Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-21-2017, 03:28 PM   #2121
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InBurkeWeTrust View Post
You don't really use Blissey to attack. They are used for defending in gyms

I gained about 800-850k this event, but I didn't really play a hell of a lot.

I knew some people that gained over 4.5million exp
Yeah. You don't use Blissey to attack because it sucks as attacker.
If you have to candy to Max out Blissey, it's all good. You'll have to hatch about 8 Chancy though, or have caught 40 of them during Valentine's event. Otherwise he just caps off bottom of gym and gets booted out all the time.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:49 PM   #2122
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
So I use IVfly (used to be called IVstats) on android to check my mons IV%. I got a pop-up this morning that said

Anyone else had this message? Could the IVfly app be the cause of this message? What are other methods of determining IV%?
Calcy IV might be a better app that works entirely by screenshot without interacting with your pogo app. Maybe try that instead?
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2017, 12:56 AM   #2123
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Update - Pokedex 218

Still Need:

Bayleef (4 candies)
Meganium (100 45 candies)
Typhosion (92 candies)
Togepi
Togetic
Flaaffy (19 candies)
Ampharos (100? Candies)
Unown
Forretress (17 candies)
Scizor (Metal coat and 10 candies)
Houndour
Houndoom
Porygon 2 (upgrade)
Militank
Blissey (3 candies)
Larvitar
Pupitar
Tyranitar[/QUOTE]

Last edited by You Need a Thneed; 04-23-2017 at 12:58 AM.
You Need a Thneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 03:15 PM   #2124
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

All work, no play.
Hatched a Larvitar
Pokedex 230
Unown
Tyrogue
Tyranitar - 12 candy
Old 04-23-2017, 11:21 PM   #2125
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

From my 7 day bonus pokestop today, I got a metal coat and evolved a Scizor.

Then this evening, I randomly got an upgrade, to get my Porygon2.

15 minutes later I got a kings rock, an upgrade, and a max revive from the same Pokestop.

4 total evolution items today, including 3 in 15 minutes (over 3 pokestops), and 2 out of one pokestop.

Pokedex now 220.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:52 PM   #2126
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

We're losing interest again since the gyms we frequent and typically own are being targeted by location spoofers. Cheaters take them down remotely, we've been on site to witness some of their antics and report it but Niantic don't seem to be doing anything about it. It's too frustrating. The cheaters are winning.
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Southside For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2017, 04:08 AM   #2127
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside View Post
We're losing interest again since the gyms we frequent and typically own are being targeted by location spoofers. Cheaters take them down remotely, we've been on site to witness some of their antics and report it but Niantic don't seem to be doing anything about it. It's too frustrating. The cheaters are winning.
Agreed.
Though what I have found is that they lose interest relatively soon if a guy stays on top of them. What we have also done is target them. Use gymhuntr.com and drive them out of the area, not just gyms we frequent. Usually after 2 or 3 days they move along. Still really annoying.

Last edited by EldrickOnIce; 04-28-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:14 AM   #2128
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not sure how gym defending works. I want to get into a local level 10 gym, is there a way to force out some of the lower defenders on a level 10 gym so I can put my own in? Do I have to go through the entire stack and win before there will be an open slot for me?

I see some gyms with full stacks of level 10 all CP 3000+ and I don't see how that works.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:35 PM   #2129
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
I'm not sure how gym defending works. I want to get into a local level 10 gym, is there a way to force out some of the lower defenders on a level 10 gym so I can put my own in? Do I have to go through the entire stack and win before there will be an open slot for me?

I see some gyms with full stacks of level 10 all CP 3000+ and I don't see how that works.
You'll need to wait until another team knocks the level down to get in if it's already a level 10.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:41 PM   #2130
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

There's a slimy tactic some people use called "shaving". They'll have a second account on a different team that they use to knock down a gym of their own team just low enough to cut off the lowest Pokemon. They then prestige it back up on their real account and put their own Pokemon in. It's against the TOS and looked down upon by the community, but it still happens all the time.
Aegypticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:40 PM   #2131
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegypticus View Post
There's a slimy tactic some people use called "shaving". They'll have a second account on a different team that they use to knock down a gym of their own team just low enough to cut off the lowest Pokemon. They then prestige it back up on their real account and put their own Pokemon in. It's against the TOS and looked down upon by the community, but it still happens all the time.
Likely any gym where the lowest Pokemon out of 10 is 2800+ CP, I'd say it's nearly a certainty that this has happened.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:49 PM   #2132
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
Likely any gym where the lowest Pokemon out of 10 is 2800+ CP, I'd say it's nearly a certainty that this has happened.
True. It's also one of those thing that can be hard to spot since sometimes people may start to legitimately attack a gym, quickly knock off the garbage on the bottom, then give up when they hit a Blissey or something, then someone rolls by and puts a real Pokemon in.

