Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2017, 06:45 PM   #241
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

It baffles me as to how little accolades Monahan gets thrown his way - even from this very fanbase. Monahan is absolutely clutch, and is a game-breaker - I love this kid.

Flames looked a lot better against the Blues than they have in the past, but the Blues are also a smaller team this year than in previous seasons. That's ok though - they are still one of the league's measuring sticks in terms of size and skill. Flames battled them well, and didn't look like they were getting run over at any time.

I am with some of the posters here - Chicago is not scary for the Flames. Good team? You bet - one of the NHL's elite teams for sure. I just don't really fear them. Flames have a decent track record over them in the last few seasons, so I am all up for a Chicago-Calgary matchup. The only team I really don't want to see in the west is actually St. Louis - even if Calgary wins that series, they would probably be fairly banged-up.

I don't even care about Anaheim - that Honda Center curse will be broken next game. Besides, it is only a regular season curse anyways

I like the Flames chances this spring. I don't think they will be an 'easy out' for anyone, and who knows what kind of a run they can manage to put up. I am not circling them as a favorite or anything, but I like teams that are running hot into the playoffs, and I would feel more comfortable putting money on them than say a Sharks or Wild team that look disjointed at the moment. Perhaps this is the season they launch themselves into the playoffs and turn into contenders, and not look back until the team finds itself in the need of another rebuild in a decade?

Hmm... getting ahead of myself here. Just hoping they crush their enemies, see them driven out of the playoffs before them, and hear the lamentations of their fanbases.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2017, 07:53 PM   #242
trublmaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

^^ anything can happen in the playoffs we're taking it all
trublmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:23 PM   #243
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nammer403 View Post
Lol Flamesnation was very proud of this picture

https://twitter.com/flamesnation/sta...78310017703937
Did they make it? So even more people are to blame for this?
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:40 PM   #244
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
It baffles me as to how little accolades Monahan gets thrown his way - even from this very fanbase. Monahan is absolutely clutch, and is a game-breaker - I love this kid.
It's the way he goes about his business, nothing flashy, doesn't seem to even matter most of the game until it's in the net. Only then when people see the replay do they say wow! what a great shot or play by Monahan.

Even now after four years some fans would still drop him for MacKinnon (Mr. #inconsistency) or Barkov (Mr. #madeofglass) despite crushing both in scoring since their draft.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote