Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-14-2016, 07:24 PM   #41
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had a weird experience this week. I was staying at a friend's house in the country for a couple days taking care of their dog. I slept in the downstairs bedroom and woke up at 2am with the dog's nose about six inches from my face. He was panting like he had been running around so I assumed he needed out. We did a little walk outside, came back in, went to sleep. 3am, same thing. Huffing and puffing dog nose. So we went upstairs and slept in the living room.

Next night, same thing except I made him go back to sleep. Bad move. I had this horrible dream. I woke up screaming. The dog was like, ya, see, I freaking told you. In the dream there were these native/tribal looking people all dancing in a circle with skulls spinning around on sicks and they were trying to make me watch them sacrifice a woman. Totally weird and very real. I couldn't make them go away when I woke up. So realistic.

So the people got home and asked how everything was. I told them about the dreams. Here's how the conversation went...

"All good but I had the weirdest dreams."
"Oh really?. What about?"
"Nothing really. Just these weird native people, like Aztecs or something..."
"Oh yeah. Were they dancing around in a circle trying to get your attention?"
"Ummmm yah"
"And did they have skulls spinning around on sticks?"
"MmmHmm"
"Yah. The dog hates them."

That's really weird. They've both had the same dream. I don't get it. As if living in the country isn't creepy enough.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2016, 07:57 PM   #42
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^omg!wtf?

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Regulator75 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2016, 08:46 AM   #43
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

These things wouldn't happen if we stop stealing native lands and building on ancient burial grounds.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 08:49 AM   #44
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

That is super creepy. Nothing gets me more than when my dog starts growling at nothing in the middle of the night. Especially because he hardly makes any noise otherwise.

"What's wrong buddy?"

"Grrrr" Looking at door

"Need to go outside?" Opens door, dog just stands there staring at me.

"Grrrrr"

"What's out there buddy?"

"BARK BARK. Grrrrrrr"

Pulls covers over head.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:42 AM   #45
Guest1

Just as I was falling asleep last night, my dog poked me in the back with her nose. When I rolled over... no dog. Got up and went downstairs to see my dog asleep on the couch. (Sorry, no dancing aboriginals...)
Old 01-15-2016, 01:18 PM   #46
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
I had a weird experience this week. I was staying at a friend's house in the country for a couple days taking care of their dog. I slept in the downstairs bedroom and woke up at 2am with the dog's nose about six inches from my face. He was panting like he had been running around so I assumed he needed out. We did a little walk outside, came back in, went to sleep. 3am, same thing. Huffing and puffing dog nose. So we went upstairs and slept in the living room.

Next night, same thing except I made him go back to sleep. Bad move. I had this horrible dream. I woke up screaming. The dog was like, ya, see, I freaking told you. In the dream there were these native/tribal looking people all dancing in a circle with skulls spinning around on sicks and they were trying to make me watch them sacrifice a woman. Totally weird and very real. I couldn't make them go away when I woke up. So realistic.

So the people got home and asked how everything was. I told them about the dreams. Here's how the conversation went...

"Ummmm yah"
"MmmHmm"

That's really weird. They've both had the same dream. I don't get it. As if living in the country isn't creepy enough.
It was probably your friends in the masks
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to polak For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2016, 02:30 PM   #47
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
Just as I was falling asleep last night, my dog poked me in the back with her nose. When I rolled over... no dog. Got up and went downstairs to see my dog asleep on the couch. (Sorry, no dancing aboriginals...)
My wife tells me she get poked in the back in the middle of the night as well.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2016, 09:53 AM   #48
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good old infrasound, the cause of anything science can't explain. Someone see's a ghost? Infrasound. Someone has a vision of something happening and it comes true? Infrasound. The Oilers beat the Flames? Infrasound. The reality is we are bombarded by infrasound constantly and it causes nothing abnormal.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:45 PM   #49
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:18 PM   #50
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone ever experience anything weird here:

http://www.thehose.ca/?id=about
Old 01-21-2016, 12:24 PM   #51
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:

"Ummmm yah"
"MmmHmm"

Just a second here. That is fataing crazy. This really happened? Does that not freak your friends out? What do they have to say about it?
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2016, 02:11 PM   #52
jeep991
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I was once at the Deane House for their murder mystery dinner in the early 2000's. My wife (girlfriend at the time) and I were looking around up in the attic with a bunch of other guests before the dinner. My wife says she's going to the washroom and I told her I'd stay in the attic to wait for her. So I'm looking at the old timey photos on the wall when I suddenly feel someone breathing on the back of my neck and then a tap on my shoulder. I turn around thinking its my wife and I see absolutely nobody in the attic. I just booted it out of there and crashed down the stairs onto the second floor to find my wife looking at some photos. Freaked me out. Went there maybe two or three times after that but nothing weird happened those times.
jeep991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:39 PM   #53
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep991 View Post
I was once at the Deane House for their murder mystery dinner in the early 2000's. My wife (girlfriend at the time) and I were looking around up in the attic with a bunch of other guests before the dinner. My wife says she's going to the washroom and I told her I'd stay in the attic to wait for her. So I'm looking at the old timey photos on the wall when I suddenly feel someone breathing on the back of my neck and then a tap on my shoulder. I turn around thinking its my wife and I see absolutely nobody in the attic. I just booted it out of there and crashed down the stairs onto the second floor to find my wife looking at some photos. Freaked me out. Went there maybe two or three times after that but nothing weird happened those times.
My take away is your G/F ditched you and didn't come back upstairs for you.

I need to be less cynical.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:21 PM   #54
Leeman4Gilmour
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Anyone ever experience anything weird here:

http://www.thehose.ca/?id=about
Our first choice for pre-game drinks and, no, never experienced anything, but I've never been the last one there either.
Leeman4Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 04:15 PM   #55
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Ah what the hell, I'll bite. I don't really believe in any of this stuff, but my mom has this story that she always tells from her time working as a nurse in a hospice.

As people die and their systems begin shutting down you often get strange brain activity that can result in involuntary speech. One day as this elderly gentleman (who was bed-ridden from the time he arrived) was about to pass on. He starts saying things like "I've got to get going, Charlie says I'm going to miss my train."

After he passed my mom was telling the story to some other nurses because it was interesting how it seemed like his soul was literally getting on a train and leaving. One nurse then tells her that she had a patient die the night before... an old, bed-ridden guy named Charlie who would always chat with her about his time as a train conductor.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2016, 04:38 PM   #56
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

I once told my 5 year old cousin from England that an old ghost called the Flying Phantom haunted our kitchen. He never got another glass of water from the kitchen for the length of his visit, and died of dehydration.
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheyCallMeBruce For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2016, 04:38 PM   #57
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a somewhat personal one. Not sure I'd classify as creepy but certainly raised a few eyebrows in my family.

My biological father died when I was 8. The night he died, one of my moms friends went over to our place to check on things as we were all at the hospital. Our house was at the end of a cul de sac. As she rounded the corner she noticed one of the bedrooms lights switched off (my bedroom) and then the lights in the room next to mine turned on and off shortly after. She entered our house to find no one was home. Actually, as I type this it is pretty crazy....

Anyways....she estimated she arrived at our place sometime shortly after 9PM. My dad died at 9:03PM.

A few days later, my mum, brother and I arrived home and walked into the kitchen and noticed that the light over the kitchen table was rotating. It was one of those old school kitchen lights that was suspended form the ceiling by one of those fabric covered chords so it had a fair bit of play in it. Odd thing was, it wasn't swinging around, it was actually rotating in place, slowly. Absolutely no reason it should have been able to do that even with a window open which there was not as this was during winter. It never happened before and didn't happen again.

I've never been a spiritual person or put any stock into the existence of ghosts but that experience is tough to explain logically.

Last edited by GoinAllTheWay; 01-21-2016 at 04:44 PM.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:10 PM   #58
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not sure what I believe either. I try to keep an open mind about these things.

My wife and I live in a small, old town. Our house was built in 1853 and has had a lot of occupants and history. When we first moved in, I was cleaning out the cellar/crawl space and found some old photos (including one that was funeral photo from the parlour room). It freaked my wife right out. The photos were from the 1940s.

Anyway, I decided one day to go for a walk to the old cemetery to look at the old stones and also to look for the family names of the people on the house's chain of title just out of morbid curiosity. I did this without my wife knowing because I knew she wouldn't like it. For about 3 weeks after that, both my wife and I kept hearing strange noises like footsteps and stomping, seeing weird shadows, around the house and just getting creepy feelings. I would have thought that I was just psyching myself out, but the fact she was hearing it too and didn't know what I did was freaking me out.

One of my more spiritual friends told me that a spirit might have followed me home and that I should cover the mirrors in the house for a day because mirrors confuse spirits and they can't go back to their dimension. I realize how flakey that sounds as I write it, but I did it and the noises stopped. It also creeps me out that I occasionally find old iron nails and antique buttons in the garden. It makes me think there are people down there...lol. I found 5 dimes from the 1940s in the garden around the same time the weird stuff was happening, but haven't found any since.

The logical part of me knows that the mind can be powerful and can mess with you, but I like to think there was more to it than just that.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 01-21-2016 at 05:14 PM.
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 06:25 PM   #59
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Just a second here. That is fataing crazy. This really happened? Does that not freak your friends out? What do they have to say about it?
Trust an evil dog to scare sliver!
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calumniate For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2016, 08:07 PM   #60
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Quote:

"Ummmm yah"
"MmmHmm"

Directed by M. Night Shyamalan
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheyCallMeBruce For This Useful Post:

Tags
creepy , crimes , unsolved