Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum

Old 09-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #41
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hold on...when did Ranchman's become an eatery?
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #42
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

So what happens if two dogs decide to serenade everyone with a couple of minutes of barking.......

Good grief how much longer until people start asking to bring thier dogs to work because rover is lonely being at home all?
Old 09-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #43
Red Potato Standing By
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
So what happens if two dogs decide to serenade everyone with a couple of minutes of barking.......

Good grief how much longer until people start asking to bring thier dogs to work because rover is lonely being at home all?
Hey, I had to put up with people smoking for years at work, and those bring your kids to work days, geez don't get me started.... It is only fair that I can bring my dog to work..and because it's mine it definitely will be well behaved....
Red Potato Standing By is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #44
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
For years I had to put up with goddamn smokers or parents with screaming little brats at the table.... now perhaps its time they have to put up with my dog for a change, who I guarantee will be less offensive than smokers or rug rats.
What about those people that didn't goddamn smoke or have goddamn screaming little brats at the table? Is it really time that they have to put up with your dog "for a change"?

In those days, why didn't you just go somewhere else? I doubt it was the skin off anyone's ass if you weren't there.

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #45
Rerun
Often Thinks About Pickles

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RougeUnderoos View Post
What about those people that didn't goddamn smoke or have goddamn screaming little brats at the table? Is it really time that they have to put up with your dog "for a change"?

In those days, why didn't you just go somewhere else? I doubt it was the skin off anyone's ass if you weren't there.
Pretty tough back in the day to find someplace else that forbade smoking at the table or refused admission to children.

P.S. Sounds like I touched a bit of a live wire there. You're not one of those people that drags their rug rats to all sorts of places... even places that are obviously meant for adults only (fine dining establishments, etc.), are you?

Last edited by Rerun; 09-28-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Rerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:00 PM   #46
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rerun never had children and is bitter and resentful at those who have them. He fills the void of loneliness with his dog, which is why he wants them at restaurants with him.

Boom, instant shrink.

Last edited by J pold; 09-27-2012 at 11:22 PM.
J pold is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to J pold For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2012, 11:08 PM   #47
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Pretty tough back in the day to find someplace else that forbade smoking at the table or refused admission to children. So yes, I have a point and you are pointless.
Fair enough. I am sufficiently rebuked and I am sorry for my pointless-ness.

Although, having been in a place or two that refused admission to children, I have to wonder why it was ever hard for you find a similar place back in the day. We called them "bars". As a matter of fact, we still do.

By golly, I was just at one today. On the patio. Gotta love this Indian summer.

There wasn't a child or cigarette in sight, as crazy as that sounds. Although, if you were there with your dog, your revenge on the smoking/breeding crowd would have no doubt been sweet.

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RougeUnderoos For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #48
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

I loved going to places in Portland, Ore where dogs were at the patio. Nice to have a drink and to give a few pets to a cute pup.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:16 PM   #49
Kswiss
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Honestly, I think this is a STUPID idea...how can an animal even be allowed near human food in a public place...is Ranchmans just trying to be in the news?
Kswiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:42 AM   #50
Rerun

Exp:

Hey I don't understand why everyone is so upset about this. Its an OUTDOOR patio for crissakes. Don't like it? You've got thousands of other licensed establishments to chose from.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:44 AM   #51
Rerun

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J pold View Post
Rerun never had children and is bitter and resentful at those who have them. He fills the void of loneliness with his dog, which is why he wants them at restaurants with him.

Boom, instant shrink.
Thank you for your psychoanalysis Doctor J.

Last edited by Rerun; 09-28-2012 at 07:46 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rerun For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 07:43 AM   #52
SeeBass
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well it seems to work out in Paris, but what would they know about outdoor cafes.
SeeBass is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeeBass For This Useful Post:
Nyah, V
Old 09-28-2012, 07:50 AM   #53
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kswiss View Post
Honestly, I think this is a STUPID idea...how can an animal even be allowed near human food in a public place...is Ranchmans just trying to be in the news?
From CTV Calgary:

Quote:
"We had to make sure that no dogs had access to the food areas or the bars,” says Vanessa Woodman of Ranchman’s Cookhouse and Dancehall. “We put in new gates and they are lockable. We put up chicken wire fencing so no dogs can get out and cause havoc on the traffic or road."
Sounds to me like they're in a designated, contained section as they said on the news last night. If you don't like the idea of dogs around your food (even from a distance) - don't sit in that section. If you don't like the idea of dogs anywhere near you while you're having a beer - go to a different patio and stop making a big deal out of something that isn't a big deal. No one's forcing you to go to Ranchmans, and I highly doubt they're doing this to 'just make the news'...yeah, how dare they try to cater to dog owners! A lot of places are starting to do this with a lot of success. I really don't see why you would be so outraged.

Last edited by Nyah; 09-28-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nyah For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #54
Rerun

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
I don't think anyone is really giving a rats ass about this. Especially in this 'eatery'. They are most likely more arguing against you making this into a dog civil rights win or something.
I get your point. I guess I am just happy about this because of the countless times my wife and I have been out walking the dog on a hot sunny afternoon and we would have loved to be able to stop somewhere for a cool beer or two on an outdoor patio with our dog. Never could see the harm in it.

Just last weekend we went for a walk on 17th Ave SW and a few stores even encouraged us to come inside with our dog, but every patio bar refused to let us get a table as long as we had our dog with us. They expected us to tie him up to some light post, or something, on the street.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #55
brosnan
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBass View Post
Well it seems to work out in Paris, but what would they know about outdoor cafes.
Not that much, I'd guess
Old 09-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #56
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
Obviously that would not be tolerated by either staff or other patrons on patio. There will be rules in place. If the dog barks a couple of times then is quieted by it's owner, is that really that big of a deal? Personally, I'd rather a few barks than the squeals and tempertantrums from kids, both of which seem to be acceptable at restaurants. But that's just me...
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:12 AM   #57
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
They expected us to tie him up to some light post, or something, on the street.
And...

Sorry I don't own a dog, but what is the issue with tying a dog up outside a patio? It's a dog, not a baby.

For the record - I don't care if you have a dog or not. Unless you carry it in a purse or a bag or it has a sweater and or booties. Then it can just F### off

Last edited by Mean Mr. Mustard; 09-28-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:13 AM   #58
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Two things:

1. Who f'in eats at Ranchman's?

2. Some of you are blowing this hilariously out of proportion, to the point where I can only assume that you actively look for things to bitch about. You can have your dogs with you at pretty much any patio where I live, and they are almost exclusively tiny little patios jammed on the sidewalk, and I've never seen anything that any reasonable person would take issue with. I've seen things that unreasonable people could try to bitch about though, which I assume is what you guys are latching onto.
valo403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to valo403 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #59
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valo403 View Post
Two things:

1. Who f'in eats at Ranchman's?

Ranchmans 5 dollar steak sandwich and 2 dollar beers are the best pre game flames spot in town
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #60
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundmark19 View Post
Ranchmans 5 dollar steak sandwich and 2 dollar beers are the best pre game flames spot in town
Sorry, I've seen way too much vomit and other assorted things in that place to ever consider it a dining option (although I did go the Maid Downtown back in the day for lunch, so that may be a bit hypocritical).
valo403 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beer , coors , cowboys , cowgirls , dogs=awesome , gone to the dogs