Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2014, 06:49 PM   #741
gradin-23
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
What result? 3 staged fights and 2 other pairs of non-fighters fighting for the heck of it?

What does that have to do with the Sedins? Torts could have done whatever he wanted. The Flames were obviously trying to send a message, it's the same message every team is sending when they put out their fourth line, but it has never stopped Torts from playing his skill lines against them. It's been overblown, especially by Torts, because there's simply 0 proof the fourth line of the Flames would have fought anyone who didn't want to. Would they have hit hard if given the opportunity? Yes, because they do every time they are out there.
The result was 3-2.

It has nothing to do with "fighting". Even if Westgarth or McGratton took a run at a Sedin or anyone else it would have been a coaching failure. I like what Torts did and the "tone setters" were silent the rest of the night. I don't understand any degree of crying and whining by either side. NHL hockey is here to entertain me and it doesn't seem to be entertaining often enough. If the Canucks need to be classless jerky jerks jerking all over classy, well run sports franchises then so be it.

Entertain me.
gradin-23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:01 AM   #742
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradin-23 View Post
The result was 3-2.

If the Canucks need to be classless jerky jerks jerking all over classy, well run sports franchises then so be it.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the prototypical Vancouver Canucks fan!
longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:43 PM   #743
saXon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Found this little gem during a movie I was watching with my kids, called 'Free Birds.' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1621039/?ref_=nv_sr_1

A character was flipping though channels super quick and this was the half second shot that came up on one of the channels. I can't tell if it's Lou, Burrows, Kesler, or Bieksa. Either way, the pic suits them all.

Also, whos your guess for the bearded blonde dude? Maybe Higgens?

saXon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saXon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2014, 06:50 PM   #744
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like Hamhuis...

Not site about the bearded guy.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:31 PM   #745
gradin-23
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXon View Post
Either way, the pic suits them all.

Agreed, that jersey is a total giveaway.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:34 PM   #746
Zulu29
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The result was 3-2.

It has nothing to do with "fighting". Even if Westgarth or McGratton took a run at a Sedin or anyone else it would have been a coaching failure. I like what Torts did and the "tone setters" were silent the rest of the night. I don't understand any degree of crying and whining by either side. NHL hockey is here to entertain me and it doesn't seem to be entertaining often enough. If the Canucks need to be classless jerky jerks jerking all over classy, well run sports franchises then so be it.

Entertain me.
So basically Hartley should not have been fined because Tortorella is an idiot.
Zulu29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:55 PM   #747
gradin-23
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu29 View Post
So basically Hartley should not have been fined because Tortorella is an idiot.
Actually, he was fined because Torts is an idiot. We all know this is Vancouver's fault and that Calgary was just rewarding the 4th line for its great play.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:00 PM   #748
Zulu29
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Actually, he was fined because Torts is an idiot. We all know this is Vancouver's fault and that Calgary was just rewarding the 4th line for its great play.
Har Har. Hartley sent them out to send a message, he never saw a line brawl breaking out. Your idiotic idol Torts saw to that happening.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:16 PM   #749
gradin-23
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Har Har. Hartley sent them out to send a message, he never saw a line brawl breaking out. Your idiotic idol Torts saw to that happening.
What message? And why wouldn't the Canucks respond to that message? And why are fans crying about it?
Old 01-26-2014, 09:21 PM   #750
Zulu29
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What message? And why wouldn't the Canucks respond to that message? And why are fans crying about it?
Well, if I'm not mistaken, the previous two or three games Sestito et al were sent out to fight unwilling combatants and turfed. Now, I would assume Hartley knew this and put out McGrattan and Westgarth to send a message to Tortorella to not pull that crap again. I'm not crying, I thought it was great watching the Flames beat the tar out of your Canucks.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:23 PM   #751
gradin-23
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well, if I'm not mistaken, the previous two or three games Sestito et al were sent out to fight unwilling combatants and turfed. Now, I would assume Hartley knew this and put out McGrattan and Westgarth to send a message to Tortorella to not pull that crap again. I'm not crying, I thought it was great watching the Flames beat the tar out of your Canucks.
You are mistaken at least 2x in this post.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:35 PM   #752
Zulu29
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You are mistaken at least 2x in this post.
Enlighten me.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:38 PM   #753
Cole436
First Line Centre

Exp:

Stop feeding the troll.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:39 PM   #754
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Enlighten me.
You're expecting him to count twice...

