Exp:

hadwin robbed of hole in one

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:24 PM   #62
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

adam hadwin @ahadwingolf
Learned two things today. 1) I need to work on my chipping. 2) From now on Joe will tend the flag from 215.
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KelVarnsen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2017, 08:55 PM   #63
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Awesome
Old 03-21-2017, 08:47 AM   #64
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

3 Canadians with top 10s on the weekend.

Hadwin on the PGA tour
Ames recovers from a meh Saturday with a dynamite Sunday for a top 10
Brooke with a top 10 on the LPGA

Awesome.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:47 PM   #65
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hearn with a double bogey on the back nine to cost himself a top 10 finish. Still ended up with a top 25

Brad Fristch throws out a -5 on Sunday to climb into a T-44. Bogeyed 18 or it would have been higher.

If these two ever figure out how to put 4 rounds together, they'll win. If they don't, well it will be a struggle.

Sloan and Yip both closing in on a top 10 on the Web.com tour. Svennson looks to have a top 20. Corey Connors makes another cut. Have to think that they did well against a weaker field with a number of web.com players over at the puerto rico open. Also worth noting is everyone's favorite story teller Robert Allenby is on the web.com tour, looking like a top 5 finish for him

Rough week for the ladies, with Brooke, Alena Sharpe, and LeBlanc all missing the cut. A 4th Canadian, Jennifer Ha, had great 2nd and 4th rounds, but pretty crap first and third rounds. She finished t-44. that said, there seems to be some scoring available on the LPGA today, with a lesser known player shooting a 9 under to jump from 69 to 33 for the tourney.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:20 AM   #66
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sunday morning update

Hughes and Taylor made the cut at the PGA stop but are middle of the pack.

Spittle is in contention on the Champions Tour event. Was 1 shot back, but then went bogey, bogey to fall 3 shots off the lead, part way through the front nine. He's on a par 5 right now so hopefully he can bounce back.

Brook is 12 shots off the lead ready to start her day at the LPGA first major. This is a big deal because when play was suspended Friday she was 2 shots on the wrong side of the cut line with 9 holes left to play. She got it done, made the cut, and if she gains 4 shots on the field today, she'll likely get into a top 15. top 7 are way ahead of everyone else in this tourney.
Old 04-02-2017, 12:45 PM   #67
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brooke making an early run, 3 under through 6. Up to top 20. Leaders yet to tee off.

Spittle gets one back and is currently T-4. There is a bit of a logjam there at T-4 so he needs another birdie or two for a top 5 finish. Jiminez is running away with the tournament for the win.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:24 PM   #68
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Once Tiger pulled out of the Masters I lost interest again (sad but true) only way I bother watching all 4 rounds is if one of the Canadian's get near the top.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:33 PM   #69
edn88
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Lexi Thompson just penalized 4 strokes for a rules violation from the previous day (she marked her ball and when she replaced it put it in a different position).

Another case of a viewer at home calling in (or emailing in) the rules violation.

I'm torn on the issue as it appears that she deliberately places the ball in a different position, but once the round is done it feels like even if there was cheating the round has to count as it was scored.

If I was the rest of the field and saw the video of what she did I'd be pissed that she tried to cheat (given the honor portion of golf).

The LPGA and PGA have to come up with a set of rules that deals with viewer call ins - or someone from the LPGA/PGA should review broadcast video as it goes out.

I don't think any other sport has this issue (can you imagine if you could call in a rules violation for a hockey game and get the score overturned?)
Old 04-02-2017, 11:16 PM   #70
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow. Just read a number of articles on this.

This one will result in the rule change, imo. It cost the player a major, a day late, and on the back nine on Sunday.

It's crossed outside the realm of the LPGA into the mainstream media as well.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:30 PM   #71
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Once Tiger pulled out of the Masters I lost interest again (sad but true) only way I bother watching all 4 rounds is if one of the Canadian's get near the top.
I'm looking forward to see how Adam Hadwin does.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:25 AM   #72
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edn88 View Post
Lexi Thompson just penalized 4 strokes for a rules violation from the previous day (she marked her ball and when she replaced it put it in a different position).

Another case of a viewer at home calling in (or emailing in) the rules violation.

I'm torn on the issue as it appears that she deliberately places the ball in a different position, but once the round is done it feels like even if there was cheating the round has to count as it was scored.

If I was the rest of the field and saw the video of what she did I'd be pissed that she tried to cheat (given the honor portion of golf).

The LPGA and PGA have to come up with a set of rules that deals with viewer call ins - or someone from the LPGA/PGA should review broadcast video as it goes out.

I don't think any other sport has this issue (can you imagine if you could call in a rules violation for a hockey game and get the score overturned?)
I don't really think there was anything intentional going on. I suspect she was just lining up the alignment mark on the ball.

She really didn't miss the spot by that much though. Are players really that exact in how they are marking and replacing the ball? Is there a threshold? Every time a player picks the ball up and marks it they are probably missing by at least half an inch. Is half an inch ok, but 3/4 an inch bad?

Allowing viewers to call in is pretty silly as well, since not all the players are on TV. It's like the NHL allowing replays but only having cameras at one end of the rink.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:09 AM   #73
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, thinking there was intent to cheat is a little crazy. Watch in real time. It was borderline gimme that she almost just putted out, but decided to stick with her routine and line it up. she never should have been casual about it and lined it up from behind the ball like she usually would.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:09 AM   #74
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

The 4 stroke penalty is ludicrous.
If you have to give her two strokes, by your stupid rules, so be it. But at the time she signed her card it was a legal scorecard. The extra 2 strokes is... I don't even know how to describe it.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:15 AM   #75
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really couldn't believe that "fans" were allowed to have any sort of say in the outcome of a golf game. What a joke.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:50 PM   #76
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Personally I'd like to find out where this fan got the contact information from? Do you just go to the LPGA website and find it under contact us? Do they have a rules violation hotline?

I am going to start calling the cfl and NFL to alert them about holding violations on the line of scrimmage.

I will also be helping MLB manage the strike zone at various times this year.

I'd offer to help the wwe, but I only have so much free time
Old 04-04-2017, 06:50 PM   #77
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got Speith on a Piņata bet for the masters. 89:1. Put $5 down.

Go Speith!!
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:21 PM   #78
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

@Dougferguson405:
Masters favorite Dustin Johnson injures lower back after taking fall on stairs this afternoon. Manager says DJ "hopes" to play tomorrow. Wow

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:08 PM   #79
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
@Dougferguson405:
Masters favorite Dustin Johnson injures lower back after taking fall on stairs this afternoon. Manager says DJ "hopes" to play tomorrow. Wow
Man, that dude gets some crazy bad breaks.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:52 PM   #80
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Mike Wier gets a hole in one before the par three contest is shutdown due to rain.