Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-01-2017, 10:11 PM   #201
Gravitykillr
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I still play the game almost nightly, and while it has gone downhill a bit I'm still happy with game. I'm hoping that the 1.6 update has a bit more the pve players such as myself but I'm not holding my breath, but having DZ's 7, 8, and 9 while still being on 24 player servers I"m hoping will help with the gankers and check point campers, and legendary mode is going to be interesting as the loot drops sound pretty good.

Survival does have benefit's to your whichever character you start survival with as any drops you pick up go to that character. That being said I didn't view Survival as a part of the main game. I looked at it as a secondary part of the game and I find I really enjoy it. You have to actual employ strategy in finding gear and clothes and other pieces to build guns and filters to be able to extract from the dz.
Gravitykillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 01:16 AM   #202
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjRhythmic View Post
Really? All the gear I have gotten from survival has been used on my main character. Actually, I get tons of gear from survival making it easier to min/max my character. All the gear I have gotten has pretty much made me stronger.

Curious as to how you found it didn't progress your character
Probably because I was in there all by myself, really didn't have a clue what I was suppose to do and I only played the dam mode for ten minutes, lol. You know I loved the game when it first came out but personally, I've just been disappointed with almost every aspect of after level 30 progression that they've come up with and to me there's never been a clear direction for the end game content. Then with every patch the game has lost its appeal so much that I'd honestly just rather play Lovers In a Dangerous Spacetime with my kids

Last edited by Iceman57; 02-02-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iceman57 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2017, 02:38 PM   #203
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman57 View Post
Probably because I was in there all by myself, really didn't have a clue what I was suppose to do and I only played the dam mode for ten minutes, lol. You know I loved the game when it first came out but personally, I've just been disappointed with almost every aspect of after level 30 progression that they've come up with and to me there's never been a clear direction for the end game content. Then with every patch the game has lost its appeal so much that I'd honestly just rather play Lovers In a Dangerous Spacetime with my kids

At times finding couch co-op games to play with my two sons has been challenging but this game is a ton of fun
Old 01-06-2018, 12:15 PM   #204
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I grabbed some popcorn, a drink, removed my pants, sat down and got comfy for this very well crafted video. I already traded in my copy of the Division a while ago but if I see it on sale in the PS store, I may pick it up again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iceman57 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2018, 01:53 PM   #205
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

I wonder what player base is like these days
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:12 PM   #206
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not the worst, but pretty small overall:

Left: Live players (PC), Right: Peak players today (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Jbo
Old 01-09-2018, 03:53 PM   #207
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've also heard that the player count on Uplay is double/triple times the number on Steam. Could be bull#### though.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:13 AM   #208
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Uggh this game has such a love hate relationship for me, that review by Skillup really makes me want to try it again but then I think about all the grind I'll have to do again and it starts to lose its luster.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:30 AM   #209
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Uggh this game has such a love hate relationship for me, that review by Skillup really makes me want to try it again but then I think about all the grind I'll have to do again and it starts to lose its luster.
I thought the same thing, but honestly it's been pretty painless as the game just rains loot. The new systems they added like the gear optimization station essentially lets you find a set and just level it up.

The new horde mode is super fun, and you get really good loot. A lot of the activities now are scaled better for size of groups. So if you are playing solo the game will scale it, not so much enemy health, but the amount of spawned enemies gets adjusted.

Even the DZ isn't all that bad. Still get some ###### bags, but in the most part especially with the new rogue system, it's not to bad at all.

I've been having a blast with it again. I started over basically. Put on a set that I liked, and then deleted everything else.
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TjRhythmic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2018, 11:09 AM   #210
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I fired it back up on PC as I have the Gold package and never played through, I'm struggling though with my new toon I don't remember the levels being so unforgiving but its probably just my bad gameplay.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:11 AM   #211
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

I cracked open my vanilla copy a few days ago. Friend bought it for me like a year ago for $10 from some Amazon sale. A few of us just started with new characters, with some of us (including myself) starting anew.

I'm level 10 so far, and having a blast. I know back when it was released, most people said the grind from 1-30 was fun, and then stagnated quick at end-game. Sounds like it's better now. So I'm looking forward to hitting level 30, then checking out the content myself.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:18 AM   #212
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I haven't got right into it yet as I've had input lag issues on PC. Basically when I stop running the game doesn't. After a bunch of research two things seem to cause this, Logitech 3rd party LCD support in options and EVGA precision OC software. My issue was the latter and all seems good now, hope to get some QT with it this weekend.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:26 AM   #213
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjRhythmic View Post
I thought the same thing, but honestly it's been pretty painless as the game just rains loot. The new systems they added like the gear optimization station essentially lets you find a set and just level it up.

The new horde mode is super fun, and you get really good loot. A lot of the activities now are scaled better for size of groups. So if you are playing solo the game will scale it, not so much enemy health, but the amount of spawned enemies gets adjusted.

Even the DZ isn't all that bad. Still get some ###### bags, but in the most part especially with the new rogue system, it's not to bad at all.

I've been having a blast with it again. I started over basically. Put on a set that I liked, and then deleted everything else.
I'm super happy I did end up buying this game again for twenty bucks in the PS store last week.......well, I sorta wish I hadn't traded in my original copy in the first place but what can I say, lol. I forgot I had purchased the season pass and was pleased to see it still applied to my new copy of the game.

Game modes Resistance, Skirmish & the new Underground are so much fun it's absolutely insane and I haven't even played Last Stand, Survival or the new Incursion yet, lol. The new Loadouts feature easily allow you to quickly swap between gear sets which means you can switch up your play style on the fly keeping the game fresh & exciting. It's nice to see the Dev team not give up and eventually get this game to where it probably should have been at release.

One issue I'm not entirely sure on is if Div Tech is used for anything else other then the currency needed to use the Optimization station?
Old 01-12-2018, 05:14 AM   #214
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
I cracked open my vanilla copy a few days ago. Friend bought it for me like a year ago for $10 from some Amazon sale. A few of us just started with new characters, with some of us (including myself) starting anew.

I'm level 10 so far, and having a blast. I know back when it was released, most people said the grind from 1-30 was fun, and then stagnated quick at end-game. Sounds like it's better now. So I'm looking forward to hitting level 30, then checking out the content myself.
The leveling experience in this game for me is one of the best gaming experiences in many years, they did an outstanding job from day 1 on that.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:35 PM   #215
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Well call me impressed with this new patch, lots of fun on the pier, still finding it hard to get groups for anything though.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:06 PM   #216
Gravitykillr
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I still play on a regular basis with a group of guys
Still enjoying the game and the latest patch has added a few elements that are nice. Rogue 2.0 makes the DZ less frustrating than in the past, used to be frustrating being part of a large group going into a Manhunt and having some idiot walking into your path and you going rogue because you shot him.
Gravitykillr is offline   Reply With Quote