Sorry to the dumb nuck fan, your troll like coach was absolutely embarrassed by Bob.

What makes it even better is watching Bieska "taking one for the team" by not fighting westgarth and letting the rookie he was taking it from fight for him. Then Bieska gets taken down by Smid... LOL
Old 01-26-2014, 09:46 PM   #755
gradin-23
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Enlighten me.
Sure.

I assume the first fear was Sestito / Nolan. Nolan took a long run at Henrik and missed for the most part but stuck out his leg. Sestito did his job, Nolan turned and cowered but got what was coming.

The next horrible attack was Sestito / Jackman. They had already fought. Then after a whistle Sestito clears out the crease and Jackman comes at him with his stick up. The score is 7-1. Jackman turtles.

In either case you would have felt a Flames player was perfectly within his right to do what the Canucks did.

Hansen "fighting" Vatanen is meaningless. But neither happened because a guy was "sent out" to do anything.

As for the Flames beating up the Canucks, sure. Whatever gets you through the day. Was it Bieksa slipping on a stick or McGratton spitting blood an hour later than convinced you? Somebody has to lose a fight for someone to have won.

More weak hockey fans suffered injuries fighting their keyboard warrior lives than players did in any of these fights. Kleenex sales doubled, and not for the good reason.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:50 PM   #756
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Why can't Harley start his 4th line energy guys when the team was playing like crap? Why would he reward his top lines that aren't playing well by starting a highly televised game?

Start the game with energy.

That's not a bad coaching move at all.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #757
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Sure.

I assume the first fear was Sestito / Nolan. Nolan took a long run at Henrik and missed for the most part but stuck out his leg. Sestito did his job, Nolan turned and cowered but got what was coming.

The next horrible attack was Sestito / Jackman. They had already fought. Then after a whistle Sestito clears out the crease and Jackman comes at him with his stick up. The score is 7-1. Jackman turtles.

In either case you would have felt a Flames player was perfectly within his right to do what the Canucks did.

Hansen "fighting" Vatanen is meaningless. But neither happened because a guy was "sent out" to do anything.

As for the Flames beating up the Canucks, sure. Whatever gets you through the day. Was it Bieksa slipping on a stick or McGratton spitting blood an hour later than convinced you? Somebody has to lose a fight for someone to have won.

More weak hockey fans suffered injuries fighting their keyboard warrior lives than players did in any of these fights. Kleenex sales doubled, and not for the good reason.
Can you cite sources for:

- McGratton spitting blood for an hour
- Any human vs keyboard fights, let alone the increase in injuries as a result of Hockey Day in Canada
- Where you saw Kleenex sales doubled, and do you have statistics for other brands of facial tissue as well? Also toilet paper is a substitute product for facial tissues, how were their numbers affected by the line brawl?

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2014, 10:00 PM   #758
gradin-23
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
Can you cite sources for:

- McGratton spitting blood for an hour
- Any human vs keyboard fights, let alone the increase in injuries as a result of Hockey Day in Canada
- Where you saw Kleenex sales doubled, and do you have statistics for other brands of facial tissue as well? Also toilet paper is a substitute product for facial tissues, how were their numbers affected by the line brawl?
Watched him spitting blood and changing his jersey the 3rd time.
Speculation and 38 pages of warrioring on this site alone.
Admittedly, I have been branded. I use the term Kleenex as a general term. I blame my parents. No idea on toilet paper; just based my estimates on the Dow.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:01 PM   #759
gradin-23
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
Why can't Hartley start his 4th line energy guys when the team was playing like crap? Why would he reward his top lines that aren't playing well by starting a highly televised game?

Start the game with energy.

That's not a bad coaching move at all.
No reason why he can't and the same goes for the Canucks.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:04 PM   #760
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

How you doin, Gradin-23?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote