Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2016, 07:52 PM   #341
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

God damn, that is good television. This show is unbelievable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
The other girl (can't remember her name) will probably re-appear soon...but not have any interest in pursuing the saboteur.
Why would this be the case? I might have missed something, but do we have any idea who grabbed Elsie (the other girl)? It doesn't seem to make much sense that it would have been Ford or one of Ford's minions, does it?
Quote:
It makes me wonder who else has been "re-purposed"?
I'd like to respond to this portion of your post, but it doesn't look like anything to me.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2016, 08:07 PM   #342
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thandie Nation is incredible. Her facial expressions speak volumes

This show is dope
Old 11-14-2016, 08:13 PM   #343
endeavor
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Great episode. Everyone's a robot! How many people could Ford have replaced over the years?

That scene when Bernard said 'What door' and then finally seeing his blueprint... and him coming to the realisation was amazing.

Last edited by endeavor; 11-14-2016 at 08:17 PM.
endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to endeavor For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2016, 08:40 PM   #344
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
Thandie Nation is incredible. Her facial expressions speak volumes

This show is dope
You know the acting is at an incredible level when Anthony Freakin' Hopkins might only have the third or fourth best performance.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:52 PM   #345
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nahhh. Anthony Hopkins absolutely slayed.

I do like Thandie Newton a lot though, she's really grown on me over the past few episodes. Frankly, I can't believe the techs gave her higher-order intelligence. That's just asking for robot overlords, right there.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 11-14-2016, 09:26 PM   #346
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
God damn, that is good television. This show is unbelievable.

Why would this be the case? I might have missed something, but do we have any idea who grabbed Elsie (the other girl)? It doesn't seem to make much sense that it would have been Ford or one of Ford's minions, does it?

I'd like to respond to this portion of your post, but it doesn't look like anything to me.
I don't know just guessing mainly. But maybe Ford doesn't want her doing anymore digging, finding out more stuff?
Old 11-14-2016, 09:30 PM   #347
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
They said many times that Arnold and all of his contributions to the park were buried and that Ford allowed it (not surprising now that we know he's crazy). Logan specifically said that no pictures of him exist or anything.
I'll have to rewatch. What eoisode was that? Not sure how you'd get rid of all photos of someone in the internet age. Especially a famous engineer involved in a likely high profile park malfunction. He also has a wife.... Although maybe I'm picking a pretty random thing to nitpick on in a sci fi show about robots.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:11 PM   #348
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Saw this neat image showing the continuity so far through the episodes.

AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2016, 11:45 PM   #349
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Wow that episode was amazing, a few prognosticators here hypothesized about Benard but honestly I didn't agree at the time. In my opinion the show is so good, I still didn't see it coming until the very end as it was a great twist.
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iceman57 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2016, 11:10 AM   #350
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was a bit confused at the end though by the piece of paper that Theresa showed Bernard. I took this screenshot. Can someone explain?

Seriously, it just... doesn't look like anything.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2016, 11:11 AM   #351
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

They are programmed to not see stuff they can't understand, or shouldn't see. This sheet was a diagram of Bernard as a robot.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:12 AM   #352
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

CHL doesn't need to convince us that he's a robot. We see the evidence in his posting every day.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:12 AM   #353
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

There was also a picture a few episodes ago of Ford and his dad. There is an empty space on the right when Bernard looks at it. I'm assuming someone else should be in the picture that he can't see.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:21 AM   #354
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
There was also a picture a few episodes ago of Ford and his dad. There is an empty space on the right when Bernard looks at it. I'm assuming someone else should be in the picture that he can't see.
Yep, this photo. Possibly, Bernard is essentially a copy of Arnold, and Arnold was in the photo. If Bernard had been able to see him, that would have caused him some consternation, so he couldn't. That's the theory.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:46 AM   #355
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post

This too. Dolores being built. The skin colour of the hands matches Bernard's.

Still a bit bothered by Ford's ability to erase all knowledge of a famous scientist in the post-information age...but getting over it.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:32 PM   #356
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post

This too. Dolores being built. The skin colour of the hands matches Bernard's.

Still a bit bothered by Ford's ability to erase all knowledge of a famous scientist in the post-information age...but getting over it.
It is possible that Ford and Arnold were not at all famous before the park. There are probably thousands of brilliant people working on ground breaking stuff right now in the our world that are completely unknown and will be until after their break through. Arnold died before the park became a big deal, and Ford/Delos went out of their way to hide info about him.

The park is also incredibly huge and very remote. Some have speculated that it could be on another planet or in Antarctica. This is based on the comment from an earlier episode about 'When do you rotate home next?' and the fact that all the workers live in the park and don't commute. So if Arnold and Ford worked for years in this very remote place, they probably weren't getting any press coverage.

Another possibility is that scientists who are advanced enough to create artificial intelligence might also be advanced enough to create a virus to purge info from the internet that they don't want out there. Or Delos might be that powerful. They also haven't shown a lot about the existing outside world. Maybe their isn't much media left, or maybe powerful companies like Delos can completely control the media.

In my opinion there are lots of possible reasons in a scifi setting for the lack of info about Arnold. Hopefully there is one you hear that you like and it doesn't affect your enjoyment of the show any further.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:08 PM   #357
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Deeper down the rabbit hole we go!
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2016, 09:11 PM   #358
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seeing Maeve with admin access/ in "god mode" and giving voice commands to other hosts was pretty unsettling.

Still not sure where things are going with Teddy/MIB/Wyatt and then with Dolores/William/Logan. Had a weird thought cross my mind that Teddy was going to think William was Wyatt somehow? I doubt it will go that way though.

I think there will be bad implications from the board chair randomly picking Delores' retired father to back up her data.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:15 PM   #359
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Well at least we now know Delores isn't the reason William turned into the mib.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:17 PM   #360
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm still not convinced he William is the MIB. We'll find out by the end of the season, maybe?
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote