Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2016, 08:13 PM   #61
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

This is my personal story, which isn't that creepy but kinda fits in, though I think I've told it on this site before.

I think I was in my late teens, and I was shooting hoops outside the house. I lived up near Nose Hills in Beddington. I turned around and saw a silver cylander object come down from Nose Hill. It was moving fairly quickly and smoothly, and made no sound. It accelerated once it got over Beddington and soon was out of sight.

I have no idea what it was. A true UFO.
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:16 PM   #62
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriHrdina View Post
This is my personal story, which isn't that creepy but kinda fits in, though I think I've told it on this site before.

I think I was in my late teens, and I was shooting hoops outside the house. I lived up near Nose Hills in Beddington. I turned around and saw a silver cylander object come down from Nose Hill. It was moving fairly quickly and smoothly, and made no sound. It accelerated once it got over Beddington and soon was out of sight.

I have no idea what it was. A true UFO.

Cool - how big was it?

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:23 AM   #63
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveLamp View Post
Oooh Ted The Caver is a good one too

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/caver/
Ok, please tell me this has happened to others- my monitor went completely white with weird flashing lines about 10 minutes into reading this- lasted about 10 seconds. Didn't seem to be some weird trickery with the webpage to freak people out, as it wasn't confined to the web browser window.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:25 AM   #64
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
Ok, please tell me this has happened to others- my monitor went completely white with weird flashing lines about 10 minutes into reading this- lasted about 10 seconds. Didn't seem to be some weird trickery with the webpage to freak people out, as it wasn't confined to the web browser window.
No. I spent a few hours reading that on and off and that didn't happen.

You're haunted.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:35 AM   #65
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
No. I spent a few hours reading that on and off and that didn't happen.

You're haunted.
It actually happened yesterday, but was hesitant to post, thinking people would assume I was BSing. Just went through the site again and clicked on every link to see if it happened again- it is pretty old and there could theoretically be something that messes with the resolution on my monitor. Nothing.

Told my wife about it and then proceeded to freak her out all night by placing a couple items around the house right on the edge of a table or whatever so that they would fall off randomly at some point. Ha.

Last edited by Flabbibulin; 01-22-2016 at 08:37 AM.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 04:49 PM   #66
JiriHrdina

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
Cool - how big was it?
Honestly it was hard to tell. I had a difficult time judging how big it was and how far away it really was. My sense was it wasn't big by any stretch though. I would say the size of a barrel, but thinner.
The Following User Says Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2016, 06:59 PM   #67
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveLamp View Post
Oooh Ted The Caver is a good one too

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/caver/
OK. So I read this like an hour ago and have had this overwhelming sense of dread the whole time. WTF. Please tell me this has been debunked. It just ends like that?!
Frequitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:16 PM   #68
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

Whew. Fake. Well, an embellished story of a real cave adventure.
https://grahamjw.wordpress.com/2009/...caver-mystery/

Quote:
To summarize the fact vs. fiction discussions about the story, let me just say the parts about the digging and passage through Floyd’s Tomb are, for the most part, true and taken directly out of my caving journal. I intentionally altered a few details of the cave, but as has been mentioned, it still accurately describes Freeway Cave, Floyd’s Tomb, and the passage now known as Gypsum Passage on the map. The supernatural aspects of the story are all pure fabrication. Even the rumbling that both Dale Green and Ralph Powers mentioned exist in the cave did not inspire the story. I simply used them later to add to the mystery! And that is that. Nothing mysterious happened while we worked on the cave. It was just an experience filled with challenge, hard work and lots of satisfaction. The feelings I mentioned while in Floyd’s Tomb were real. That’s what made it so fun to write.
Well written story. Very cool.

Great thread by the way. I almost never venture into this forum but glad I did.
Frequitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 10:12 AM   #69
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequitude View Post
Whew. Fake. Well, an embellished story of a real cave adventure.
https://grahamjw.wordpress.com/2009/...caver-mystery/

Well written story. Very cool.

Great thread by the way. I almost never venture into this forum but glad I did.
Well, that is disappointing.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 02:10 PM   #70
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tech mystery!

http://fusion.net/story/214995/find-...to-wrong-home/

TLDR;
couple has angry people showing up at their house looking for their missing phones. "Find my phone" apps are pointing to their house, but they can be different OS's and carriers. No one knows why.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:41 AM   #71
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Tech mystery!

TLDR;
couple has angry people showing up at their house looking for their missing phones. "Find my phone" apps are pointing to their house, but they can be different OS's and carriers. No one knows why.
Interesting story, but I lost all sympathy for the couple as soon as I saw the dude's man-bun.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2016, 09:47 AM   #72
scotty2hotty
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My sister (let's call her Sally) had an imaginary friend named Veronica when she was little.

My parents went on a cruise and met another couple. Come to find out that they had a daughter named Veronica and that she had an imaginary friend named Sally.

True story.

Not exactly earth shattering ... just kind of neat and gives me the opportunity for the rare post.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:14 PM   #73
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Somethings been messing with my wife on our laptop. I can go on there for hours and no issues. As soon as she gets on the screen glitches and the machine will shut down or freeze. I get back on and it's fine. I think my laptop may be jealous.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 04:16 PM   #74
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Interesting story, but I lost all sympathy for the couple as soon as I saw the dude's man-bun.
And leather gloves.......le sigh. He doesn't look like a credible witness.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 04:19 PM   #75
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Tech mystery!

TLDR;
Maybe they should stop reselling stolen phones?
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:51 PM   #76
jeep991
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
Somethings been messing with my wife on our laptop. I can go on there for hours and no issues. As soon as she gets on the screen glitches and the machine will shut down or freeze. I get back on and it's fine. I think my laptop may be jealous.
Same here. My wife gets on the laptop and the internet stops working or slows way down and then shuts down. I start it up and everything is working awesome.
jeep991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:57 PM   #77
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Weird, my wife tries to use the TV remote and it stops working. I use it and it works just fine.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2016, 08:31 PM   #78
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Try working IT....

"can you come see my computer, it's not working" ...go over maybe try ti myself, or watch them try it... "oh, hey it works!" what did you do!??!!

Ugh.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2016, 10:27 PM   #79
JiriHrdina

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty2hotty View Post
My sister (let's call her Sally) had an imaginary friend named Veronica when she was little.

My parents went on a cruise and met another couple. Come to find out that they had a daughter named Veronica and that she had an imaginary friend named Sally.

True story.

Not exactly earth shattering ... just kind of neat and gives me the opportunity for the rare post.
Not a creepy story but since you brought up pen pals this fits. I posted this story nearly 10 years ago on CP:

When I was really young my sister got a pen pal at school. I was apparently jealous so I made up a pen pal of my own named Paul Raisin and would talk endlessly about all the great letters he sent me.

Apparently my parents decided it would be a hoot to actually send me letters from him. Talk about frackin a kid up by merging his imaginary world with reality.

Somwhere along the line I became convinced Paul Raisin was real. In fact, my parents took it as far to have him call me one day. (got the neighbour's older kid to do it).

At some point they realized that the charade could have long-lasting impacts on my psyche and Paul Raisin sent me a letter that he would no longer be able to write to me because he was moving to Europe. I distinctly recall being very upset. A couple years later my folks revealed the fact that they faked his existence to me.

I still have all the letters. Great keepsake.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2016, 11:20 PM   #80
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh goody I stumble into this thread just in time for my vacant buildings check tomorrow one of which was a mental health building filled with two way mirrors and other fun stuff. Gives me the creeps I pretty much just run through that building.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy , crimes , unsolved