Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 05:02 PM   #6821
Realistic
Backup Goalie

Exp:

According to the fans and media (even the media in Calgary) Collie McDoggie doesn't care about money and wants to build a winning team in Edmonton and can make up the shortfall in endorsements so he will sign for a lot less. He also doesn't care what the NHLPA says!?!?!? Not sure where the fan 960 is getting their info from? Heard it just after 1 pm today.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:09 PM   #6822
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Whispers? Sometimes I wonder how much of an insider Dreger really is. It's pretty clear his annual salary will be in that ballpark. We've been discussing it for the last year. As long as his agent isn't a moron he's going to get close to this.
I've said it a few times before. Dreklund is an outsider.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:17 PM   #6823
Jables16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfrogger View Post
I think Sid's second contract is a perfect comparable.

Crosby signed it the summer after his second season in which he won the Art Ross, Lester Pearson (now known as the Ted Lindsey) & Hart. He signed a five year deal for 17.3% of the cap hit at the time according to CapFriendly.

McDavid is in the summer after his second season in which he won the Art Ross, Ted Lindsey & Hart.

If he signs a five year deal for 17.3% of a $75-million cap, it would be $12.975 for five years (for a total of $64.875).

I wouldn't be surprised if he lands about there. He would be taking a bit of a discount, but not the ridiculous amount suggested by some Oiler fans. They are probably starting off asking for $14 million or even more.
Contract confirmed.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:47 PM   #6824
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I ran this through the Google terrible English to English translator and my lap top exploded.
Unfortunately I have much larger more important family health issues to give a brown stain about what anyone thinks about my puncuation . Just like I could give a squat that my cell has a knack for auto correcting sentences to gibberish.
If anyone thinks the Flames are close to the Greasers in physical play I can only smh at that blind faith fanboy mentality.
Sadly the Greasers just like ANA or any other physical team smack us around.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:08 PM   #6825
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Golden View Post
Unfortunately I have much larger more important family health issues to give a brown stain about what anyone thinks about my puncuation . Just like I could give a squat that my cell has a knack for auto correcting sentences to gibberish.
If anyone thinks the Flames are close to the Greasers in physical play I can only smh at that blind faith fanboy mentality.
Are you in the right thread?

This is the thread about how no good Edmonton and the Oilers are, not about how tough they might be. And honestly, who the hell cares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2017, 06:14 PM   #6826
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
Are you in the right thread?

This is the thread about how no good Edmonton and the Oilers are, not about how tough they might be. And honestly, who the hell cares?
Maybe I don't get how that team up north is considered no good. That ship sailed this past season.
I hate the Oilers but they are a cup contender like it or not.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:15 PM   #6827
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don't recall the Flames getting pushed around by the Oilers or Ducks at all last season. The difference in those loses was goaltending.

San Jose and LA are also big physical teams and Calgary won the season series against both.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:25 PM   #6828
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Maybe I don't get how that team up north is considered no good. That ship sailed this past season.
Hahaha! What?! The Oilers won seven playoff games and are now suddenly a Cup contender? You are ridiculous.

Quote:
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2017, 06:38 PM   #6829
Realistic
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Hahaha! What?! The Oilers won seven playoff games and are now suddenly a Cup contender? You are ridiculous.
But, but, Collie McDoggie just won a bunch of awards and and the refs are going to make it up to them for last year and and and...........
Old 06-22-2017, 06:44 PM   #6830
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think you need to take this thread for what it is. Flames fans making fun of their rival.

If you want an unbiased or fairly rational discussion of the Oilers, this would not be the place.

Look at the thread title. You can't argue its false advertising.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2017, 06:49 PM   #6831
saXon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I recall the Flames stacking up a pile of loser points in '15 to exit a long playoff drought and winning a series on the back of a player (Ferklund)... Only to fail to make the post season the next year, and barely squeaking in to get swept the year after.

McDavid can win all the hardware in the world, it doesn't mean a thing if he can't drag the rest of the team back to producing what they did last season.

Make sure they are cup contenders, Stay Golden, before labeling them cup contenders.

Old 06-22-2017, 06:52 PM   #6832
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Who are the Cup contenders?

Vegas Insiders has Oilers at 10 to 1, only Penguins with better odds. Tied with Caps and Lightning.

Found the same odds on ESPN.

Another website has them at +1000, only Penguins better.

I understand betting lines are created for different reasons, and bets go their way because of McDavid. But the facts would indicate the Oilers are considered contenders.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:59 PM   #6833
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ya I obviously don't get the intention of this thread
I hate everything about the Oilers their players, colors, entire history. But what I hate about them most is now they are better and much tougher.
I preferred it much more when they knew their place as cream puffs.
At least their new jerseys are even worse then ours.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:03 PM   #6834
Realistic
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post

Vegas Insiders has Oilers at 10 to 1, only Penguins with better odds. Tied with Caps and Lightning.

I understand betting lines are created for different reasons, and bets go their way because of McDavid. But the facts would indicate the Oilers are considered contenders.
I will bet right now that there is no way that the Coilers win the Stanley Cup next season. They lucked out with goaltending this past season but I doubt they can repeat.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:04 PM   #6835
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post

I would start with teams who have been there or gotten close. Pittsburgh is, obviously, and I would say so is Washington out of the East. In the West Nashville and Anaheim both look like good bets on account of their balance at all positions, which is something that Edmonton severely lacks. They have a decent group of forwards to compliment the best player in the world, but their defence is pretty bad and their goalie is overplayed. The Oilers were below average 5-on-5 in the regular season and even worse in the playoffs.

But again, is this really the place to be discussing this? You already indicated that you understand the purpose of this thread, and yet you bring this up? The premise here is pretty simple:

Edmonton is no good...

That is all.

Quote:
Old 06-22-2017, 07:08 PM   #6836
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realistic View Post
I will bet right now that there is no way that the Coilers win the Stanley Cup next season. They lucked out with goaltending this past season but I doubt they can repeat.
Not to mention the schedule they had.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:11 PM   #6837
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes I have seen the light of this thread...Edmonton is NO good.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:13 PM   #6838
saXon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Yes I have seen the light of this thread...Edmonton is NO good.

Old 06-22-2017, 07:16 PM   #6839
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I would start with teams who have been there or gotten close. Pittsburgh is, obviously, and I would say so is Washington out of the East. In the West Nashville and Anaheim both look like good bets on account of their balance at all positions, which is something that Edmonton severely lacks. They have a decent group of forwards to compliment the best player in the world, but their defence is pretty bad and their goalie is overplayed. The Oilers were below average 5-on-5 in the regular season and even worse in the playoffs.

But again, is this really the place to be discussing this? You already indicated that you understand the purpose of this thread, and yet you bring this up? The premise here is pretty simple:

Edmonton is no good...

That is all.
Fair enough. I just think labeling someone as "ridiculous" when they voice a factually supported opinion is unnecessary.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:55 AM   #6840
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Woodguy‏ @Woodguy55
Today in the Oiler Narrative Wars: Juxtaposing a player's Goal Share without McDavid and what the media says about them.

--

McDavid hides so many of the Oilers' problems.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread