Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2024, 10:22 PM   #1681
gallione11
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
Save your money, buy a smoker/good BBQ and you'll make better meat than anything you can buy.

18-25 dollar hamburgers? Yea no, I'll make them myself with anything I want on it for a fraction of that price.
75 dollar steaks? I can buy a good one from BonTon and make it myself for $20.

I'm so over paying these ridiculous prices for food, when the quality and shrinkflation is going down and the price continues to rise.

$18.00 for a Wendy's combo now a days, just unreal.
Its crazy to me that I fast-food places are now almost as expensive as going to a half decent sit down restaurant, its comical to say the least. I'd sooner pay $20 more dollars for "home-cooked" food vs nothing but deep fried garbage.

If I have to eat out some where I usually look for the mom and pop type shops/diners where you can still get a good sandwich/burger for around $10.00

Sorry, not in Canada, but what kind of weight and cut are you getting for $20? I agree, restaurants are super overpriced, but even still, $20 doesn't seem like it'd get you much steakwise unless you know a cattle farmer.

EDIT: I buy prime (highest USDA rated) steaks from Oregon Costcos for ~$26/lb. Ribeyes/filets are similarly priced.

Last edited by gallione11; 05-04-2024 at 10:26 PM.
gallione11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 08:21 AM   #1682
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallione11 View Post
Sorry, not in Canada, but what kind of weight and cut are you getting for $20? I agree, restaurants are super overpriced, but even still, $20 doesn't seem like it'd get you much steakwise unless you know a cattle farmer.

EDIT: I buy prime (highest USDA rated) steaks from Oregon Costcos for ~$26/lb. Ribeyes/filets are similarly priced.
A 14 ounce striploin is around $20 up here and that is pretty good for cooking at home. Obviously that won't be the same as a $70 steak on any steakhouse menu.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 03:39 PM   #1683
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Looks like Pizza Face is trying to sell their location on 17th.

https://www.facebook.com/share/jvQE4...ibextid=79PoIi
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 08:54 AM   #1684
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Tried Bow Tie pizza over the weekend- A little more expensive that I am used to paying but man it's good Pizza. I had the Donair and it had great flavor, nice toppings and the gf had their Greece lightning pizza which I didn't try but she raved about it. Both pizzas were substantial enough, lots of toppings and the crust held up after the 15 minute ride home, and through the next day as leftovers
aaronck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aaronck For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2024, 10:03 AM   #1685
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Looks like Pizza Face is trying to sell their location on 17th.

https://www.facebook.com/share/jvQE4...ibextid=79PoIi
Thats too bad, as mentioned they have one of the best pizza deals around right now.

I suspect they will be going back to delivery only? or, perhaps DOP moving into a new space soon, they may have room to run it out of there?
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote