Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2017, 08:29 PM   #21
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Altitude Sports broadcast team praising Matthew Tkachuk out of nowhere. Unexpected.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:06 PM   #22
shadowlord
First Line Centre

Exp:

Canucks score 2 minutes in to the third period to make it 4-1, but Chicago scores 3 to tie it at 4-4.

Chicago's 4th goal is removed after review. Offside. Hmm... Chicago always involved with offside calls lately.
shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:23 PM   #23
Rejean31
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Vancouver can't even score a goal against the No Goods and tonight they walk into Chicago and win 5-4 in OT.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:56 PM   #24
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejean31 View Post
So Vancouver can't even score a goal against the No Goods and tonight they walk into Chicago and win 5-4 in OT.
It's almost like different things can happen on different nights!
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:15 PM   #25
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
It's almost like different things can happen on different nights!
This statement is full of to much logic a simple

"Vancouver is no good" would be enough
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:20 PM   #26
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edn88 View Post
How great would it be for a Habs-Leafs first round series. Then a Habs-Sens second rounder followed by a Habs-Bruins third rounder (and obligatory Flames-Habs SCF).
I'm guessing the 4 Metropolitan teams died in a plane crash. May they RIP.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:44 PM   #27
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

The winner of the Ducks and Oilers game will only be 2 points back of the Sharks. Granted the Sharks ROW will give them a tie breaker, but the Sharks might choke away the Division. We might get an Oilers and Flames series with the bloody Oilers as the Division winner.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:10 PM   #28
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
The winner of the Ducks and Oilers game will only be 2 points back of the Sharks. Granted the Sharks ROW will give them a tie breaker, but the Sharks might choke away the Division. We might get an Oilers and Flames series with the bloody Oilers as the Division winner.
I'm absolutely fine with that kind of matchup in the first round.

Think of the motivation. The Oilers beat us 4 times, they finished first in their division with very little adversity.

Meanwhile the Flames had to fight for everything this year, and the upset is there to be had.

There would be nothing better then ripping the hearts out of the Oilers and their fans that way.

I think if the Oilers get challenged they'll do what they do, collapse.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2017, 11:33 PM   #29
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
With the Oilers' butter-soft schedule down the stretch, I'd say that's a pretty realistic scenario, and that's fine by me. Oilers don't have the depth to win a 7 game series, and Talbot and McDingleberry can only take them so far by themselves. Flames would very likely win that series in 5 or 6 games, especially given the motivation they'd have going in and the more rounded/balanced team game that they play. I'd also argue that Elliott is just as good, if not better than Talbot when he's dialed in.

The only advantage I'd give to Edmonton would be their PP, which could potentially be worrisome considering all the phantom, ridiculous calls that would likely go in McDoofus' favor.

The only teams I don't want anything to do with in round 1 are the Ducks and Hawks for obvious reasons. But the Oilers, Sharks, or Wild? I think the Flames match up really well against either one. Bring 'em on.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:56 AM   #30
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I prefer to think of it as the Flames are only 5 points out from SJ as of today.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:21 AM   #31
flamesforcup
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Id rather get the Ducks than the Sharks tbh.
flamesforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:45 AM   #32
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I'm absolutely fine with that kind of matchup in the first round.

Think of the motivation. The Oilers beat us 4 times, they finished first in their division with very little adversity.

Meanwhile the Flames had to fight for everything this year, and the upset is there to be had.

There would be nothing better then ripping the hearts out of the Oilers and their fans that way.

I think if the Oilers get challenged they'll do what they do, collapse.
When the Flames beat the Oilers in the playoffs it will be because the Flames are better, not because the Oilers collapsed.
Since the Flames passed the Oilers in the standings, challenged them if you will, the Oil have won 4 straight, out scoring the opposition 18-5. Hardly a collapse.
Your narrative sucks. It discredits the Flames.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:21 AM   #33
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Lightning blew it as they had a 3-2 lead in the 3rd period before the Coyotes score 3 goals and win 5-3. Domingue faces 39 shots in the win and Tampa is still 4 points back of the Leafs.

The Flyers also blew a chance to close the gap with the Leafs as they lose 3-2 to the Jets in reg time. Strange co-incidence with the Perrault-Scheifele-Wheeler line, they scored goals at the 7:02 mark of the 2nd AND 3rd periods. Scheifele and Wheeler also team up for the Jets 3rd goal.

The Hurricanes beat the Panthers 4-3 in reg time and are 6-1-3 in the past 10 games and now just 6 points back of the Leafs.

The Sens hang on for the 3-2 reg win over the Bruins. The Sens look like they will make the playoffs now and are 3 back of the Habs. The Bruins are only 1 point up on the Leafs.

The Habs lose 2-1 in OT, Mantha with the GWG. The shots were 36-36, Howard and Montoya put on a goalie show.

The Devils play spoiler as they defeat the Rangers 3-2 in OT. Blandisi with the GWG and Schneider faced 40 Ranger shots!

No surprise, the Blues defeat the Avs 4-2. The lowlight of the game had an Avs player kick a Blues player in the crotch. No penalty was called!
Old 03-22-2017, 12:56 PM   #34
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
The only teams I don't want anything to do with in round 1 are the Ducks and Hawks for obvious reasons. But the Oilers, Sharks, or Wild? I think the Flames match up really well against either one. Bring 'em on.
I agree with not being too keen on facing the Ducks or Blackhawks. Chicago in particular to me is the one team to avoid if possible.

I'd prefer an Edmonton matchup...but part of me still cringes at the thought of that team having any success...so having to go into Edmonton with them having home ice would really suck.

That said the image of Darnel Nurse putting the puck in his own net in Game 7, and McDavid trying to console him as he openly weeps after the game is a happy one.