Regardless of how it happens, gyms are terrible right now. Can't wait for the gym shakeup, whenever it's coming, although it looks like I might be hitting the point where I can compete in the current meta around the time that happens. C'est la vie.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:04 PM   #2133
IgnitedSoul
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

For those who may need one, Olympic Plaza looks to be a Shuckle nest right now.
IgnitedSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:43 AM   #2134
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Level 33 - 670,000/1,000,000

Pokedex 230

Ampharos (73 candy)
Slowking (King's Rock)
Unown
Miltank

Last edited by malcolmk14; 05-01-2017 at 07:48 AM.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:35 AM   #2135
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnitedSoul View Post
For those who may need one, Olympic Plaza looks to be a Shuckle nest right now.
Edworthy Park is littered with them as well. Took the dog for a walk there and came away with 7.
Flaming Choy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flaming Choy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2017, 01:07 PM   #2136
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Agreed.
Though what I have found is that they lose interest relatively soon if a guy stays on top of them. What we have also done is target them. Use gymhuntr.com and drive them out of the area, not just gyms we frequent. Usually after 2 or 3 days they move along. Still really annoying.
We're being trolled now. In a way it's funny, they will take the gyms down and leave crappy little mons like rattata and pidgey in it. In all honesty they're making Niantic look foolish too. We just can't understand why after so many reports Niantic has done nothing. So many people have caught them and reported them that it has become obvious that Niantic is either overwhelmed with cheaters, powerless to investigate them or just plain uninterested in policing their game.

Some of the location spoofers like to take gyms down and leave them neutral too. So, you can't tell who took it down, but surely Niantic can?

All-in-all, we're likely to take a break until they figure this out or advance the game. It's not worth the effort when the deck is stacked against you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Southside For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2017, 08:14 AM   #2137
InBurkeWeTrust
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I'm having my little battle with Mystic in the NW.. they aren't too happy with my team right now sorry if you are with them lol
InBurkeWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:17 AM   #2138
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Someone is doing a lot of disruption in the NW right now, especially in the Panorama/Evanston/Country hills area. We used to be stuck with tons of level 10 Valor gyms that all had minimum CPs of 2800+ but now it's a free for all with gyms changing all the time.

I'm glad since I'm only level 28 Mystic so I have some chance of putting something in a gym now. Not sure if it's part of the spoof thing or not, but at least I can get a couple of coins here and there vs. before where it would always be stagnant level 30+ that take the lions share of everything.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:50 AM   #2139
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm in the South. Interesting.

We know a lot of the damage being done in our area is location spoofers. We've caught them in the act.

For the most part, I think the main guys doing it are trolling everyone. A gym will get levelled up, they'll go in and take it down, often leaving it neutral. The gym will go back and forth between teams and bounce around from level 3-6. Eventually within a few days it might get levelled right up, only to be taken down by the spoofers again.

Clearly they're having fun with it. It's frustrating though. I'm not sure what Niantic has in store for a gym re-work, but, if they can't deal with the cheaters, what does it matter?
Old 05-03-2017, 11:22 AM   #2140
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Funny enough I've gotten my highest CP Pokemon (a Gyarados) into a stable gym for the first time ever. Will be two full days with no movement later today. Maybe it's not a ton, but it's a small start.

I'm hoping to get some other decent defenders up to a useable point soon. Will be able to evolve a Blissey soon, but it will only be 1700ish CP when I finish walking for 50 candy, so might not be good enough.

I'd love to find some more Dratinis. Not even close to having a Dragonite yet. Maybe the nest migration later today will smile on me. I know of about a half dozen nests within a short walk from my house, but they've been pretty underwhelming. Best one lately was a Mankey nest. Caught enough to evolve 2 Primeapes if I wanted to by just catching whatever was there when I was passing by.

I hope you all enjoyed my rambling thoughts about the game for today.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aegypticus For This Useful Post: