Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #21
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

I did Xbox Music. $9.99/month for unlimited streaming. Works on PC, Mac (using the browser), web browser (http://music.xbox.com) Windows Phone, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Android, and iOS.

Presumably you could even use it on a PS3 and PS4 through a web browser, though I haven't tried it.

Functionality? Syncs your playlists, has a 'radio' feature, any music you add to your collection on your mobile device can be automatically downloaded to your PC, any downloaded music on your PC (MP3s, etc.) will be indexed and synced with your 'cloud collection'. I have just around 36 GB of music. If I want to listen to something I downloaded at home, Xbox Music already knows about it and shows it in my collection on my phone. If you use it on the Xbox console, it'll play music videos for songs when/where available.

I also have a Grooveshark membership that I bought way back when for only $3/month before the price went up, but I don't use it much.

On the subject of quality, the **only** time I've heard a difference when talking about CD audio vs DVD audio is when The Eagles released "Hell Freezes Over" in DTS 5.1, and there's an obvious explanation for that... it's using all five channels. When it comes to two-channel audio, high-bitrate MP3 vs FLAC is indistinguishable if the human ear is your measuring instrument of choice.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:59 PM   #22
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I do have a 160 GB iPad classic and I want to keep my CDs for vehicle listening. Sounds like iTunes is the way to go. Thanks for all the info.

Last edited by Displaced Flames fan; 08-09-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Displaced Flames fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #23
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

I agree with the iPod classic. I still use mine a lot as well.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:04 AM   #24
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
I prefer listening to CD's in my vehicle and have a CD wallet to store my CD's or burned discs in.

All of my music (89.8 GB) is stored on my computer as WAV files and I have then categorised by genre. When I need to make compilation discs I use Roxio Creater to burn my music and then save my playlist in a separate folder.
Geez, at least convert those .wav files to .flac (also lossless) and get 30%-50% of that drive space back.
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bobblehead For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2014, 06:53 PM   #25
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
I agree with the iPod classic. I still use mine a lot as well.
I use mine at work and get laughed at a lot. (Everyone assumes it's a relic, when it's a year old).

Love it. Long battery life, don't need to kill my phone, and tons of storage. I'll be disappointed when they quit making the classic.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote