Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-03-2017, 03:01 PM   #221
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
It depends on the result right, if the wrong movie wins then one studio gets to market their film as an Oscar winner while another may not (I dont know the specifics) but its a significant dollar amount that depends on the results in an envelope.

In a way I see where you're coming from, but from another perspective how much does the Academy pay PwC to make sure the right name is in the right envelope and is given to the right person?

Its not a hard job and I'm sure their billings are pretty sweet to do it.
Maybe they are the Auditors for the Academy in general, and that account, I'm sure would be huge. Would be a blow to lose it.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:47 PM   #222
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Working for the Academy is more about the prestige than the fees I imagine. It is a not for profit organization I would presume.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:52 PM   #223
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequitude View Post
Put me in Polak's camp. Releasing the guy's name so broadly was a dick move. Even if it wouldn't take much internet sleuthery to find it, a company should never release the name of an employee in a case like this.
He is not an employee though. He is an extremely senior partner and chairman of their US Board. PwC is not the ones releasing all the photos, interviews with the stage manager etc. Seems to me they accepted complete responsibility for it.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:00 PM   #224
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Working for the Academy is more about the prestige than the fees I imagine. It is a not for profit organization I would presume.
Whether its 'Not for Profit' or otherwise, I assume they're still paying their auditors.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:55 PM   #225
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Whether its 'Not for Profit' or otherwise, I assume they're still paying their auditors.
Of course they are paying PwC. But their fees were $145,000 in 2015 per Guidestar so not exactly huge.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:56 PM   #226
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Of course they are paying PwC. But their fees were $145,000 in 2015 per Guidestar so not exactly huge.
True. Fair enough.

But they probably entice other clients through the prestige and reference as well.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:00 PM   #227
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
I wouldn't deny they screwed up. But the ferocious haste with which everyone else involved - all of whom have higher status in Hollywood - have singled the two individuals out and evaded any responsibility themselves is breathtaking. Even by the low standards of that status-crazed pack of narcissists.
You nailed it Cliff. They screwed up, should have been paying more attention, and seemingly got caught up in the celebrity of it all. Hard to believe isn't it? Being human sucks. Seems like they took responsibility so time to move on.