Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-07-2017, 08:56 PM   #1
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default WWE's Undertaker Retires

For those who watched Wrestlemania 33 last Sunday, it appears that a childhood icon of pretty much everyone who was a child of the 90s, has finally retired.

Mark Calaway, aka The Undertaker, has finally retired from professional wrestling after 30 years.

I haven't followed the WWF/WWE since high school. But I did watch his final Wrestlemania match. Pretty cool send off for him. The stage even lit on fire. 'Taker has pretty much been the face of pro wrestling. Best of luck to him in retirement.

http://news.nationalpost.com/arts/th...t-wrestlemania

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 04-07-2017 at 08:59 PM.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2017, 10:18 PM   #2
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

He's off for a hip replacement in the near future. To me, he really should have shut it down a few years back, he's been a shadow of himself and the major concussion that he took against Lesnar was something that he didn't need to do.

There's no question that he's going into the hall of fame next year the question is, does he speak as Mark Calaway or the Undertaker, he's the last great defender of Kayfabe.

I remember watching his debut in awe. In fact I remember him tagging up with Dan Spivey as a replacement for Sid Vicious as the Skyscrapers and they beat the holy hell out of the LOD which rarely happened.

People also forget that he was originally a Paul Heyman guy in WCW and Heyman was the guy that pushed Vince Macmahon to steal Calaway away from WCW.

While history shows that he made his WWE debut at the 1990 survivor series, he actually made his debut 3 days earlier during a taping of Superstars where he probably beat down some fat local jobber and the rest was history.

Beyond his unbelievable wrestling career he was known as the defacto locker room leader and company enforcer.

When Shawn Michaels was at his worst, Calawy told him to straighten up or they would have problems.

When Macmahan screwed Bret in 1997 and locked himself in his dressing room Calaway forced his way in and told Vince to apologize to Bret and the boys or there would be a problem. Unfortunately that one backfired as Bret beat the crap out of Vince on the way out the door.

Not a lot is known about Calaway outside of the ring, like I said before he was a traditionalist and made rare media appearances, but loathed to expose his real side.

Of course any fan should watch his appearance on off the record

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:18 AM   #3
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Taker was awesome. Haven't watched any wrestling in ages but he's a legend.

In that interview he actually talked about he'd walk away before people had to tell him he was done but he ended up doing the opposite and stayed on for a long time.

Best of luck to him.

Side note - that interview was awful, the amount of times Landsberg cut him off was ridiculous.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Da_Chief For This Useful Post: