 12:31 PM   #1265
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

"I don't understand why the members of this synagogue are so upset about inviting a self-proclaimed neo-nazi to speak! He just wants to talk to them about family values, which he seems to know about. Perhaps if these Jewish people talked to the nazi, he would see the errors of his ways!"

Wasted Youth, probably.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2024, 01:10 PM   #1266
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

It is still valid to question why a science based organization is bringing in someone who is anti-science.

Moreover what are the over the top protestations of outrage you are referring to? Specific examples from this thread please.

Last edited by Jiri Hrdina; 04-05-2024 at 05:02 PM.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2024, 05:01 PM   #1267
Whynotnow
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine09 View Post
No response from ASET after my 2nd email.

It was quite a wacky list of behavior I sent, I'm sure they're still processing.
No response from mine either.
Whynotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 05:30 PM   #1268
Faust
Scoring Winger

Exp:

@TheoFleury14

Forwarding for your information.
#
This email is only for CANADA.# We have been asked to share the following information by a fellow Canadian in case you aren't aware and want to take ACTION.##
#
Please feel free to share this with other Canadians
#
The federal government has quietly begun the creation of Personal Information Banks (PIB) to collect and store data on Canadians. We were not consulted nor informed about the creation or existence of these databases and they are being collected without our permission or knowledge. Categories of information include biometrics (DNA, blood type, eye/facial scan, fingerprints, etc), personal biography, medical history, financial history, credit information, opinions or views of or about individuals, and much more.
#
Here is a link to the government website describing the PIBs. Scroll to the last section for Categories of Information:
canada.ca/en/treasury-bo…
#
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has quietly added it to their Privacy Termsso that in order to submit an application for benefits, such as the One-Time Housing Top Up they started offering in December, you must click that you agree to terms including "...being described in Personal Information Bank (under development)" in order to submit your application. It is also a term in the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) application. It quite likely will be a term for submitting your income tax return, so read those Privacy Terms when filing your taxes this year!
#
The federal government is using the federal health transfers to bribe the premiers to adopt a Big Tech-style data-for-services health care system. This means that your personal health records that used to be private and confidential between you and your doctor will now be entered into the PIBs to be shared between the federal government, their stakeholders, and whoever else they decide can have access to it. (Such as WEF, WHO)
#
They lay it all out in their Departmental Plan for Health Canada 2022/23. There is no mention of hiring health care workers. It's all data, digitization, AI, vaccines and so on.
canada.ca/en/health-cana…
#
This is a big deal. Now is the time to make some noise. If you have a podcast, a following, a blog, a friend, please get the word out. Flood the PM, the premiers, the ministers, the CRA, anyone you can think of, with letters and phone calls. Consider sending a letter in lieu of a tax return if you are in a position to do so, or other civil disobedience. They do not have the right to just start stealing our personal information and using our own tax dollars to bribe us into compliance. What they do have is a lot of nerve!

https://x.com/theofleury14/status/17...879494293?s=61
Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 05:56 PM   #1269
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The nerve! That's gotta be the worst part, right?
Old 04-07-2024, 11:08 PM   #1270
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

“Consider sending a letter in lieu of a tax return”

Good luck with that, free people on the land.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2024, 12:27 AM   #1271
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

"These databases are being collected without our permission or knowledge"

Oh no, so much for that..

Shouldn't have put it on their website I guess.
TrentCrimmIndependent is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrentCrimmIndependent For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2024, 08:48 AM   #1272
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust View Post
@TheoFleury14
The federal government has quietly begun the creation of Personal Information Banks (PIB) to collect and store data on Canadians. We were not consulted nor informed about the creation or existence of these databases and they are being collected without our permission or knowledge. Categories of information include biometrics (DNA, blood type, eye/facial scan, fingerprints, etc), personal biography, medical history, financial history, credit information, opinions or views of or about individuals, and much more.
So. Fleury is a nutbar. We all know that, so lets just get it out of the way.

I think the Government has had 'Personal Information Banks' in some sense, on citizens since...I want to say like maybe the early 90s?

For the most part it essentially was just Fintrac, it expanded after a while because....I think having a central database for people actually helps them for the most part? Especially people with Health concerns?

For instance, Albertan goes to visit Family in Ontario, gets sick...."Oh look! All your Health info!"

DNA....I think thats only problematic if there become insurance concerns, but I dont know enough about that to really comment.

Blood Type? I dont see a problem with that. I dont even know my own blood type. Who would care? Why? And if some stranger knew what my blood type was? So what?

Facial/Eye scan, etc. So what?

I pity the poor bastard in the basement of some Government building who has been set the task of compiling my Personal Biography, presumably so Justin can kick back in his easy-chair by the fireplace in his home, presumably within the realm of the Laurentian Elites, with a glass of brandy and peruse the life-story of Locke...that Tax Guy from Calgary.

I'm sure its riveting stuff. A real page-turner.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2024, 09:22 AM   #1273
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Has technology developed to the point where they can identify those of us with lizard blood?
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 09:24 AM   #1274
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D as in David View Post
Has technology developed to the point where they can identify those of us with lizard blood?
I could conclusively tell you that it has not. I could tell you that...but then I'd be saying too much.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 04-08-2024, 09:27 AM   #1275
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I could conclusively tell you that it has not. I could tell you that...but then I'd be saying too much.
Oh good. Stand down the space laser.

For now.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 09:35 AM   #1276
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D as in David View Post
Oh good. Stand down the space laser.

For now.
Mr. Fleury mustn't know of the Space Laser.

Old 04-08-2024, 09:36 AM   #1277
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just wait until Theo hears that AirMiles is not just a benevolent company that wants to give you free flights and clock radios but instead is using your personal information and correlating it with your shopping activity and spending habits and sharing that information.

Drivers licenses are just a clever ruse to get your eye colour so that it can be shared with the WEF.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 09:39 AM   #1278
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
Just wait until Theo hears that AirMiles is not just a benevolent company that wants to give you free flights and clock radios but instead is using your personal information and correlating it with your shopping activity and spending habits and sharing that information.
Are you insinuating that AirMiles is more insidious, powerful and dangerous than our Space Laser that totally doesnt exist and is not operated by being hooked up to a sweet, sweet clock radio...?

"I got you babe...."

Oh no! Its begun!

Old 04-08-2024, 09:39 AM   #1279
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I were a scammer I'd target these morons so hard. Just the most gullible idiots on the planet.
Old 04-08-2024, 09:47 AM   #1280
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
If I were a scammer I'd target these morons so hard. Just the most gullible idiots on the planet.
Welcome to the lucrative economy of right wing fundraising grifts! The segment is fairly crowded, but it seems far from reaching saturation.
Jimmy Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post: