Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Buy And Sell > The CP Power Ring
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 09:09 AM   #1
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:
Default Calgarypuck Networking Group

It has been my pleasure to meet many people from the calgarypuck community. It is very satisfying to socialize and work with people that share a common passion - the Calgary Flames. I have spoken with many of you about expanding these relationships for our mutual benefit.

Many of us are professionals or business owners, actively seeking new clients, contacts and resources. I am sure many of you have attended various networking events in the past. I think a new networking group made up of calgarypuck members, would be an enjoyable and successful enterprise.

Some of us have talked about forming a networking club that meets one evening each month at a restaurant or pub (maybe the new Flames sports bar). We expect it would be less formal than other networking groups you may have attended.

The basic structure could be modified according to the needs of the members, but we submit that it work like this:

1) only one member from each industry group, ex. one accountant, one realtor etc (the first person to commit from an industry will be grandfathered in)
2) the goal is to help grow the business of members
3) each member will have a few minutes each meeting to talk about their business, and what is a good lead for them
4) the group may decide to give one member each month the chance to speak in more detail (20 minutes) on a rotating basis
5) exchange of leads at meetings, or between meetings
6) regular monthly meetings (except July and August)
7) there will be a social component too - perhaps meeting to watch a Flames game together

In my experience these groups can be very successful if the group is committed to working together. I think this group could be especially effective, as many of us already know each other, and we all share a common interest.

If you are interested, please post your reply to this thread, and identify your industry. Provide a description of your business, biography, or web-site link.

My name is Peter Robinson, and I am a lawyer practicing in the areas of real estate and estate planning.
www.nwcalgarylaw.com

We hope this opportunity will be of interest to some of you. Please reply if you are interested, or share this invitation with other calgarypuck members that might be a good fit.

Thank you.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:40 AM   #2
West Karma
Scoring Winger

Exp:

nm

Last edited by West Karma; 03-15-2013 at 03:07 PM.
West Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:19 AM   #3
Nabber
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Great idea Peter, and I would be interested in joining this Networking Group as well.

My name is Trevor McNabb, I am a realtor with CIR Realtors Northeast Calgary. I've worked with a few members of CalgaryPuck and would love to help fellow flames fans grow their business as well.
Nabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:41 AM   #4
Mike Oxlong
Got Oliver Klozoff

Exp:

I might be in for this as well. I have found some networking associations to be quite succesful in the past.

My name is Jamie Coulter and I work for Displayco Canada. We design and build all sizes of trade show exhibits. Anything from small tabletop displays to huge modular exhibits. We also have a full service graphics department and provide all the other services pertaining to trade shows.
Mike Oxlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:52 AM   #5
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I might be in too, though I already go to one monthly networking group.

My name is Jason Schwab and I'm a real estate investor. Though right now I'm as busy as I can be with personal stuff, eventually we want to branch out and start bringing in external investors.

My dad might also be interested, he is an independant contractor and can do all kinds of things, he does excellent quality work and is quite fast as well. He recently quit his job and did a house flip with me, and is now looking for contracts to do until we can get the next flip up and running (be three or 4 months).
Old 02-28-2007, 10:59 AM   #6
droopydrew19
Safari Stan

Exp:

I am relatively new in a networking venture and I am looking for a way to branch out and meet more people. I would be interested in expanding my relationships.

My website... www.ourworldnetwork.com/DrewS
droopydrew19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:11 AM   #7
simmer2
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really like this idea, as myself and partners are looking for businesses to purchase. Our efforts right now are being placed on expanding our networks and meeting business owners. We want to find the right business to buy, and are open to looking at most companies.

I am in an Oil & Gas Engineer in Calgary, but would be interested in coming to these network meetings as a business investor looking for prospective companies and meeting people who have built or are part of successful companies.

Troutman, I'd be happy to help you organize anything if required. PM me if you need some help.
simmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:34 PM   #8
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm in...but not sure if there is that much interest in the stuff my company does. Over the phone marketing and fundraising.
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:41 PM   #9
Sample00
Sleazy Banker

Exp:

there are days when I still wished I lived in Calgary.
great idea guys, good luck with it!!
Sample00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:47 PM   #10
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm in for sure; I'm an independent financial advisor in Calgary. My name is Victor Lough and my firm is M3 Financial Group. www.m3financial.com
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:44 PM   #11
Fozzie_DeBear
Wucka Wocka Wacka

Exp:

I'm interested in knowing more, I'm still connected into the high-technology sector in Alberta (on the ICT side, but know people in Energy and Life Sciences as well).

My name is Terry and I am an alcoho....errrr....I used to work in the Government but now work for iCORE www.icore.ca (We manage a provincial funding program to attract computer scientists etc. to Alberta)

Also, if people are interested in connecting into the high-technology investment community here in Alberta I can help make those connections as well.

There are some really good companies here, but not enough investors interested in plays outside of real estate and black goo.

"It was a debacle of monumental proportions." -MacT
Fozzie_DeBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:53 PM   #12
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

I am reputable internet seller. I sell Ipods, laptops and cell phones cheap cheap cheap. US dollar Money Orders only. Please to contact via hotmail address with VISA number for large list of excellent inventory. Thank you and god bless.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:16 PM   #13
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzie_DeBear View Post
black goo.
mmmmmm, black goo
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:36 PM   #14
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sure,
I'll play this game.

Corey Lundrigan, CET here.

Senior Electrical Designer with a Mid-Sized Engineering firm here in Calgary.

Personally I do Low Voltage Electrical and Controls Design, SCADA, PLC and HMI programming,comissioning and start-ups. If it has a wire connected to it, I can probably work with it...
Old 02-28-2007, 02:37 PM   #15
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevanGuy View Post
I'm in...but not sure if there is that much interest in the stuff my company does. Over the phone marketing and fundraising.
I think I usually hang up on you guys......
Old 02-28-2007, 02:48 PM   #16
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^ I know that these calls are annoying, but they do actually work! (or so is my understanding anyway).
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:30 PM   #17
SeeGeeWhy
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Chris Popoff
Production Engineer, Investor
SeeGeeWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:13 AM   #18
Temporary_User
#1 Goaltender

Exp: