Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2017, 07:39 PM   #21
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Accidentally posted this in the gt:
Very up and down game. At some points they were absolutely outmatched, and others they looked very good.
It would have been great to get those points, but it was good to get an idea where we stand against the best in the east.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:39 PM   #22
theinfinitejar
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiggy77 View Post
Didn't think Bart was bad enough or caused any goals to warrant a benching. Thought Gio was the brutal D tonight.
Are you sure you watched the right game? Bottom pairing got filled in tonight.
theinfinitejar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to theinfinitejar For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2017, 07:40 PM   #23
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flames put up a good fight and lost to the best team in the league. No shame in that.

Flames are a good team. But the Caps showed why they have been an elite team for a while now.
Huntingwhale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:40 PM   #24
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOMBRI2 View Post
Above average road game. Proves that you can give inches to the best team. Take it away and move on. Have a good feeling about next game.

Bouma should sit in favor of Hathaway.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Bouma as fine I just don't think he should be on the PK as much as he is. When he's not blocking shots he's a pylon out there.

And Lazar should sit, he was real bad tonight. Energy is great but he made several bad decisions with the puck and gave it away a few times. He needs some more work. I doubt he plays next game.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgaryblood For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2017, 07:40 PM   #25
Nsd1
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I blame the negativity in the game thread
Nsd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nsd1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2017, 07:41 PM   #26
SOMBRI2
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Bouma as fine I just don't think he should be on the PK as much as he is. When he's not blocking shots he's a pylon out there.

And Lazar should sit, he was real bad tonight. Energy is great but he made several bad decisions with the puck and gave it away a few times. He needs some more work. I doubt he plays next game.
Lazar was rusty. Well...
SOMBRI2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:41 PM   #27
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man Gio was like an inch from tying it and he just caught Holtby's tip of his blocker.

30 seconds later he lifts it over the glass and the Caps insure it on the PP.

So bloody close.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2017, 07:41 PM   #28
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jore View Post
caps on a different level. our flames still have a ways to go. this next offseason will be big.

someone get bartkowski away from gulutzan
You can't gleam that much from this. We didn't ice our regular lineup, several lines were shifted/mixed.

The game was on a hinge where the Frolik chance could've swayed it in the Flames favour quickly. Didn't and it went the other way instead. Other that a stretch in the 2nd where the Flames weren't skating, I don't think 'on a different level' accurately describes it.

They were better though, overall.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2017, 07:41 PM   #29
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

As has been said already, no shame in losing to the Caps on the road. Really good team. I was watching the Washington broadcast and the commentators were giving the Flames a fair bit of credit, called them one of the best teams in the west, etc.

On to the next one, boys!
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:41 PM   #30
Insane_Flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Wild up 16 4 in shots winning one nothing 5 min into second. Had a good feeling about this game. If sharks can lose in reg. We keep pace. Can't do much about the oilers they will do what they will do. Just gotta take care of business with the stupid Ducks. Just believe we can beat them at Honda centre. BELIEVE!
Insane_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:41 PM   #31
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tough loss against the best team in the league who clearly brought their A game. Flames looked good in the 1st, horrible in the 2nd, and pushed back with some strong play in the 3rd. I'm proud of the boys for not folding up the tent after that 3rd Caps goal.

Elliott with another huge game. If not for him, this game could have really gotten out of hand.

Our bottom 6 forwards and our bottom 3rd pairing really struggled tonight, and Brodie and Stone had their first off game as a pairing. Just one of those nights where nothing is going your way.

Lazar was pretty terrible. I'd put Hathaway in for next game.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:41 PM   #32
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
And Lazar should sit, he was real bad tonight.
Agreed - would rather see Hathaway than Lazar right now. Lazar is not in our top-13
GullFoss is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GullFoss For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2017, 07:41 PM   #33
azzarish
First Line Centre

Exp:

Played well and unlucky to lose. Holtby made some great saves at timely moments. Move on. 0 points but one of the hardest road games left out the way. Playing at that intensity against a very good team will actually help us in the last few games against other teams with something on the line.

Even with Ferland and Tkachuk we don't seem to have lost anything in terms of our style.
azzarish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:41 PM   #34
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Give Rasmus a game, Bart has been bad. Have no idea why he was killing that last penalty. Oh well, no Tkachuk or Ferland and they probably could've sneaked out with a point if they got some luck and some calls. Prepare for Nashville and hope Bernier doesn't #### the bed vs the Oilers.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beninho For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2017, 07:42 PM   #35
JurassicTunga12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Competitive game with the top team in the NHL. some blown opportunities that might've changed the game into the Flames favor, but unfortunately, it didn't go that way for them tonight. Flames can be better against the Preds and Blues. Tough without Tkachuk and Ferland as well.
JurassicTunga12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:43 PM   #36
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Hopefully Lazar can work on his game for next season. I don't think he'll be of much use the rest of the way here.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:44 PM   #37
dieHARDflameZ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty impressed by their push back in the third period, which is a far cry from how things looked earlier in the season if they were trailing in the third.

Elliott was fantastic again.

They're 12-2-1 in their last 15 games, can't really get too upset when they drop a road game against one of the best teams in the NHL..

Regroup and come out firing against Nashville.
dieHARDflameZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:44 PM   #38
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
Give Rasmus a game, Bart has been bad. Have no idea why he was killing that last penalty. Oh well, no Tkachuk or Ferland and they probably could've sneaked out with a point if they got some luck and some calls. Prepare for Nashville and hope Bernier doesn't #### the bed vs the Oilers.
Probably because Gio was in the box but Bart should not be on the PK. Theres four other guys, use them coach. Especially with the way he played.
Release the Rasmus next game please.
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:45 PM   #39
azzarish
First Line Centre

Exp:

What happened to Johnny at the end there? Didn't quite see it. Went off in pain and then came back again. Slashed again?
azzarish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:47 PM   #40
Jore
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
You can't gleam that much from this. We didn't ice our regular lineup, several lines were shifted/mixed.

The game was on a hinge where the Frolik chance could've swayed it in the Flames favour quickly. Didn't and it went the other way instead. Other that a stretch in the 2nd where the Flames weren't skating, I don't think 'on a different level' accurately describes it.

They were better though, overall.
yeah, i would agree with most of that. not having 2 top 6 forwards definitely hurts. the frolik chance (and the backlund post) might have swun it differently, but it seemed like the flames couldn't match washington pace and relentlessness overall.

you can't tell that much but what hurt us here is what usually hurts us (even when we win): our depth forwards and d. with a full roster they can usually execute a little better, but tonight they were exposed against an elite team in the league.

i really don't see what bartkowski (since he got on the roster) brings other than turnovers and fumbled plays. i'd really like to see andersson get a shot.
Jore is offline   Reply With Quote