Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-12-2007, 01:59 PM   #21
llama64
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehkara View Post
Nope, you are a bit mixed up. Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans was outright cancelled on May 22, 1998.
Oh wow... it's been that long since they were talking about Warcraft Adventures?

Thanks for correcting me though!
llama64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:02 PM   #22
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeper View Post
I just want SC2 already. When it gonna come out?
Amen to that.. I could care less about the WOWesque games. They require no skill as far as I'm concerned. Plus WOW has essentially enslaved my brother to the point where he is now entering his 3rd month of unemployment. SC2 will only be good if they don't introduce the hero nonsense that ruined WC3.. I hated that game solely for that reason. So much potential but it was such a bust. If they can balance everything perfectly like SC the game will be a classic..
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:28 PM   #23
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
Right...so if past history is any indication, they could be working on a Starcraft MMO that will be released a year or two after Starcraft II, continuing the story from where the RTS game left off (like WoW continued the WCIII story).
Point taken, you are entirely correct.

I would, however, like to see them return to Diablo at some point.

Huge thanks to Dion for the signature!
Nehkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:38 PM   #24
TheDragon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeper View Post
I just want SC2 already. When it gonna come out?
They're "calling" for Fall 2008, last I had heard, but knowing Blizzard, it will likely be late 2009 before we see it on the shelves. Not that I've got a problem with that, at all, because it shows just how much integrity they put into making their games masterpieces. Unfortunately for SC:Ghost, it was pre-destined for failure given the rapid evolution of console gaming over the last couple of years. It's release was right on the eve of the launch of the 360 and PS3. For a console game originally planned to be release on the Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube - that's a hefty lose.

One could only hope it would be some kind of StarCraft MMORPG they're in the works with, but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.
TheDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:46 PM   #25
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think they should build one called city worker. You can get such exciting jobs as garbage man, shovel supporter, level three assistant to the assistant of the associate Accounts Receivable Clerk. Sleep in, get promoted, smoke dope on the job and lean on another player to supply you with clean urine for your drug test. Gain revenge on your neighbour by redrawing his property lines.

At night you can grab your virtual kids and go to a virtual Macdonalds where your dinner choices affect your appearance.

Aspire to promotions through either hard work, education, or back stabbing your fellow city worker.

find exciting random items such as a matchbook cover that talks about Firearms repair school, a used condom or a broken bus shelter.

Equipt yourself with such powerful weapons as the work permit, the audit notice, and the ever destructive invitation to your performance appraisal.

Such interesting side games such as shutting off power, plugging sewer lines and the ever addictive tipping over the job site portapotty.

Jobs in the police, fire, or health services are not available and will be fill by AI players.

Order now.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:29 PM   #26
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Maybe they are trying something completely new and original?

That I would like to see. They have the fan base, players will follow them. Time to get creative Blizzard, blow my socks off. Because every MMO out right now sucks and so does the PvP.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:55 PM   #27
if.away
Backup Goalie

Exp:

They'd be ######ed not to make it Diablo-esque.
if.away is offline   Reply With Quote