Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-17-2007, 05:12 PM   #1
FlamesPuck12
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Question about the EB Games Special Offer

hey, I was walking past the EB Games in Market Mall few days ago and I saw the sign that says trade in # of games and get a discount on PS3.
Does anyone know if they are doing this for Xbox 360 as well? If so, how many games do you have to trade in and how much is the final price?
FlamesPuck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:15 PM   #2
Got Miikka?
One of the Nine

Exp:

I traded in my ghetto Xbox and a few games for my Xbox 360 at EB Games. Saved about $100 in the end, which I was more than happy to take. Got rid of the old system, picked up the new one, saved some cash. Everybody wins!
Got Miikka? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:33 PM   #3
FlamesPuck12
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Miikka? View Post
I traded in my ghetto Xbox and a few games for my Xbox 360 at EB Games. Saved about $100 in the end, which I was more than happy to take. Got rid of the old system, picked up the new one, saved some cash. Everybody wins!
Yea I know we can trade in our old system and stuff but I don't think they would give alot for N64 which is the only one I have.

Well the trading in this wasn't what I was asking about, I think they had a special offer with like trading 10 games in and you get a certain discount or something. I was wondering if anyone else had any more information...
Old 12-17-2007, 06:39 PM   #4
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Probably best to give them a call about it, or check the forums on redflagdeals.com.

As an aside, BlockBuster has pretty good trade in value for next gen console games; $13 minimum so I was able to trade in some of my really old 360 games (NHL07) and get $13, where I think EB Games had a trade in for that was like $3.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:19 PM   #5
the_hound
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I think the deal is if you trade in 8 games you get $200 off the PS3. I phoned EB and asked if they had a list of games they WOULDN'T take, as there was a dicloser saying the games had to be worth at least $8 trade in value, and he basically said they have to have been made pretty much in the last year. Hope that helps, if not I believe you can get more info on www.ebgames.ca
Old 12-17-2007, 07:59 PM   #6
FlamesPuck12
First Line Centre

Exp:

It has to be at least $8 trade in value? So how much would N64 games like Ocarina of Time be...
Old 12-17-2007, 09:12 PM   #7
psicodude
First Line Centre

Exp:

They have a list of which games are worth what inside the store. Basically, it's a supply and demand thing. Really popular games can get up to $20. Most of them are in the 5 - 10 dollar range though.
psicodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 09:02 PM   #8
FlamesPuck12
First Line Centre

Exp:

I went to the store today and they said they're no longer accepting N64 games... Does anyone know if they accept PC games? Like PC version of NHL 08