Canucks fans are trashy and classless in Rogers Arena too
Reign of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #142
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Żoso View Post
Really, though. Name one other fanbase that makes up ~50% of the crowd wherever its team goes.
I see you've been drinking the Rider Kool-Aid (lime flavour I think).

"McMahon was over half Rider fans man!"

No it wasn't.
darockwilder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to darockwilder For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #143
EYE_Overstand
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
I can understand hating the Vancouver Canucks...

But, boy oh boy... is this board ever full of Canuck fan haters. I bet 99% of Canuck fans are no different than Flames fans but that 99% gets painted with the same brush as the other 1% by CP'ers.
Time for CP members to step up and show some class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertuzzied View Post
I guess those 2 Vancouver Riots were just a fantasy. Not real life.
FYP hehehehe
EYE_Overstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #144
moon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Żoso View Post
Really, though. Name one other fanbase that makes up ~50% of the crowd wherever its team goes.
One other?

The Riders don't do it so how about you name one fan base that does it.
moon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #145
Reggie28
Scoring Winger

Exp:

In my section it was about a fifty fifty mix of dbag to non-dbag Canuck fans. The biggest loser fell down 2 rows, landed on, and injured a kid. Hardly an apology to be had, them he started to get agressive with the dad. Loser. I only saw the aftermath, otherwise, I would have asked the ushers to kick him out (my fighting days are behind me). A couple of fans who saw what happened picked up the cause. Good work guys.

Identify the dbags early and stick together as flames fans.
Reggie28 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie28 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #146
Pacem
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I live in BC. Canuck fans suck. I watch a lot of Canuck games, because I like watching hockey and it is the local team. I cheer for the team the Canucks are playing against just because I cannot stand the fan base. They are the worst, that I have personally experienced. If I lived in Toronto maybe i'd hate Leaf fans the same way.

However, I have had just too many ####ty run ins with them over the years that I have no respect for the fan base as a whole. On an individual basis its generally fine, in packs they are generally ###### bags. Obviously, most of my friends are Canuck fans. The most level headed of them agree with my assessment of how ####ty the fan base really is
Pacem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #147
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacem View Post
I live in BC. Canuck fans suck. I watch a lot of Canuck games, because I like watching hockey and it is the local team. I cheer for the team the Canucks are playing against just because I cannot stand the fan base. They are the worst, that I have personally experienced. If I lived in Toronto maybe i'd hate Leaf fans the same way.

However, I have had just too many ####ty run ins with them over the years that I have no respect for the fan base as a whole. On an individual basis its generally fine, in packs they are generally ###### bags. Obviously, most of my friends are Canuck fans. The most level headed of them agree with my assessment of how ####ty the fan base really is
This would be my experience also living in BC
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #148
return to the red
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oilers fans more classy then Canucks fans? Really?

The only reason Oilers fans aren't the normal D*bags they usually are is cause they suck! They have no ammo behind their "we have 5 cups" bullshin. Yep you also have 3 first overall picks CONSECUTIVELY too!!

One day, Roles will be reversed and the grease will once again rise to the top. I can stand my Canuck fans friends better, even when they are winning, more then the puke that my Oiler friends spew.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #149
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:

My experience has been exactly the same.

People compare them to Rider fans, but Rider fans are far more knowledgeable and far less bandwagony than Canucks fans.

There are plenty of knowledgeable fans in any fan base, as there are in the Canucks. The problem is the most vocal fans are also the least knowledgeable. It's not uncommon to meet extremely obnoxious fans who can only name 6-7 players on the team. Or fans tearing into management/coaching, because they couldn't trade Luongo for a top line forward.

Throw alcohol into that mix, and you've got a recipe for a riot.

Going to games is even more painful. Half the seats are empty until the end of the first period, and then half the seats empty out again half way through the third. A large portion of the crowd is no wearing jerseys. A large portion of the crowd is corporate seats containing clients who are clearly uninterested in hockey or guys taking overly done up girls. Expect to see a large portion of the crowd texting at any given time.

The only saving grace to the Canucks' fans base is that as soon as the team starts to lose a couple of games, the tickets become dirt cheap.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #150
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by return to the red View Post
Oilers fans more classy then Canucks fans? Really?

The only reason Oilers fans aren't the normal D*bags they usually are is cause they suck! They have no ammo behind their "we have 5 cups" bullshin. Yep you also have 3 first overall picks CONSECUTIVELY too!!

One day, Roles will be reversed and the grease will once again rise to the top. I can stand my Canuck fans friends better, even when they are winning, more then the puke that my Oiler friends spew.
You should listen to call in sports radio in the day after a bad Canucks loss. Oilers' fans have developed some humility. The Canucks fans will literally cry on the radio. In their mind, the cup is destined to be their's. Forget the fact there are 29 other teams in the league.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #151
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

i have lived in quite a few cities and it is my experience that the canucks fan base is the most unreasonable when it comes to discussing hockey. buddies of mine who should know better are so biased it is impossible to have any discussion that involves a canucks player or team from now, in the past or in the future. the conspiracies, the injustice, the sheer gall of the rest of the league to think that they should play against the canucks... and of course, anything that anyone says is simply jealousy because, you know, they aren't from vancouver.

my two favourite canucks truisms?

1. every player from BC and even the general vicinity of the pacific northwest wants to play for the canucks and will give a significant hometown discount to do it.
2. the canucks have already won a stanley cup when they were called the vancouver millionaires in 1915.

why truisms? because the fan base repeats these two items like some tibetan monk chant so often that they all believe it to be true.

and if you want your hockey night to go off of the rails just invite 2 canucks fans so that they can feed off of each other.

without a doubt the most delusional fan base in the nhl today.

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
McG is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to McG For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #152
WilderPegasus
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG View Post
my two favourite canucks truisms?

1. every player from BC and even the general vicinity of the pacific northwest wants to play for the canucks and will give a significant hometown discount to do it.
That goes for pretty much every team. Or at least it also works that way for the Leaf fans where everyone from southern Ontario wants to play for them while the Hab fans think everyone who speaks french not only wants to play for them but has an obligation to play for them.
WilderPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #153
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilderPegasus View Post
That goes for pretty much every team. Or at least it also works that way for the Leaf fans where everyone from southern Ontario wants to play for them while the Hab fans think everyone who speaks french not only wants to play for them but has an obligation to play for them.
No disagreement on leafs or habs hometown expected discounts; I do take issue with almost every team though. It is particularly noticeable because I never hear Oilers or Flames fans talking like this. All I can say from my time in Vancouver is that it is so expected as to be a fait accompli and so over the top that I mentioned it in my post.

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
McG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #154
LickTheEnvelope
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

I guess it's different being a Canuck's fan... because the idiots (idiot Canuck fans I mean) just go 'whatever another Canuck fan'... problem out here is that a LOT of people don't know much about hockey. They no a LOT about the Canucks and not much else. Also our sports media is likely the worst on the planet, so there's that too.

I can't think of other fanbases i've had a problem with in person... other than a few times at games with Wings fans... strange people...

Online, Oilers fans are the worst. Sadly they might be about the worst part of the internet. It's very bizarre too because I know a LOT of Oilers fans in real life and i've probably only ever met one who was obnoxious... but online it's a gong show.
LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:56 PM   #155
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

LOL, I got a kick out of this exchange on the NHL website, in the comments section for tonights game recap.

LUONGO_MUST_STAY2 hours ago
When will the Flames have a game that isn't decided by just a single goal?
Reply 7 replies-10

Shirtsoff4kiprusoff2 hours ago
When will you Canuck trolls shut up?
Reply +14

Roberto Panattoni2 hours ago
When will the Canucks have a game that doesn't involve diving?
Reply 1 reply+15

FlamesFan4One2 hours ago
when will the canucks have a game 7 where they don't burn their city to the ground?
Reply +10

hofer852 hours ago
When will the Canucks have a number 1 goalie
Reply +2

LiveAndBreathHockey2 hours ago
When will the Canucks win a cup lol
Reply +4

AvsinAlaska1 hour ago
Retreat! Retreat!
Reply +2
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #156
hansmoleman
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Never been to a flames-habs game before last night. I have to say the Montreal fans were terrible, so obnoxious and rude. Not to mention they were everywhere.

I am really glad the Canadiens arent in the west as having to deal with that multiple times a year would be terrible.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #157
The Hendog
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post

The problem is the most vocal fans are also the least knowledgeable. It's not uncommon to meet extremely obnoxious fans who can only name 6-7 players on the team. Or fans tearing into management/coaching, because they couldn't trade Luongo for a top line forward.
This sums up Canucks fans perfectly.

Their most vocal fans are also the least knowledgeable.

I have had several Canucks fans arguing with me, more like yelling at me, that the Canucks were going to win because they had Kesler and he was awesome well I sat there knowing Kesler was injured and out. Happened in both 2007 and 2013 so at least they are consistent...
The Hendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #158
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Canuck fans are the worst behaved fans in the NHL and their past riot(s) prove that.

I love how in the Flames home opener Canuck fans were foolishly going with their typical Louu groans until 1/2 through the period they finally realized Bongo wasn't in net. Yes very hockey savvy of you Canuck fans.

Last edited by Stay Golden; 10-10-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Stay Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #159
Bootsy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Canucks fans are definitely the worst now and have been for a few years but Oiler fans at the dome during the young guns era were every bit as bad....which made the 03-04 season that much sweeter not only our cup run but it started off the Flames ownage of the Oilers head to head that we've seen ever since.
Bootsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #160
Tailgator
Scoring Winger

Exp:

A few years ago, a buddy and I were at a Flames/'nux game at the 'dome in the 'bleeds (that's a lot of apostrophes, sorry). We were sitting beside a couple of their fans that were getting thoroughly torqued to the point where one of them lit a smoke while he was sitting there. I could only laugh and shake my head, but it got better when security came and told them they had to leave and he was arguing as to why - with the lit smoke still in his hand. So he turns to me and tells me "to always remember - Vancouver will always be better". I said, "did you say wetter? Then you might have a point". He then turns around to glare, wipes out and a$$ - tobbogans down about 10 steps. Oh man, the friggin laughter in that section was deafening.....
Tailgator is offline   Reply With Quote