Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2017, 04:04 AM   #141
flamesforcup
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Torontos the most overrated team ive ever seen. They have garbage defense and had everything go right for them this year. Next year they dont even sniff the playoffs 2014 Avs is their best comparison or 2015 Flames without adding Hamilton or Frolik.

Last edited by flamesforcup; 04-24-2017 at 04:38 AM.
flamesforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:10 AM   #142
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesforcup View Post
Torontos the most overrated team ive ever seen. They have garbage defense and had everything go right for them this year. Next year they dont even sniff the playoffs 2013 Avs is their best comparison or 2015 Flames without adding Hamilton or Frolik.
Hot take right here.

My hot take: The Flames suck. Swept.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:16 AM   #143
flamesforcup
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
Hot take right here.

My hot take: The Flames suck. Swept.
No need to be salty jus stating the truth. Enjoy golfing next year (like every other year with the Leafs) while Flames are in the playoffs again.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:25 AM   #144
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
No need to be salty jus stating the truth. Enjoy golfing next year (like every other year with the Leafs) while Flames are in the playoffs again.
My hope as a Leafs fan is that one day the Leafs can be a perennial playoff team like the current Flames. It isn't easy to reach the heights of the great Flames.
The Following User Says Thank You to savemedrzaius For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2017, 04:38 AM   #145
flamesforcup
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
My hope as a Leafs fan is that one day the Leafs can be a perennial playoff team like the current Flames. It isn't easy to reach the heights of the great Flames.
Ok my last post was a bit aggressive i appologize for that. While the Flames have been really dissapointing they have been many times better than the Leafs in the last 10-15 years.
Leafs have attrocious defense and 2 forwards (Marner and Nylander) who overachieved. We have seen it plenty of times where rookies do good in year 1 and never reach that level again. Plus Kadri will probably regress to a normal season for him and boom ur a bottom 10 finish again. Reminds me too much of the 2014 Avs
Old 04-24-2017, 04:52 AM   #146
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Ok my last post was a bit aggressive i appologize for that. While the Flames have been really dissapointing they have been many times better than the Leafs in the last 10-15 years.
Leafs have attrocious defense and 2 forwards (Marner and Nylander) who overachieved. We have seen it plenty of times where rookies do good in year 1 and never reach that level again. Plus Kadri will probably regress to a normal season for him and boom ur a bottom 10 finish again. Reminds me too much of the 2014 Avs
Marner and Nylander could regress. Kadri could regress too.

Tkachuk could regress. Backlund could regress too.

The Leafs are nothing like the Avs or the Flames. Their possession numbers are quite good and their PDO wasn't high.

How do the Leafs remind you of the 2014 Avs?
Old 04-24-2017, 04:56 AM   #147
flamesforcup
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Marner and Nylander could regress. Kadri could regress too.

Tkachuk could regress. Backlund could regress too.

The Leafs are nothing like the Avs or the Flames. Their possession numbers are quite good and their PDO wasn't high.

How do the Leafs remind you of the 2014 Avs?
FYI i expect Backlund and Tkachuk to take a step back unless Tkachuk improves drastically.

Avs had a great offense and mediocre defense. Gardiner is horrible defensivly and Rielly is meh. Zaitzev is the only respectable one there defensivlely. Matthews will probably be ppg but do u expect JVR Bozak and Kadri to all have career years again? And do u think Nylander and Marner will be able to overcome the sophomore slump?
Old 04-24-2017, 05:08 AM   #148
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
FYI i expect Backlund and Tkachuk to take a step back unless Tkachuk improves drastically.

Avs had a great offense and mediocre defense. Gardiner is horrible defensivly and Rielly is meh. Zaitzev is the only respectable one there defensivlely. Matthews will probably be ppg but do u expect JVR Bozak and Kadri to all have career years again? And do u think Nylander and Marner will be able to overcome the sophomore slump?
JVR and/or Bozak will likely be gone next year hopefully for a D-man.

Gardiner was probably the Leafs best D-man this year and Rielly was amazing in the playoffs. They need to add a Top 4 D and a bottom pairing guy.

And I don' understand you expect Tkachuk to take a step back unless he improves drastically?

I expect the Leafs to miss the playoffs next year unless they win the Atlantic.