Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What will the Tkachuk hearing result be?
No discipine 57 14.29%
Fine 175 43.86%
1 game 123 30.83%
2 games 37 9.27%
3 games 3 0.75%
4 or more games 4 1.00%
Voters: 399. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 12:26 PM   #201
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

It's deserving of a penalty, perhaps a suspension. I don't specifically have that much of an issue with it though. If he gets a suspension, I'm alright with that too.

To me, he wanted to hurt Doughty, but not necessarily with a shot to the head. Had he been facing Doughty, this would be extremely dirty. To me that's Tkachuk sending a message to Doughty.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:28 PM   #202
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudfather View Post
Loubo says Tkachuk was maybe crossing the line, but it's a signal to other teams that there is a new Flames attitude and other teams need to get used to it.
I like it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rohara66 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 12:38 PM   #203
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it was dirty and maybe deserving of a game.

The problem I have with the NHL, like many in here, is consistency. Hits happen like this against Calgary players and there aren't even hearings. It's so extremely frustrating.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but seeing Gaudreau get injured and miss games and nobody even getting a fine is total BS. I'm still not over the Staal hit on Stajan that didn't even get a penalty and that was years ago.

NHL Discipline is like everything else NHL related, a lot of gray area BS.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:39 PM   #204
Bear
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Re Tkachuk's hearing, Loubo on Hockey Central at Noon on Fan 960 just said he thinks Tkachuk gets another warning and maybe a fine. He doesn't think a suspension is warranted, but if one is determined to be warranted by the NHL it will be at most one game.

Loubo says Tkachuk was maybe crossing the line, but it's a signal to other teams that there is a new Flames attitude and other teams need to get used to it.
Good. I hope this attitude is infectious throughout the team. Time for the hunted to become the hunters.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:41 PM   #205
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's meh IMO.

Don't think he was targeting the head at all, threw a reverse check/elbow and caught Doighty high.

Should at most be a fine IMO.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:41 PM   #206
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Re Tkachuk's hearing, Loubo on Hockey Central at Noon on Fan 960 just said he thinks Tkachuk gets another warning and maybe a fine. He doesn't think a suspension is warranted, but if one is determined to be warranted by the NHL it will be at most one game.

Totally don't mind the Flames having a reputation of being tough to play against, but this will also mean that other teams who have players who play the same way that Tkachuk does will also return that style of play against the Flames. Better be ready!
Old 03-20-2017, 12:41 PM   #207
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988 View Post
I'm still not over the Staal hit on Stajan that didn't even get a penalty and that was years ago.
Spoiler!
Old 03-20-2017, 12:42 PM   #208
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've watched the replay several times and I don't really understand how people thought that was a dive... sorry, don't see it at all.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:47 PM   #209
locsofblu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Yup. Funny how the kings are getting a taste of their own medicine. What a bunch of cry babies.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:47 PM   #210
pacde
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I can see the arm/elbow made contact with the head
but there was no follow through as you might expect if it was what some people claim, that he was targeting an elbow to the head.

I expect he probably shouldn't have put his arm out, not sure if that will merit a suspension or not - but I don't buy any implication that he was maliciously trying to elbow him to the head.

And I do think Doughty sold this going down like he was nearly unconscious - again, no follow through, no indication it was malicious and Doughty did skate into it... I think Tkachuk's explanation seems pretty legit
Old 03-20-2017, 12:49 PM   #211
Burner_29
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
I've watched the replay several times and I don't really understand how people thought that was a dive... sorry, don't see it at all.
I don't see it as a dive either but he did try to milk it.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:55 PM   #212
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Its pretty cut and dry. Doughty wasn't expecting it, took a shot to the chin and stayed down to shake off the cobwebs and make sure he was ok. No shame in that. He was alright to compete so he was back for the next period.

The NHL only seems to suspend when a player leaves the game due to injury.

Tkachuk gets a warning and/or a fine. Thats it.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:56 PM   #213
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kadri's play vs the Canucks was far worse imo and he got nothing.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:17 PM   #214
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

The thread on HF is already at 23 pages, you would think Tkachuk bertuzzied Doughty. So many tears, it's glorious
Old 03-20-2017, 01:19 PM   #215
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

man have I had fun on twitter with Oilers fans today.

I think he gets a game, can't really defend the play, but I get it. He's an on the line player and this one went over. It was only a matter of time. Key is learning from it and moving on.

Add me to the "liked Doughty's comments" list, I thought it showed some class to be honest.

Adding a poll ...
Old 03-20-2017, 01:24 PM   #216
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think he gets a game.

What drives me crazy about the NHL is nothing is said about the retaliation, Pearson(?) came in and targeted Tkachuk's head by grabbing onto it and pulling.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:24 PM   #217
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

How the sport has changed... 30 years ago this wouldn't have been noticed. Five years ago... there may have been discussion but most Flames fans would be upset that people are trying to make the game wimpy. Now? Some Flames fans are even vilifying their own player, the same fans who would be upset that the team doesn't come to each other's defense. The last part is what annoys me the most.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got a fine or a one game suspension. It won't be the end of the world, but I hope he gets off with just a warning. I'm just happy that the Flames have a player who isn't scared to stir the drink. This is the type of player they've been missing since... Ville Nieminen?
Old 03-20-2017, 01:25 PM   #218
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

I voted one game but I believe it should be a fine. I mean it was a reverse check and he got his shoulder up and should've been a penalty, but considering the past rulings on similar plays it shouldn't be suspendable. Now I think the NHL will suspend him to make an example out of him but it is horribly inconsistent, if this happened in a Hurricans vs Panthers games no one would care or even notice. Similar to how no one really cared about Hall's elbow. Media is making it bigger than it actually is so it wouldn't surprise me if he gets a game. No way should it be multiple games, Doughty was fine and Tkachuk has never been suspended before.

Last edited by Beninho; 03-20-2017 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:25 PM   #219
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I think he gets a game.

What drives me crazy about the NHL is nothing is said about the retaliation, Pearson(?) came in and targeted Tkachuk's head by grabbing onto it and pulling.
He tried to pull his head off? What a dummy! No wonder the NHL won't bother with Pearson... you can't fix stupid!
Old 03-20-2017, 01:27 PM   #220
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I put one game, but it wouldn't surprise me if NHL goes full NHL on this one because Flames.

FTR I think it should be a fine at worst. Should have just been an interference penalty on the ice and that's it really.
Closed Thread