Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-27-2017, 08:05 AM   #921
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Totally, but still amusing. Even if we consider that BOTW is the only system seller right now (until tomorrow, at least), a 101% attach rate is absurd.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:16 AM   #922
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

For the star fragments, last night I saw a spot glowing in the distance at night. I ran for it in a direct line pretty much as direct as I could but by the time I got there it was daytime and the glow was gone. If I had travelled to a shrine closer to it, would it have disappeared? Does fast travel skip time?
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:20 AM   #923
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
For the star fragments, last night I saw a spot glowing in the distance at night. I ran for it in a direct line pretty much as direct as I could but by the time I got there it was daytime and the glow was gone. If I had travelled to a shrine closer to it, would it have disappeared? Does fast travel skip time?
Fast travel doesn't skip time so yeah travel to a shrine or tower close to it to get there. They disappear at dawn I think. I also read that supposedly if you set a campfire and sleep till night the "dawn" event doesn't trigger so they'll still be there, though I haven't tried that.

You can get them from killing Lynels as well, though I've only got 2 and have killed quite a few.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 08:38 AM   #924
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Star fragment farming

Personally though, I think you guys are nuts. I just picked up the two I needed from questing to upgrade the ancient helm and pants. Ain't got time for the rest.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:53 AM   #925
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't plan on farming, I just wanted to figure out how to actually grab one if I saw it come down.

I still haven't gone to the last ancient beast. I keep getting distracted wandering around and doing side quests as I come across them, so I've mostly been finding shrines and fighting bad hombres when I come across them. I'd like to have more korok seeds, but I'm not going to go korok hunting. I'm at about 87 shrines and 120 seeds.

I'm in no rush to finish the game as I don't see a lot that interests me before Mario. And I'm not at all bored of it.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:35 AM   #926
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

To grab one, you need only to get to it before sunrise.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:41 AM   #927
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are these star fragments things that glow in a greenish colour off in the distance? I spotted something last night on a mountain and made a point of exploring it, but I'll probably run out of time if it disappears by dawn.
Jimmy Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:15 AM   #928
photon

Exp:

No that greenish glow on top of the mountain is something else, check it out if you can it's pretty cool.

Star fragments look like a meteorite falling, then there'll be a bright yellow shaft of light where they land until dawn.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 11:28 AM   #929
photon

Exp:

Listening to some of the Super Mario Galaxy soundtrack, I would love a remake of this game on the Switch. EDIT: I guess that might be difficult given the Wii controls.

EDIT:
Old 04-27-2017, 12:00 PM   #930
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Listening to some of the Super Mario Galaxy soundtrack, I would love a remake of this game on the Switch. EDIT: I guess that might be difficult given the Wii controls.
Honestly I don't think it would be very hard to make it work on a normal controller. The Wii remote motion controls were used to shoot enemies with star bits or collect them on the screen, and shaking the remote made Mario spin. The enemies would be stunned for a short period by shooting them but that was basically it. Maybe I'm forgetting some star bit shooting puzzles or bosses but I can't remember any.

All you need to do is change the spin to a button press and make the star bits attract to Mario when he's nearby. Adjust the star bit requirements to unlock things to a slightly lower level to account for the ones that are far in the distance and can only be grabbed by a Wii remote pointing at the screen. Change the main menu to be a typical menu that doesn't need a pointer, and I think that would be it!
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 12:05 PM   #931
photon

Exp:

Done!
Old 04-27-2017, 12:06 PM   #932
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post

EDIT:
Everytime I see the Super Mario Galaxy text/logo, I can't unsee the starred letters for "U R MR GAY".
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:44 PM   #933
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been hoping for a Galaxy 1 & 2 HD collection since the Wii U came out. Would be incredible. They'd have to fiddle with it a bit to take out the motion controls but it's not that critical that it'd be super difficult or change the whole game.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:34 AM   #934
flambers
Franchise Player

Exp:

Curious if anyone has bought Mario Kart and tried it out?

I believe its released today.
flambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:44 AM   #935
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flambers View Post
Curious if anyone has bought Mario Kart and tried it out?

I believe its released today.
I've got it pre-ordered on Amazon as I'll be out of town this weekend anyway, so I figured I'd save the $16. I expect that it will show up on Monday/Tuesday.

The reviews that I have seen on YouTube have been really positive. As much as I am enjoying Zelda, I am looking forward to playing something different, and multiplayer with the separated joy-cons will be great when my nieces come over.
Jimmy Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2017, 08:18 AM   #936
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Picking it up after work. But I played a ton of the WiiU version. It's the best version of Mario Kart out there.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:35 AM   #937
photon

Exp:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2017, 08:55 AM   #938
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
Honestly I don't think it would be very hard to make it work on a normal controller. The Wii remote motion controls were used to shoot enemies with star bits or collect them on the screen, and shaking the remote made Mario spin. The enemies would be stunned for a short period by shooting them but that was basically it. Maybe I'm forgetting some star bit shooting puzzles or bosses but I can't remember any.

All you need to do is change the spin to a button press and make the star bits attract to Mario when he's nearby. Adjust the star bit requirements to unlock things to a slightly lower level to account for the ones that are far in the distance and can only be grabbed by a Wii remote pointing at the screen. Change the main menu to be a typical menu that doesn't need a pointer, and I think that would be it!
I just played through Galaxy on Dolphin using an Xbox controller and it plays fantastic. Mapping the right analog stick to the Wiimote IR lets you collect all star bits, and mapping the spin function to a button is much better than having to shake a controller all the time. The only hiccups I encountered were the levels where you have to have a Wiimote in an upright position to control a ball that Mario is riding (requiring a special controller config for those levels), but controls for that could be easily mapped to the analog stick on a Switch remaster
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2017, 09:22 AM   #939
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
I just played through Galaxy on Dolphin using an Xbox controller and it plays fantastic. Mapping the right analog stick to the Wiimote IR lets you collect all star bits, and mapping the spin function to a button is much better than having to shake a controller all the time. The only hiccups I encountered were the levels where you have to have a Wiimote in an upright position to control a ball that Mario is riding (requiring a special controller config for those levels), but controls for that could be easily mapped to the analog stick on a Switch remaster
They would probably just map it to the gyro in the right joy-con.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:31 AM   #940
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Switch is up on Amazon.ca
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote