Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-17-2017, 11:03 AM   #161
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

When in the hell did the Eagles sign Foles? I completely missed that. Is he really a better option than Daniels?

Patriots look loaded again, another strong off season for them and they have to be the Superbowl favorite to start the season.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:18 PM   #162
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

How strong is the market for AP right now? The Raiders are apparently trying to convince Beast Mode to unretire. Ouch.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:50 PM   #163
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
How strong is the market for AP right now? The Raiders are apparently trying to convince Beast Mode to unretire. Ouch.
Lynch is an Oakland native and his dream was to play for the Raiders. He and the Raiders have talked and there's interest there. Wouldn't surprise me if it happens. To put things into perspective Peterson is a year older and coming off major surgery compared to Lynch who has lower mileage and just had a year of rest. Personally I would rather the Raiders just draft a RB in what is a deep draft at the position but if it has to be one or the other I would take Lynch because AP isn't a great pass blocker and doesn't run well out of the shotgun which is a common formation for the Raiders offense.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 02:34 PM   #164
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galakanokis View Post
When in the hell did the Eagles sign Foles? I completely missed that. Is he really a better option than Daniels?

Patriots look loaded again, another strong off season for them and they have to be the Superbowl favorite to start the season.
In my opinion, yes. Foles might not be great but he's one of the better backups in the league. Daniel was hot garbage.

EDIT: Also Daniel asked for his release so he could find a team that would pay him to be a starter which is ####ing hilarious.
rubecube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:43 PM   #165
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Hadn't heard about his request for a release. Figured we shelled out enough dough last year at least we could have gotten two years out of him. Haven't looked to see what the cap implications were to keep him. I don't mind Foles just seems rather lateral.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:09 PM   #166
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Brutal news from former 49er great and part of "the Catch"... Dwight Clark

Quote:
"In September of 2015, I started feeling weakness in my left hand," Clark wrote. "I was mildly paying attention to it because since my playing days, I've constantly had pain in my neck. I was thinking it was related to some kind of nerve damage because it would just come and go.

"After months of tests and treatment, I got some bad news," he continued. "I was diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. I have ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease. Those words are still very hard for me to say."
Ugh.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-diagnosed-als
Old 03-20-2017, 09:48 AM   #167
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some "chatter" about Revis going back to the Pats on another one year show me deal full of incentives.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:08 AM   #168
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tom Brady's stolen jersey was found in Mexico, stolen by a credentialed member of the media. The wall just got 10 feet higher.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:30 AM   #169
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Tom Brady's stolen jersey was found in Mexico, stolen by a credentialed member of the media. The wall just got 10 feet higher.
Bad hombres.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:53 AM   #170
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Was it Ron Mexico?
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Da_Chief For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 12:46 PM   #171
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol, most unexpected moment at a political hearing I can remember: FBI director uses metaphor that involves the fact he hates the Patriots.

Old 03-23-2017, 04:15 PM   #172
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Roger Goodell, another noted Patriot-hater, today sent an email detailing some improvements being considered by the NFL to improve the watchability of games.

"On the football side, there are a number of changes we are making to the mechanics and rules of the game to maintain excitement and also improve the consistency of our officiating.

For example, next week clubs will vote on a change to centralize replay reviews. Instead of a fixed sideline monitor, we will bring a tablet to the Referee who can review the play in consultation with our officiating headquarters in New York, which has the final decision. This should improve consistency and accuracy of decisions and help speed up the process.

Regarding game timing, we're going to institute a play clock following the extra point when television does not take a break, and we're considering instituting a play clock after a touchdown. We're also going to standardize the starting of the clock after a runner goes out-of-bounds, and standardize halftime lengths in all games, so we return to the action as quickly as possible. Those are just a few of the elements we are working on to improve the pace of our game.

Together with our broadcast partners, we will be working to meaningfully reduce down time and the frequency of commercial breaks in our game. We will also be giving our broadcast partners increased flexibility to avoid untimely breaks in the action. For example, we know how annoying it is when we come back from a commercial break, kick off, and then cut to a commercial again. I hate that too. Our goal is to eliminate it.

We also know that you feel there are too many elements in the broadcast that aren't relevant to the play on the field. With our partners, we will be looking to instead focus on content that is most complementary and compelling to you–whether that is analysis, highlights or stories about our players".

PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PostandIn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2017, 06:50 PM   #173
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Butt Fumble is signing with the Bears
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2017, 06:08 AM   #174
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:29 AM   #175
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostandIn View Post
Roger Goodell, another noted Patriot-hater, today sent an email detailing some improvements being considered by the NFL to improve the watchability of games.

"On the football side, there are a number of changes we are making to the mechanics and rules of the game to maintain excitement and also improve the consistency of our officiating.

For example, next week clubs will vote on a change to centralize replay reviews. Instead of a fixed sideline monitor, we will bring a tablet to the Referee who can review the play in consultation with our officiating headquarters in New York, which has the final decision. This should improve consistency and accuracy of decisions and help speed up the process.

Regarding game timing, we're going to institute a play clock following the extra point when television does not take a break, and we're considering instituting a play clock after a touchdown. We're also going to standardize the starting of the clock after a runner goes out-of-bounds, and standardize halftime lengths in all games, so we return to the action as quickly as possible. Those are just a few of the elements we are working on to improve the pace of our game.

Together with our broadcast partners, we will be working to meaningfully reduce down time and the frequency of commercial breaks in our game. We will also be giving our broadcast partners increased flexibility to avoid untimely breaks in the action. For example, we know how annoying it is when we come back from a commercial break, kick off, and then cut to a commercial again. I hate that too. Our goal is to eliminate it.

We also know that you feel there are too many elements in the broadcast that aren't relevant to the play on the field. With our partners, we will be looking to instead focus on content that is most complementary and compelling to you–whether that is analysis, highlights or stories about our players".

Good to see that they're taking initiatives to speed up the game flow and reduce commercial time.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:02 PM   #176
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

they should just change it to 3 down football !!
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:18 PM   #177
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

So the Saints are thinking about Johnny Football?

Quote:
NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday the wayward quarterback and former Browns first-round pick was spotted with Saints head coach Sean Payton at breakfast during last month's Super Bowl, per sources informed of the meeting. The two discussed a return to the NFL.

Rapoport added that Payton is interested in Manziel possibly joining the Saints sometime in the future. This was not simply the Saints head coach taking an interest in Manziel as he tries to climb back into the league after washing out amid substance abuse and legal issues.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...johnny-manziel
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:45 PM   #178
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Manziel and Sanchize may both have jobs before Kaepernick. Definitely totally reasonable.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:00 PM   #179
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Manziel and Sanchize may both have jobs before Kaepernick. Definitely totally reasonable.
The thing is that there's no expectations on Sanchez and Manziel. They would be expected to hold clip boards and if they were ever pressed into action that would be a bad thing for the team. Same with Kaepernick who simply isn't starting QB material. The difference is that with Kaepernick you would be bringing in a guy to hold a clip board that disrespected a large portion of the population. Really there's simply not a lot of upside for teams to bring him in as he won't help them win on the field and he may result in fans cancelling their season tickets.

He was within his rights to do what he did but now he's going to have to pay the consequences. I feel no sympathy to him as I feel in the name of making a political statement he disrespected a lot of good people that put their lives on the line for him and the rest of their country as well as ones that lost their lives protecting US citizens. He just picked the wrong time and the wrong platform and now he's paying for it.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 03-24-2017 at 02:03 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:55 PM   #180
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Always love old white dudes lecturing African-Americans on what is and isn't an appropriate way to protest hardcore, systemic racism.
rubecube is online now   Reply With Quote